Talion Talion exb outdrive cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grocery Ninja

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
Yesterday I got my brand new Talion exb delivered and on my first battery the outdrive cup broke. This is not my first rc car but it is my first at this level. I wasn't doing anything that was more than I've done with my Traxxas Summit. It's so much more powerful that frankly I was a little nervous. It was very frustrating to have it break immediately. I started a case with HH so hopefully they'll replace it quickly so I can be up and running again soon.

IMG_2932.jpeg

IMG_2930.jpeg

Did you pull it right out the box and run it.. seems like this is the case, did you adjust your droop correctly and set up you suspension accordingly!? 🤔
I did a little adjustment but since I wasn't planning on doing any hard bashing I didn't play with it much. I was maybe too excited. 😁 I loved driving it though and can't wait to get it all fixed and set up properly.

I did a little adjustment but since I wasn't planning on doing any hard bashing I didn't play with it much. I was maybe too excited. 😁 I loved driving it though and can't wait to get it all fixed and set up properly.
When you say little, does this mean you you pulled it out the box and just looked it over.. no big deal we all have done it, now you know there is a checklist to be performed before it's first run.. did you pull all 3 diffs and open them, did you open all 4 shocks up, did you adjust your droop at all and set up your suspension any, did you set your end points for steering, did you adjust/calibrate your tx/rx, also the esc has settings to check over.. these are just a few examples!

When you say little, does this mean you you pulled it out the box and just looked it over.. no big deal we all have done it, now you know there is a checklist to be performed before it's first run.. did you pull all 3 diffs and open them, did you open all 4 shocks up, did you adjust your droop at all and set up your suspension any, did you set your end points for steering, did you adjust/calibrate your tx/rx, also the esc has settings to check over.. these are just a few examples!
Good gosh! Your going to scare the poor guy off! :LOL: just reading that I need a nap!😖

I remember when I first got into this hobby, the cars barley made it out of the box without getting a battery put in and getting driven. Now they barely make it out of the box before I have it in 1,000 pieces fixing all the assembly mistakes from the factory.

I remember when I first got into this hobby, the cars barley made it out of the box without getting a battery put in and getting driven. Now they barely make it out of the box before I have it in 1,000 pieces fixing all the assembly mistakes from the factory.
Ready To Rebuild! So true!

I calibrated the esc and the front was drooping a little so I did a little adjustment to the shocks to get it off the ground. The end points were short if anything so I didn't mess with them. Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit silly to have to tear an almost $1000 machine apart in order to even use it? Would you tolerate that with your TV, phone or any other thing that's relatively high grade? I understand that wrenching is part of the fun but it isn't THE fun. Driving is THE fun. If this is the norm we as a group are tolerating too much mediocrity from Arrma.

I just bought a new Cadillac so I towed it home and completely disassembled it and built it correctly. Silly, but now I know I guess. It'll be about the same amount of time until I can drive it as if I had rebuilt it.

my outdrive cups have been on my talion EXB for eighteen months now and there totally worn out so must be just bad luck. your right you shouldn't have to strip the car when new but you no the things to check when you have been doing it for a long time. my talion EXB was really bad out of the box good job I did check it before the first run

my outdrive cups have been on my talion EXB for eighteen months now and there totally worn out so must be just bad luck. your right you shouldn't have to strip the car when new but you no the things to check when you have been doing it for a long time. my talion EXB was really bad out of the box good job I did check it before the first run
I'm a learn by doing person anyway and this is the price people like us pay. I have a warranty claim in and replacements on the way. In the meantime I'll go through it and fix what I find.

I calibrated the esc and the front was drooping a little so I did a little adjustment to the shocks to get it off the ground. The end points were short if anything so I didn't mess with them. Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit silly to have to tear an almost $1000 machine apart in order to even use it? Would you tolerate that with your TV, phone or any other thing that's relatively high grade? I understand that wrenching is part of the fun but it isn't THE fun. Driving is THE fun. If this is the norm we as a group are tolerating too much mediocrity from Arrma.

I think it is asinine that we should have to tear apart these things. The sad thing it isn't just Arrma every single brand new ready to run rc car I have ever bought I have had to fix something on it before I ran it.

