Kyosho models, does anybody have any?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230818_111123_resized.jpg

My Yokomo, 1990
20230818_111132_resized.jpg

My 1st RC was an RC10.Then a Fox, Black Foot. Clod Buster. Even built a front wheel drive. Junk. :ROFLMAO: Liked the Midnight Pumpkin. Did wheelies.
Back then you had to build them. :cool:
I did this model, maybe in 1990 Won many races. 4 1/2 Minute races, back then. I built it during my work hours. Ha. USAF. Gotta love it. 🇺🇲 :ROFLMAO:🇺🇲🏁

Last edited:
Those old models always look so cool, i think they will stand the test of time. got a bunch of tamiya models just to build and look at also

View attachment 317783
My Yokomo, 1990
View attachment 317784
My 1st RC was an RC10.Then a Fox, Black Foot. Clod Buster. Even built a front wheel drive. Junk. :ROFLMAO: Liked the Midnight Pumpkin. Did wheelies.
Back then you had to build them. :cool:
I did this model, maybe in 1990 Won many races. 4 1/2 Minute races, back then. I built it during my work hours. Ha. USAF. Gotta love it. 🇺🇲 :ROFLMAO:🇺🇲🏁
I miss those days. But now I have better. (y)
Now I want a Limitless. Not sure if its worth it? :cool: Big $ but fun. We will see.
Those old models always look so cool, i think they will stand the test of time. got a bunch of tamiya models just to build and look at also
I spent so much time building my models, That I forgot how much time I spent on them. Was so fun just doing it.
With that said I spent months building some of my rigs. (y) At buy age, I like them RTR. I have done both.

Last edited:
Limitless is an awsome car! Love mine and get the shackes everytime I go to use it! I geared it for top speed and was missing the bashing... so I got a felony to have it just for the looks and of course burnouts and drifting. Drifting on plastic tires is just cheating! Lol

I keep building kits to be shelf queens. It’s an obsession. I paint them like box art, and display them in my living room. I have another Optima Mid kit, that I’m going to build to be a Turbo Optima Mid, a Turbo Optima gold edition kit, I have to finish my Sand Scorcher, a Schumacher Cougar classic, as well as a few Tamiya touring cars.
IMG_2779.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

I'm so happy I'm not the only one bitten by the vintage bug. It's gotten me working on my old rigs seeing what they need to be ready for the coming snow. Even got a blizzard 2.0 still under construction with a twin brushless and new gearbox set up. Of course the predecessor to the usa 1, mad crusher with nitro engine, three speed and of course the chain drive. These old school models work well, handle poorly, but are endless fun!

20230818_163349.jpg

20230818_163358.jpg

20230818_163406.jpg

20230818_163419.jpg

20230818_163438.jpg

20230818_163507.jpg

Last edited:
Those rigs are really nice. Love tracks.
View attachment 317862
Really nice in the snow.
Oh no, is that the dreaded "t" word I was warned about??? Or was it something else, personally I have most kinds of rc's, I'm just not sure about this t word I was warned about. Lol
I put a set of tracks on my blazer trx-4 also. I've got at least 6 options for wheels for that truck, most my others only have the tires that are on it???

I was eyeballing the nitro USA1 because I'm tired of the boring electrics, but I don't have the motivation to buy it. Maybe if I got to drive one.

Where do we get parts here in the US?

I was eyeballing the nitro USA1 because I'm tired of the boring electrics, but I don't have the motivation to buy it. Maybe if I got to drive one.

Amain carries Kyosho.

Nice truck, simple design and easy to learn how and become an expert, different from almost any other rc in its design so it's a nice piece for any collection. More fragile and not the greatest at handling, but it is still very fun. There is kyosho usa on the net, not impossible to get parts just alot of shops don't keep stock, the big ones do. In Canada I've found stock at eliminator rc, they ship fast. If your in the USA your good with a main, in Canada it takes longer to get stuff from the USA than Europe and China??? Stupid customs!

I wanted an original USA-1 when I was a kid also, but sadly never got it. But, now I have the new version and love the way it drives and looks. I only run it on 2S though lol.

View attachment 317981

View attachment 317982
Nice truck! Wow only 2s, no problem the truth is your truck will like that and repay you with a long life and good looks. I just always want to see what more could be like, had the 6s system kicking around from my limitless, did 85mph in that! The 4s stock set up for the usa 1 is actually fine, I could just manage wot once and a while if I got it right. Now 6s is way to much, but that's fine for me. Lol

Limitless is an awsome car! Love mine and get the shackes everytime I go to use it! I geared it for top speed and was missing the bashing... so I got a felony to have it just for the looks and of course burnouts and drifting. Drifting on plastic tires is just cheating! Lol
So I have a Felony. I love it. Fast, and looks good on my shelf. Was thinking of getting a Limitless. Witch one do you like better. Should I look into the limitless? Or is it not a good RC? Thanks, Mike.

Nice truck! Wow only 2s, no problem the truth is your truck will like that and repay you with a long life and good looks. I just always want to see what more could be like, had the 6s system kicking around from my limitless, did 85mph in that! The 4s stock set up for the usa 1 is actually fine, I could just manage wot once and a while if I got it right. Now 6s is way to much, but that's fine for me. Lol
Mine's not as nice as yours, but thanks. I ran it on 4S once and although it was fun, It felt too much for the stock suspension setup. Most of my trucks aren't abused or bashed very hard, I like to keep them in good condition. My Nero Big Rocks are only ever ran on 4S LOL.

Limitless is fantastic imo, most world record speed runs start with that model, but they do change out a bunch of things for over 150mph. I couldn't stop myself from getting both cause they can be set up soo many ways but then are best suited for that set up...speed runs OR bashing
Mine's not as nice as yours, but thanks. I ran it on 4S once and although it was fun, It felt too much for the stock suspension setup. Most of my trucks aren't abused or bashed very hard, I like to keep them in good condition. My Nero Big Rocks are only ever ran on 4S LOL.
Oh boy the famous nero, the truck that has a dark story, almost got one, but then tragity struck he company cause of it. Got to love our justice system...or hate it. Lol

Used to race the Ultima back in the 90's. Only one I have now is a Fazer Mkll with the GTO body. It's a shelf queen cause it looks to nice to mess up.
What year GTO body? Any pics ?
Yea, it was almost uncontrollable. I only do this on trucks (or in this case vans) that I love. I dare not add up how much I spent on upgrades for a $270 van lol. I didn’t even mention the hardened gears, or the yellow body I got to bash with. That way my red one stays pristine for the shelf. These mad vans really get under your skin. I highly recommend buying one. So much fun.
I'll look for one
, I love vans and I already have electronics looking for a home.

Kyoshos are nice, mainly their 1/8 and 1/10 race cars. Not so much a fan of their bashers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back