kv range Firma 150A?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I found a message saying the MAX8 could work with the 1650kv, and I checked the specs (correct connectors and kv range, so yeah).
The ARRMA 150A ESC is a lot like the MAX8, so I wonderd if it could be compatible with that motor to. I found the spec sheet, and there isn't a kv range anywhere, so, there's my question: what's the kv-range of the firma 150A?

You would be hard pressed to find any real specs on these Firma ESC's. Spektrum Firma is basic budget stuff overrated only because of it's "Smart" feature????? Lures many into these ESC's. Or have them by default in their RTR's. This is just my opinion.🤷‍♂️ Others may flame me or disagree.

In fact who actually makes the Firma ESC's is a Spektrum trade secret between the OEM and them. HW and Firma will quote this. We can assume the OEM is in fact HW. But I never like to assume...
The older "Arrma BLX 185" (150amp) ESC was a HW product for sure. HW was stamped on the case discreetly, etc. Many called it a watered down budget Max 8 also.

I think your 1650kv motor will run just fine. Gear it appropriately, watch temps and motor fans. Above all with this Firma ESC make sure you set "Timing to 0% at first. DEFAULT is 15%. drop it to Zero %. What I would do. 👍 The Default 15% might be kind of high initially and burn up that motor without being cautious here.
FWIW, Running 6s (25.2 v full charge) would make 1650KV run at 41,580 RPM's. In the proper motor's range. So you should be ok.
Again, watch Timing, gearing and temps. And NEED a good motor fan if you don't have one.

Others may chime in with their ideas. Good luck
:cool:

Tnx! I (sadly) don't have an ARRMA yet, as it would save me almost $200 by waiting a season, but I've heard many people have heat issues with the stock electronics, and I'm bored, so why not ask things I might need to know?

I'm used to people putting these kind of 6s systems in 1:10 SCTs, so I see the 1:8 systems as the 'ultimate cool powerhaus', but in these way heavier RCs that obviously isn't the case, wich makes me assume the stock electronics in an ARRMA 6s run about as 'cool' as stock electronics in a 1:10 SCT (HOT)

Another question (so I don't make another thread):
Assuming the stock motor gets too hot, should I go for a good cooler, or spend way more for the motor?

Gear down or drop you KVs in general makes for a cooler setup. Gearing down is easy. $Buying$ another motor is not. That makes for a cooler setup. Of course Fans are a must have in any rig, Period. A given.
Like you stated above guys put 1/8 esc's in lighter 1/10 rigs. Yest that makes for more efficient and cooler power in those rigs. Many guys run 8s ESC's in 6s rigs. Same rule applies. But it usually has to do with wieght , gearing , fans. Its a dynamic balance of all componenets.
Sometimes I even run my 6S rigs on 4s and it. I can gear taller and gain similar 6s speeds with only 4s ( a lighter Lipo to boot). It actually drives much tamer and controllable. I get much fun with 4s. ESC Runs nice and cool as well as the motor.

You always volt up, gear down and vice versa. The Rule.

Back