Kraton Kraton EXB breaks again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I tried putting max shims under the pin in mine too. Stripped just as fast. ??

What has worked so far is the LSD plates or 12x18 shims. Both seem solid so far, but the shims is my preference as I like the open rear diff. Too stiff and it just donuts too easy.
What are you running in your rear?

What are you running in your rear?
Right now I’m running the standard EXB diff with a single Arrma small and large (0.2 and 0.3mm) shim behind each pin, then 1.75mm total of 12x18mm shims (3x0.5mm + 2x0.1mm) behind the sun gear and 15k TA fluid. I also have two Kyosho shims on the ring side bearing.

Yeah I tried putting max shims under the pin in mine too. Stripped just as fast. ??

What has worked so far is the LSD plates or 12x18 shims. Both seem solid so far, but the shims is my preference as I like the open rear diff. Too stiff and it just donuts too easy.
Three 12x18mm shims (0.3, 0.5 & 1.0mm) is working nicely for me. I’ve put eight 6s packs of hard running through it with no issue. Did this out the box.

This whole "my EXB is broken" is getting real boring lately, to fix your diff just use 12x18mm shims as I described in my thread a while ago..!!
@bicketybam .. your one of the lucky few that runs a stock rear diff and has no troubles.??
I swapped mine to 12x18mm before I'd even driven it, I watched all the issues before I'd even got mine (being in UK sometimes has advantages?)
I'm really starting to think that those people who are still breaking them basically can't drive..???
For the record, I can't drive like some guys on here but mine is still intact..?

I had shims in my rear it still tore gears after 15 packs watch my vids
Now I have lsd plates on pack 3 or 4 great so far
You had 12x18mm shims or the small stock shims behind the pins? There’s a huge difference there. The 12x18mm shims are the size of the LSD plates but don’t add as much drag. They make your diff buttery smooth while still supporting the back of the sun gear.

Time will tell if this keeps the pins from shearing the ridges on the back of the sun gear tho. That still seems like a weak point. On the V4 sun gears, the pins would break or the sun would split in half. The EXB seem to break the pin ridges instead. Even with LSD or 12x18mm shims.

You had 12x18mm shims or the small stock shims behind the pins? There’s a huge difference there. The 12x18mm shims are the size of the LSD plates but don’t add as much drag. They make your diff buttery smooth while still supporting the back of the sun gear.

Time will tell if this keeps the pins from shearing the ridges on the back of the sun gear tho. That still seems like a weak point. On the V4 sun gears, the pins would break or the sun would split in half. The EXB seem to break the pin ridges instead. Even with LSD or 12x18mm shims.
I had about 5 stock exb shims in the rear behind both sungears. I also had a couple shims on the two of the satellite gears

Glad to hear people’s fixes with the shims is solid. I have been busy otherwise mine would have been run already. I got my diffs all done up and can’t wait to bash. ??
I had about 5 stock exb shims in the rear behind both sungears. I also had a couple shims on the two of the satellite gears
Need the 12x18 shims, completely different... supports the big gears. Not like the stock ones that let it have movement which ultimately Blows up diffs.

Glad to hear people’s fixes with the shims is solid. I have been busy otherwise mine would have been run already. I got my diffs all done up and can’t wait to bash. ??
Yep I’m glad too. Keep in mind there are people with stripped rears even with the shims and lsd plates. The little slots or ridges that hold the pins shear off

Yep I’m glad too. Keep in mind there are people with stripped rears even with the shims and lsd plates. The little slots or ridges that hold the pins shear off
I’m holding on to hope that, that issue is due to bad heat treat on certain batches... getting in a hurry and not doing the proper time in the heat and being treated correctly could cause this. I’m really hoping that’s the case and once the bad stock is gone (no way else for it to work, unfortunately folks gotta go through the bad ones to get rid of em) and then future batches will be properly manufactured. Hey a guy can hope right? :)

I’m holding on to hope that, that issue is due to bad heat treat on certain batches... getting in a hurry and not doing the proper time in the heat and being treated correctly could cause this. I’m really hoping that’s the case and once the bad stock is gone (no way else for it to work, unfortunately folks gotta go through the bad ones to get rid of em) and then future batches will be properly manufactured. Hey a guy can hope right? :)
From what I saw in videos, the rear parts that break off seemed like they were cast and not machines gears. Does Arrma say either way? I think we need some machined gears.

I don't ?
Nothing wrong with the EXB arms..!!
Well you are one lucky guy. In my youtube videos all my jumps are unpredictable and the landings are all in different angles and areas I think I’m more like testing the arms I have to say my rpm arms on my Talion haven’t broke as fast as the EXB arms. I may need to find one little landing spot and make it all just boring and land in one spot maybe even on grass or something ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back