Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most vehicles that are wheel driven use a solid wheel/tire that is bonded, but it is not rubber (too heavy) it is some kind of silicone.
Good to know, solid rubber is heavy, that explains it!
TURBINATOR II the fastest wheel driven car used "Tires Mickey Thompson 24.5 x 7.50-16 Spl. Bonneville"
I can't any more info on them, so if you could that would be great.
I will use silicone in my experiments this summer, I have put some on tires before and it comes right off, they would be one and done tires but that is all we got now anyways with foams after 180mph.

Do you know how much time and money went into the development of those tires! It was astronomical, I have a 430hp 290lbs bike, with almost half the frontal area of a stock H2, bike is capable of over 250mph with perfect conditions. Problem is tire development. Our tires are rated to 180mph, we shave them, fill them with nitrogen, over fill them for less rolling resistance. Everyone that has gone over 300mph on a sit down bike has passed away. Bugatti tires cost over $25,000 per tire, they have high silicone content.

The only problem that comes to mind is how to test the tires for 200mph without going 200mph I will have to spin them but will also have to know what amount of force is on the wheel/tire at 200mph.
I've got an idea to test this but it's still a long way off but combining a rolling road and a wind generator is the goal.

Me and @LibertyMKiii asked the same question "What will that "better tire" look like" I am not going to share what we came up with, but we have some ideas. I hope I will be able to run some experiments this summer or fall since I have a foam manufacture just up the road with a walk-in office.
There are many solutions that we have talked about and I really what to try them.
polyurethane is a material I'm really curious to try here.

polyurethane as a plastic or foam?
Plastic. Something a bit like this
1675025084563.png

With the material giving you less grip I think you need to slightly compensate with some sort of tread.
You'd also go super thin.
With the shore rating system you could probably fine tune it exactly how you want.

Plastic. Something a bit like this
View attachment 273992
With the material giving you less grip I think you need to slightly compensate with some sort of tread.
You'd also go super thin.
With the shore rating system you could probably fine tune it exactly how you want.
I like how you are thinking.

I am slowly putting this car back together to be tested in a 2wd configuration.
Planning to start out on 2s and 3s.

Hopefully, the car drives well. If so I can then look at adding the front belt and working on the 4wd setup.

The weather is close to turning warm, and I have made my preparations!!!!

1678819747047.png

I am slowly putting this car back together to be tested in a 2wd configuration.
Planning to start out on 2s and 3s.

Hopefully, the car drives well. If so I can then look at adding the front belt and working on the 4wd setup.

The weather is close to turning warm, and I have made my preparations!!!!

View attachment 285363

Are Those ALL Brand New battery packs!!?

Are Those ALL Brand New battery packs!!?

The 8,000's on the back row I have had for a few months that I have been running 4s with the Hobao. The rest are new ;)
I do have a new 8k Mccoy pack on the way.

Which reminds me I need to order more solder. I used it all doing all these connectors 😩

The 8,000's on the back row I have had for a few months that I have been running 4s with the Hobao. The rest are new ;)
I do have a new 8k Mccoy pack on the way.

Which reminds me I need to order more solder. I used it all doing all these connectors 😩

You need to borrow my roll of solder again..?
😉

Look what has made it's way back into the light. Full workbench focus.
I'll be getting this car ready to run in rear-wheel drive (2wd) configuration.

Ran the servo wire and extension through the battery tray area.

1678994311897.png

Look what has made it's way back into the light. Full workbench focus.
I'll be getting this car ready to run in rear-wheel drive (2wd) configuration.

Ran the servo wire and extension through the battery tray area.

View attachment 285819

Countdown.. 3, 2, 1
Smoke Explosion GIF by ESA Webb Space Telescope

Sharing one method I use for how to map out where all the holes go. I'll take this template and transfer to carbon fiber:

IMG20230316202849.jpg

Also looking at the possibility of adding cannards on the front. Not entirely sure they are needed but just as some insurance against blow overs:

IMG20230316205807.jpg

CF propellers from Amazon at a crazy good price rather reinventing the wheel:

IMG20230316205818.jpg

@LibertyMKiii

Which 1.1 cars are you getting back into:unsure:(y)
I am debating between 2 options.

1. Is reliving my glory days and getting back into a car I have owned before (I have owned 3 Nissan 240sx)
Plan would be track day car with LS swap basic 400 hp setup.
This was my last one:
1679072074129.png

2. Lexus SC300 from the 93-95 ERA.
Remove all the body pannels and make my own body. Possibly leave it a 2JZ turbo setup or LS swap.

A bonus option is that my wife likes white BMWs and she wants my car to be a 4dr since we have kids. So I could get an M3 with the DCT trans.

Last edited:
I am debating between 2 options.

1. Is reliving my glory days and getting back into a car I have owned before (I have owned 3 Nissan 240sx)
Plan would be track day car with LS swap basic 400 hp setup.
This was my last one:
View attachment 286122

2. Lexus SC300 from the 93-95 ERA.
Remove all the body pannels and make my own body. Possibly leave it a 2JZ turbo setup or LS swap.

A bonus option is that my wife likes white BMWs and she wants my car to be a 4dr since we have kids. So I could get an M3 with the DCT trans.
My lovely and talented wife is pleased to report that my track days are over. 😊
Also, I love me some E36 M3’s. Well driven ones could best 964’s and 993’s at Lime Rock fairly routinely. Fun to watch, made the Porsche guys eyes twitch and I’m pretty sure a few of them wet the bed later.

My lovely and talented wife is pleased to report that my track days are over. 😊
Also, I love me some E36 M3’s. Well driven ones could best 964’s and 993’s at Lime Rock fairly routinely. Fun to watch, made the Porsche guys eyes twitch and I’m pretty sure a few of them wet the bed later.
As much as I love the look of low seating low rooftop cars like Corvettes and other "sporty" looking cars. There is something to be said about the higher seating position and better visibility that you find in the 3 series and cars setup like that. As always it comes down to a personal preference, but I really have grown to appreciate good visibility and comfort.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back