Ecx Ruckus - shocks leaked inside the box.
HPI Firestorm 10T- Something in the transmission was messed up causing the output shaft to wobble.
Traxxas Summit - The truck was the wrong color, I ordered green, the invoice said green, the box said green, the damn thing was red!!!!!!!!! Suspension was setup by Ray Charles then qced by Stevie Wonder, front had toe in and positive camber, rear had toe out and positive camber as well.
Team Associated Apex - Body holes were out of alignment so the body sat cockeyed on the car, pinion was just barley in contact with the spur, gear mesh was too tight and missing a bearing and e-clip on the spool.
Arrma Outcast - Screws stripped everywhere, screw holes stripped everywhere, pillow balls cross threaded, 30* of toe out on the front left, 20* of toe out on the front right and the shock caps were thread locked on.
Tacon Valor MT - shocks had very little oil in them.
Arrma Typhon 3s - Similar situation as the Outcast with the front toe, front camber was also wrong, shocks leaked in the box, no thread lock on the stub axle screws, stripped screws and the fixed motor mount was made wrong causing the gear mesh to be so tight you could barely roll the car.
Arrma Senton 3s - Same exact issues as the Typhon.
WL Toys 144001 - Shocks were overfilled, diffs barely had any grease in them, all the screws going into metal were held in via permanent thread lock, motor mount was made wrong causing the gear mesh to be too tight and the caster block was broken when I pulled it out of the box.
Arrma Kraton 6s EXB - Diffs were a little low, satellite gear shims still had dangling chads from where the punch didn't get the little scraps out of the holes in the shims and the shock caps were thread locked on.
Arrma Fireteam 6s - https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/slicks-fireteam-6s-blx.58080/

We the end users should not have to deal with such pardon the language bullshit. It is absolutely ridiculous.

I think it is asinine that we should have to tear apart these things. The sad thing it isn't just Arrma every single brand new ready to run rc car I have ever bought I have had to fix something on it before I ran it.

Ecx Ruckus - shocks leaked inside the box.
HPI Firestorm 10T- Something in the transmission was messed up causing the output shaft to wobble.
Traxxas Summit - The truck was the wrong color, I ordered green, the invoice said green, the box said green, the damn thing was red!!!!!!!!! Suspension was setup by Ray Charles then qced by Stevie Wonder, front had toe in and positive camber, rear had toe out and positive camber as well.
Team Associated Apex - Body holes were out of alignment so the body sat cockeyed on the car, pinion was just barley in contact with the spur, gear mesh was too tight and missing a bearing and e-clip on the spool.
Arrma Outcast - Screws stripped everywhere, screw holes stripped everywhere, pillow balls cross threaded, 30* of toe out on the front left, 20* of toe out on the front right and the shock caps were thread locked on.
Tacon Valor MT - shocks had very little oil in them.
Arrma Typhon 3s - Similar situation as the Outcast with the front toe, front camber was also wrong, shocks leaked in the box, no thread lock on the stub axle screws, stripped screws and the fixed motor mount was made wrong causing the gear mesh to be so tight you could barely roll the car.
Arrma Senton 3s - Same exact issues as the Typhon.
WL Toys 144001 - Shocks were overfilled, diffs barely had any grease in them, all the screws going into metal were held in via permanent thread lock, motor mount was made wrong causing the gear mesh to be too tight and the caster block was broken when I pulled it out of the box.
Arrma Kraton 6s EXB - Diffs were a little low, satellite gear shims still had dangling chads from where the punch didn't get the little scraps out of the holes in the shims and the shock caps were thread locked on.
Arrma Fireteam 6s - https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/slicks-fireteam-6s-blx.58080/

We the end users should not have to deal with such pardon the language bullshit. It is absolutely ridiculous.
I'm trying to figure out why you haven't left the hobby yet.:LOL: that's ALOT of problems. Oh...fun fact....Ray Charles & Stevie wonder just bought hobby town on a joint venture. They themselves will be doing most repairs.

Stock up on outdrives…….I do.
these kraton v5 outdrives seem to have worn really quick don't no if its because my bearings were seized have a lot of wear for twenty ish packs :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back