Kraton Kraton exb damaged outdrive cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk3000

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
Hey guys by chance anyone have any ideas as to why these outdrive cups keep getting damaged? I'm just trying to check and make sure it's not something I've done wrong. This is on the front btw. Maybe other Kraton owners have had this issue. Thanks👊

20210325_182716.jpg

20210325_182734.jpg

Remove the lower Pivot ball washers/ shims if they are there. And the pins will seat inboard more. May help.

But honestly, it looks like User error/ abuse, and/or a powerful drivetrain would cause this. (ESC/Motor). Look into M2C diff output drive cups. A bit more hardened. I run 6s and never had this type of wear on any of my 6s rigs. The normally wear out, but not mangled like yours.

It was me running it hard but I've noticed wear before the issue got this bad. And I'm running the 8s setup on 6s so it definitely is a power horse. I'll be ordering m2c most defensive over the arrma exb ones. Also turning punch down from 5 as well.

It was me running it hard but I've noticed wear before the issue got this bad. And I'm running the 8s setup on 6s so it definitely is a power horse. I'll be ordering m2c most defensive over the arrma exb ones. Also turning punch down from 5 as well.
It's your shafts trying to pop out that is making those chips. take both the top and bottom washers off on the ends of the a arms on both sides of the car. It will allow the shafts to seat further in the cups and stop that chiping. Rpm arms are common for this too. Just remove the washers and your good to go.

+1 looks like normal wear and tear to me as well, my exb is starting to show early signs of looking like that

Had the shafts pop out a couple of times which doesn't help

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back