Kraton vs Talion vs Typhon (Going in circles!)

Kraton vs Talion vs Typhon

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT58

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon TLR
  6. Vendetta
I've posted this question in a few threads recently and have gotten some great feedback (thank you!!) but there was no clear winner and I'm still on the fence about which 6S Arrma to pick up next. I seem to change my mind every few hours.

I'm looking for something that will be a nice offset to my only current RC truck: Notorious. I don't have access to any RC or BMX tracks so I've mostly been playing in fields and parking lots. There's a couple skate parks around too but that's why my Notorious is currently on a time out...

I want something better suited for handling on pavement and other hard surfaces but I don't want a dedicated on-road vehicle. I'd still like to be able to run it in low grass, dirt or gravel at times. I think in this category I rank them: Typhon, Talion, Kraton

Durability is a big factor since I'm just getting back into RC and still drive like a drunk toddler. Anything I get will likely have Tbone or other bumpers/braces added. I think the center body brace in the Kraton is a huge plus. I worry about the exposed shock towers on the Typhon. Here I rank them: Kraton, Talion, Typhon

Interchangeable parts with my Notorious is a nice thing too but not required. Most in common to least in common: Kraton, Talion, Typhon

Looks: I think the Talion has the meanest look. I like how low it sits and love the rims/tires. Kraton comes in next but I don't love it like I do the Notorious body. I'm pretty meh on the looks of buggies so Typhon comes in last here.

Price: There's something to be said for the Typhon being $50 cheaper. Haven't even begun to start tallying the upgrade cost for each vehicle.

I vote Talion. Gives you a bit of everything.
This morning didn't start with the Talion at the top of the list but it inched up there by the time I hit "Post" on the thread. A bit of everything and the one I like the look of the most.

Kraton was at the top before I wrote the post with durability being the number 1 factor.

Typhon.

I would normally answer something about anyone without a Kraton should get a Kraton, but the Noutcast is pretty close... Typhon is great when the surface allows it to stretch it's legs. Not as good on rough ground as a Kraton, but you have the Noutcast for that.

Talion - I just don't get the current upgrade, other than the looks... Won't be as good on the fast flats at the Typhon, and won't bash as well as a Kraton. Add Kraton/Outcast style tires to it and it is gets better, but loses the nimbleness advantage it had. Add Truggy tires to a Kraton, and it should kill the Talion at the track, due to the short shocks on the Talion...

My .02

I've posted this question in a few threads recently and have gotten some great feedback (thank you!!) but there was no clear winner and I'm still on the fence about which 6S Arrma to pick up next. I seem to change my mind every few hours.

I'm looking for something that will be a nice offset to my only current RC truck: Notorious. I don't have access to any RC or BMX tracks so I've mostly been playing in fields and parking lots. There's a couple skate parks around too but that's why my Notorious is currently on a time out...

I want something better suited for handling on pavement and other hard surfaces but I don't want a dedicated on-road vehicle. I'd still like to be able to run it in low grass, dirt or gravel at times. I think in this category I rank them: Typhon, Talion, Kraton

Durability is a big factor since I'm just getting back into RC and still drive like a drunk toddler. Anything I get will likely have Tbone or other bumpers/braces added. I think the center body brace in the Kraton is a huge plus. I worry about the exposed shock towers on the Typhon. Here I rank them: Kraton, Talion, Typhon

Interchangeable parts with my Notorious is a nice thing too but not required. Most in common to least in common: Kraton, Talion, Typhon

Looks: I think the Talion has the meanest look. I like how low it sits and love the rims/tires. Kraton comes in next but I don't love it like I do the Notorious body. I'm pretty meh on the looks of buggies so Typhon comes in last here.

Price: There's something to be said for the Typhon being $50 cheaper. Haven't even begun to start tallying the upgrade cost for each vehicle.

Talion has a longer chassis, wider stance and better diff gearing. It is also designed to sling 3.8 wheels which between that and the gearing you will hit higher top speeds. If you decide you want a build for speed runs...it will offer you a platform to load up a 110mm length can w/ mods like a stretch chassis on the Typhon.

My vote is for the Typhon and then with the money you save head over to Jennys rc and buy the rear driveshaft, rear chassis brace and chassis from the Kraton. Then you can have your Notorious that you already have, the Typhon and with minimal swap time from the Notorious, you can have a Kraton as well.

I also agree with @Jerry-rigged that if you didn't already have the Notorious I would suggest the Kraton, but it is so similar and easy to swap between the two with 3 parts that I wouldn't recommend it in this case.

I voted Talion.
You’ve said a couple of times that your driving isn’t the best (like mine, lol). It’s very easy to drive on hard surfaces (and off road as well) with the stock Katar wheels/tyres.

Doesn't changing out the chassis involve changing out pretty much everything in the process?

Doesn't changing out the chassis involve changing out pretty much everything in the process?
You would have to unbolt everything from the chassis and install it on the new chassis, but between the Outcast/Notorious and the Kraton, the chassis, rear center driveshaft and rear chassis brace are the only parts that are different. So you unbolt the stuff from the chassis and bolt it onto the new chassis.

You would have to unbolt everything from the chassis and install it on the new chassis, but between the Outcast/Notorious and the Kraton, the chassis, rear center driveshaft and rear chassis brace are the only parts that are different. So you unbolt the stuff from the chassis and bolt it onto the new chassis.
Cool idea and I certainly appreciate the input but I'm not likely to swap out much more than tires aside from upgrades or repairs.

Cool idea and I certainly appreciate the input but I'm not likely to swap out much more than tires aside from upgrades or repairs.
I was just giving my opinion and letting you know that if you REALLY wanted a Kraton that you could convert your Notorious into a Kraton for about $55.

After reading you’re post, I believe the Talion would be the correct choice for you. However, the Kraton is my top pick, by far, for me. The Typhon is my least desirable RC as of now, but it is also my newest one.
Arrma has so many beauty's it’s hard to pick...... I’m also going between a Senton 6s or Talion for my next too.

Last edited:
Talion gives you the best all-around options. Off-road, on-road, speed runs, bashing, can race it at the track in the 1/8 truggy class, etc.
Will also give you the best handling out of the three.

Depends on what kind of handling you are looking for... For on road, maybe, but off-road, the short shock will be a negative for bumpy track tuning. For Club level racing, it will be workable, but the long shock Kraton would better...

If you really wanted a Club racer, a V2 Talion would be the best - same long shocks as Kraton, but with the narrow hubs and smaller wing to make it properly legal for ROAR truggy.

I am in same dilemma ? Buy the 2019 Typhoon or 2019 Talion? Since Talion is $70 more it must be better? I am leaning towards Talion.

I am in same dilemma ? Buy the 2019 Typhoon or 2019 Talion? Since Talion is $70 more it must be better? I am leaning towards Talion.

What are you going to be doing with the car ?
I’d take my Talion over my Typhon every time.

Back