Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will pass , Eric already has HR diff cases on his and a rear M2C brace , haha enuff said ?
On a normal V4, that crash wouldn’t have simply been a diff case and chassis brace. Which by the way I’m not even sure the rear chassis brace broke... it just sheered off a screw inside the brace he can’t get out. I cant imagine the carnage of that in a non exb version. Yikes.
I thought I saw HR cases on that! I believe his explanation of the replacement brace, though....I mean nothing is going to be 100% indestructible.

Now, in my case, Im possibly looking for a second Kraton....the EBR makes a whole lot more sense than a new V4. And no offense to those selling, it makes more sense than buying a used V3 or V4 at this point, unless they are upgraded to the moon.
100% agreed. The EXB is gonna be epic.
Off topic: Can anyone confirm release date to the public?
I cant wait to get mine either! Wish there was more Info than “shipping in early July” thats all I see in the horizon website. LHS don’t know anything either..

I will pass , Eric already has HR diff cases on his and a rear M2C brace , haha enuff said ?
Who honestly sends their rigs like him, not many. Bad landing like that anything can break. EXB may not be 100% bulletproof but it's tougher than anything previous. Let's give it some time and see where the dust settles!

Can someone confirm the hobbywing 4985 motor will fit without modifications? I saw a video where they had to add a shim under the motor mount but I’ve seen a lot of people recommend the max 6 combo. Thank you. I pre ordered the Kraton so I’m trying to figure out some motor options

Can someone confirm the hobbywing 4985 motor will fit without modifications? I saw a video where they had to add a shim under the motor mount but I’ve seen a lot of people recommend the max 6 combo. Thank you. I pre ordered the Kraton so I’m trying to figure out some motor options
It’ll fit the v4 mount. ??

Thanks both of you. That’s what I was thinking. The video I saw I thought was a v3 but I didn’t really know. Man I’m excited to get this rig. Kinda sucks everything is sold out electronics wise lol.

I keep seeing “the EXB” being said. You all know that there’s EXB parts for every 6S model, off-road and on-road right? I’m going to be upgrading!
The diffs are exciting for sure as well as the heavy arms. I was pricing out some things for my oc and typhon. I really like the 3mm 7075 chassis for those models or the light weight m2c. The m2c 3.25mm with the milled cutouts is 30$ more. The exb towers vary but for the most part the same price as m2c. Lighter and thinner though, so for the gram counter maybe exb. m2c steering rack is cheaper. Exb chassis braces are much cheaper. Exb suspension mounting should be cheaper too but did not go over every piece. We’ll see what the kit breakers sellthis stuff for, some stuff m2c might still be best budget wise and has been proven. If they sell more exb models, buying the whole thing is the way to go and sell your used model as a roller...

After some more experience with my son's heavily modded V3, I have to say it looks like Arrma really did hit all the right spots with the extreme. His already has the thicker M2C chassis and braces, voltage shock towers, HR diff cases, aluminum diff cups, aluminum servo mount, RPM a-arms, etc.

So its quite similar to whats coming out of the box on the extreme. Ive watched him put it through some pretty rough driving (not jumping, just learning how to handle 6S) and its damn tough. I would imagine the EXB out of the box would be perfect for someone who already has some 6s driving experience....it should hold up well to the occasional "landed short" kinda thing.

Also after some experience with my son's, Im very interested in dumping my nitro Savage and getting a Kraton. In that case, the EXB is perfect. Yeah I need to get electrics but not too worried about that. The RTR radio is poop anyway so thats a wash. Im not interested in all out monster torque or speed, might even be able to get away with stock motor and ESC from Jennys or Ebay or something.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Jason Dearden? And what do you imagine he's hinting at here?

Not sure who he is, but to me it looks like they are going to beef up the 4S versions (Kraton has a 4S and 6S....currently the 4s is a bit watered down, like plastic driveshafts, etc....built more for using a 4s size battery than a 6s)

Even our Kraton 6S on 6S is pretty insane....don't have a 4S battery to try but I think it could be the sweet spot for just bashing around the yard. Fast but not insane fast to get into too much trouble.

Pulled the trigger on the EXB roller and slowly pulling together parts for it. Picked up a servo and I’m going to start with the standard BLX 2050 motor which I found for forty-ish bucks from one of the kit breakers. Probably going with the Max6 ESC and call it good for awhile.

Pulled the trigger on the EXB roller and slowly pulling together parts for it. Picked up a servo and I’m going to start with the standard BLX 2050 motor which I found for forty-ish bucks from one of the kit breakers. Probably going with the Max6 ESC and call it good for awhile.

Thats what I was thinking. I don't need insanity, just want something to have fun with.

Me too. :D
Already ordered a RPM Skidplate for it.
The rest it will get from my V4 Kraton (don't have the Money to buy additional stuff now, so the V4 is gonna stand some time before it get's turned into a Truggy or SWB Truggy :rolleyes:).
But I think what I have on my V4 is a good way to start:
- BLX185 Combo with 13 tooth pinion
- Motor fan with fan shroud
- Corally CS-5226 Servo
- Tactic TTX300
- Wheelie Bar
- Ball bearings for the Steering
- M3 Diffmount V4
- M2C Chassis Braces (the stock stuff may be good, but I think milled 7075 parts are better, and I have them)
- GKA Servo Mount (the stock stuff may be good, but I prefer the one piece design, and I already have it)

Me too. :D
Already ordered a RPM Skidplate for it.
The rest it will get from my V4 Kraton (don't have the Money to buy additional stuff now, so the V4 is gonna stand some time before it get's turned into a Truggy or SWB Truggy :rolleyes:).
But I think what I have on my V4 is a good way to start:
- BLX185 Combo with 13 tooth pinion
- Motor fan with fan shroud
- Corally CS-5226 Servo
- Tactic TTX300
- Wheelie Bar
- Ball bearings for the Steering
- M3 Diffmount V4
- M2C Chassis Braces (the stock stuff may be good, but I think milled 7075 parts are better, and I have them)
- GKA Servo Mount (the stock stuff may be good, but I prefer the one piece design, and I already have it)

Thats a lot of upgradin :)

Maybe just hang back and buy a used V4 since people seem to be dumping them quickly!

I'm buying one. There will be videos.
Really looking forward to seeing your exb videos soon as...
I find your videos brilliantly informative & helpful!. In fact i chose the flysky gt5 (& learnt how to get the best out of it) solely from your videos on that so big thanks @razorrc & please get those exb vids out asap! ?

Thats a lot of upgradin :)

Maybe just hang back and buy a used V4 since people seem to be dumping them quickly!
I think you understood that wrong.
I already have all of those upgrades and electronics (except the RPM skid plate) on my V4, but I will put everything in the EXB as soon as it arrives as it is going to be my Go To Basher.
My V4 will then wait some time until I've got money to rebuild it into something else, like for example a SWB Truggy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back