Kraton Kraton Exb Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect. Soldering then can be a little tough.
DD52C026-5105-4144-9CC4-E0FE173691B4.jpeg

@BashingBrian has experience with these I believe

I certainly do, they are some of the toughest plugs to solder because of the size and heat they hold..!! make sure to plug them into each other whilst soldering..??

I never solder before so this should be fun!

If you have never soldered before I really wouldn't recommend starting with these..? but I'm all for people learning new stuff so my advice is YouTube/Google first and work out the best way that works for you..???

Price range? Per battery?
Maybe around $100 each per battery
I certainly do, they are some of the toughest plugs to solder because of the size and heat they hold..!! make sure to plug them into each other whilst soldering..??

If you have never soldered before I really wouldn't recommend starting with these..? but I'm all for people learning new stuff so my advice is YouTube/Google first and work out the best way that works for you..???
I do induction Brazing so I understand the concept, but never soldered. What type of flux do you use?

I do induction Brazing so I understand the concept, but never soldered. What type of flux do you use?
I use 60/40 leaded solder, sorry not sure what flux it is I've had it years, it's an old German tin written in German..? it's like clear brown grease ?

it's an old German tin written in German..? it's like clear brown grease ?
That’s good stuff. You can’t get it anymore. I have a tin I inherited from my father when he passed in 1995 it was very old then and I think it will out live me...

That’s good stuff. You can’t get it anymore. I have a tin I inherited from my father when he passed in 1995 it was very old then and I think it will out live me...
I think my tin is circa 1980 something..!! ? It's probably older than most of the members on here..???

Just ordered 2 True Spec Premium V2 22.2V-5000mAh-97 Amps/90C pack hardcase

Officially broke...?
I have one of those. It puffed up pretty bad in a 5 min bash in my EXB. ??‍♂️?

I never solder before so this should be fun!

I would definitely practice before doing it 'for real'. I have a PACE MBT SR-4 solder station for RC connector work and BashingBrian makes some good points about putting the plug with it's mate while soldering - the other pins serve as a bit of a heatsink and the plastic of the mating plug keeps the pins aligned in case you get things a little too hot and the plastic of the plug being soldered starts softening. You should also figure out a system to hold the plug in place while you solder (vice clamp or something similar).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back