Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some decent progress today with the body.
Got some high contrast color in the body to help with visibility. It's just rattle can white primer with florescent yellow on the back half. I had just color sanded it and rinsed with water. Hopefully when I apply the clear coat it will looks close to this slick/Shiney.

Side note it totally looks like a Orca 🐋 on the front nose 😆
View attachment 201324
Oh wow! Love how it’s turning out!

@LibertyMKiii It took me a second to realize you don't really have a grass wall in your backyard! :unsure::banghead::ROFLMAO:
That body is looking killer....yeah I said it....killer whale killer! :love:

Now that I think about it, you should name this the "orca series" of bodies....marketing is important.

@LibertyMKiii It took me a second to realize you don't really have a grass wall in your backyard! :unsure::banghead::ROFLMAO:

Now that I think about it, you should name this the "orca series" of bodies....marketing is important.
I was like …

1645373838334.gif

Huh, how about that? I just thought you had a really cool brick walkway and very strange house.

Some decent progress today with the body.
Got some high contrast color in the body to help with visibility. It's just rattle can white primer with florescent yellow on the back half. I had just color sanded it and rinsed with water. Hopefully when I apply the clear coat it will looks close to this slick/Shiney.

Side note it totally looks like a Orca 🐋 on the front nose 😆
View attachment 201324

While I do like the exposed carbon fiber, your bodies have such nice lines and it looks incredible painted.

This may be old news, but it was the first I had seen it.
Michael's RC hobbies offers a BSR 1/8 foam that is already trued down. This is noted in the model number having a "LP" standing for low profile.

1645631470979.png

1645631501279.png

I talked with one of the guys there at the RC shop and confirmed he would send them in a box instead of a soft padded mailer and ordered a 4 wheel set plus 2 spares in the purple compound.

Michael's RC hobbies offers a BSR 1/8 foam that is already trued down. This is noted in the model number having a "LP" standing for low profile.

View attachment 202212

View attachment 202213

I talked with one of the guys there at the RC shop and confirmed he would send them in a box instead of a soft padded mailer and ordered a 4 wheel set plus 2 spares in the purple compound.
Michaels is my nearest hobby shop inside Altamonte Springs mall. I don't go there often. Their to busy with Internet orders to get good help at the counter.

Last edited:
Michaels is my nearest hobby shop inside Altamonte Springs mall. I don't go there often. There to busy with Internet orders to good help at the counter.
Most of the local places are closing up 1 by 1. Internet sales is a necessary evil these days to keep the doors open and the lights on.
None of my local shops carry parts like these so in some ways you can consider yourself lucky...

Fingers crossed. That is a lot more components that could go wrong.
Remember he has 4 pinions which are about 1/2 their normal size (machined down) trying to turn one regular sized spur with only around 30-40% of each gear meshed. I have concerns ;)_

View attachment 200243
You want it to blow?

View attachment 202212

View attachment 202213

You got the link, cant find it On the website
Also, how fast did you go?

You seem to have posted your video a day into the future????
Once reach 8.8 mph it jumps into the future :)
Nice! Do you know what is up with Raz? he hasn't posted in 10 days.

Edit: that is one expensive long bord.
I messaged him Sunday. He said he should be running the carbon body in a few days.
You want it to blow?

You got the link, cant find it On the website
Also, how fast did you go?

No I don't want Raz's car to blow but I worry that it will due to a poorly engineered setup.

I don't see the purple LP on his site either. Maybe he pulls them off when out of stock?
This is the XX Pink which is one step down in shore hardness
https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/bsrc8018-lp-18-double-pink-low-profile-mounted-gt.html

I think it may have reached 8 mph.

That's a bit shy on your goal;). Any plans yet on when you want to try a full pull?

I need to finish the front axle, battery tie downs, looking at having my machine shop make the upper and lower chassis more accurately than what I put together. Probably not till early summer...

Also need to figure out the body mounting and make a rear rail that houses the antenna.

Last edited:
Getting closer, do you think 202 will still be the record when you do a full pull?

But will someone already have broken the record?
And can we get a pic with the shell on?

Once reach 8.8 mph it jumps into the future :)

I messaged him Sunday. He said he should be running the carbon body in a few days.

No I don't want Raz's car to blow but I worry that it will due to a poorly engineered setup.

I don't see the purple LP on his site either. Maybe he pulls them off when out of stock?
This is the XX Pink which is one step down in shore hardness
https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/bsrc8018-lp-18-double-pink-low-profile-mounted-gt.html

I think it may have reached 8 mph.
Question - will XX pink LP be better then normal purple?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back