Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80-140mph, alright… i have some purples on my 150mph typhon, maybe i take those off and put XX pinks on that build, purples on limitless

Just caught this earlier...

Ouch!

Needs a bit of downforce at the front of the body...

Yeah I warned him of that. It needs a large front splitter and the rear needs to be set much higher.
He didn't listen....

Frustrated Gecko GIF

It appeared to have a large front splitter. Should it have went past the nose by an inch or 2? And the rear spoiler going across should that have had a slight lip or been on an angle? ( I don't speed run)

It appeared to have a large front splitter. Should it have went past the nose by an inch or 2? And the rear spoiler going across should that have had a slight lip or been on an angle? ( I don't speed run)

I would leave the rear alone as he has a lot of surface area in the rear already creating a lever type action of downforce on the rear.

For the front I am imagining something like this. Those side aluminum parts make a big contribution to the downforce.

1646665566842.png

You will notice the Ford FC100 body has this built in already:

1646665668613.png

It would either be that or adding canards. No harm in doing both initially and then could try removing the canards later.

1646666053477.png

Something more in tune to these perhaps?
Yep something like that would do.
But again he has been using the carbon body as a way to get more views. I don't think he is really invested in making a good effort to make it work correctly.

And I thought that would be the body to go 203+. I guess views out weighed the cost of that body. What a shame and a waste. Like some of Kevin Talbot's videos I can't watch when he destroys something for views. I value how hard it is to earn money.

I would leave the rear alone as he has a lot of surface area in the rear already creating a lever type action of downforce on the rear.

For the front I am imagining something like this. Those side aluminum parts make a big contribution to the downforce.

View attachment 204896

You will notice the Ford FC100 body has this built in already:

View attachment 204897

It would either be that or adding canards. No harm in doing both initially and then could try removing the canards later.

View attachment 204899
Just extending the front splitter should do the trick. Take note that all these DTM-ish car examples all have frontal cooling inlets, not saying canards won't help but a different application. These are circuit opmized cars, not speed/aero optimized.

Like some of Kevin Talbot's videos I can't watch when he destroys something for views. I value how hard it is to earn money.
One of his latest, with his longest RC car was really horrible. The idea is good, but to ruin 3 brand new 1/5 cars the way he did...

Just extending the front splitter should do the trick. Take note that all these DTM-ish car examples all have frontal cooling inlets, not saying canards won't help but a different application. These are circuit opmized cars, not speed/aero optimized.

One of his latest, with his longest RC car was really horrible. The idea is good, but to ruin 3 brand new 1/5 cars the way he did...

I agree. An extended splitter that does not flex and adding some more rake to the stance should be all it needs.
I can tell that splitter he made was the ultra cheap carbon fiber.

I agree. An extended splitter that does not flex and adding some more rake to the stance should be all it needs.
I can tell that splitter he made was the ultra cheap carbon fiber.
I'd say didnt have a 'spitter' at all, he only filled up the botom gap.

"For splitter, a general guideline is to be 2x longer than the ground clearance to be effective. So if the bumper is 1 cm off the ground, the splitter needs to stick out 2 cm."

I agree with the canards idea, that might have been enough to keep the front down.. There was barely any splitter protruding out past the front of the body, that looked suspicious to me the minute I saw it. He had made a huge carbon piece to cover the gap to the wheels on the inside, but I think the splitter itself was way too small.. considering that without a "cockpit" bubble on the body its not going to have much to produce downforce off of, if that makes sense

I agree with the canards idea, that might have been enough to keep the front down.. There was barely any splitter protruding out past the front of the body, that looked suspicious to me the minute I saw it. He had made a huge carbon piece to cover the gap to the wheels on the inside, but I think the splitter itself was way too small.. considering that without a "cockpit" bubble on the body its not going to have much to produce downforce off of, if that makes sense

I am not a believer in the cockpit causing downforce, but that is for another discussion.
A friend in FL has this same body and with a longer splitter (as I provide it with) and more rake in the rear his drives just fine in the 157-160 mph range. No flipping.

For reference this picture is the body when he received it months ago. The picture he took of it on his kitchen table. Notice the splitter length I provided built into the body? He cut it off nearly.

We talked this morning and he said "I only now realize it was a mistake cutting the built in splitter" "stupid mistake"
1646844086255.png

Last edited:
I'd say didnt have a 'spitter' at all, he only filled up the botom gap.

"For splitter, a general guideline is to be 2x longer than the ground clearance to be effective. So if the bumper is 1 cm off the ground, the splitter needs to stick out 2 cm."
Thank you for this post I did not know this before . Every days a school day even at 53 years of age (y):)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back