Limitless Lim V2 build. It’s Lim time. Time to Lim it up. Digging the Limification sensation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I got this on Black Friday for $399.00 So, I’m going to really try to keep this one simple. Build it as it is, so to speak. It’s going to have a Castle MMX-8S, because I have one. Not sure about the motor yet, I’m gonna see what I have.
It will be a GT build, dressed in my all time favorite German suit.
Those battery trays have got to go…
I have some Redondo Beach titanium springs and his beautiful grade 5 titanium motor plate bolts. It will indeed have a servo and again, I’m going to see what I have on hand.
This is weird to me for a road car. Where’s the Scorched carbon fibre full length chassis? Where are those lovely Vitavon arms? Where’s the PPS, and the Basher Queen?
For the ESC I decided to do the 8mm bullets and an XT90 lead on the mains for one of Phil”s 8s cap packs. I’ve heard the MMX8s benefits from them. The soldering was done while Nacho was locked in the guest room.
I’m starting the process. I have a bowl of Shire 2.0, and I’m going to let that sativa have its way with me and stare at this chassis for a couple of hours, taking the necessary notes as the stream of consciousness flows from my addled brain. Gonna be awesome.
Nacho thinks that the rear wing needs to be addressed as well. I think he’s right.
Here we go!
IMG_2961.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

I got this on Black Friday for $399.00 So, I’m going to really try to keep this one simple. Build it as it is, so to speak. It’s going to have a Castle MMX-8S, because I have one. Not sure about the motor yet, I’m gonna see what I have.
I have some Redondo Beach titanium springs and his beautiful grade 5 titanium motor plate bolts. It will indeed have a servo and again, I’m going to see what I have on hand.
This is weird to me for a road car. Where’s the Scorched carbon fibre full length chassis? Where are those lovely Vitavon arms? Where’s the PPS, and the Basher Queen?
For the ESC I decided to do the 8mm bullets and an XT90 lead on the mains for one of Phil”s 8s cap packs. I’ve heard the MMX8s benefits from them. The soldering was done while Nacho was locked in the guest room.
I’m starting the process. I have a bowl of Shire 2.0, and I’m going to let that sativa have its way with me and stare at this chassis for a couple of hours, taking the necessary notes as the stream of consciousness flows from my addled brain. Gonna be awesome.
Nacho thinks that the rear wing needs to be addressed as well. I think he’s right.
Here we go!
View attachment 342773
View attachment 342775

SAC - Speedie Attack Cat

Cats Cat Attack GIF

Looking better already! It’s about to get a pair of the illustrious Mr. Shifrin’s carbon fibre GT side extensions. And dang dude, it’s SO hard not to order a set of those A-arms he just released. Those things are fire. I gotta give the dude credit, he keeps knocking out new, thoughtfully designed components that I actually want to buy, and his prices are pretty danged reasonable in the greater scheme of things.
IMG_2965.jpeg

Dammit. My wheels started turning and locked on an inescapable conclusion. I have a super premium, no expense spared build (328mm speed runner) waiting to be built, and in the box of goodies for that build is a full set of Vitavon arms. And now I’m thinking that build is going to definitely need my favorite Israeli’s newly released arms on it instead. For aero, and that build will be ALL about the aero. (Shifrin‘s new arms are essentially flat plates that don’t produce turbulence.)
So this Lim build is getting the full complement of upper and lower Vitavon arms.
Boom.

Last edited:
Got the center brace on, one of those Ebay joints with an ESC mount. I think it came from Brazil. Fits great, except the ends are a bit narrow, there was a lot of slop where it screws into the front and rear center brace mounts. It took four 5x8x0.5mm Teflon coated shims per end, two on each side of the brace. You can kind of see them in the pic. Nice and snug now.
IMG_2967.jpeg

IMG_2968.jpeg

IMG_2969.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

Opened up my box of servos and got good news. Can’t go wrong with a ProModeler DS490BLHV. Fast as hell, and it’s one of his new ones that have that ginormous 15t, 8mm output shaft. Groovy. Glad I had one of his 15t servo arms in the box as well!
And I believe Nacho is ready for bed.
IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_2974.jpeg

IMG_2975.jpeg

Opened up my box of servos and got good news. Can’t go wrong with a ProModeler DS490BLHV. Fast as hell, and it’s one of his new ones that have that ginormous 15t, 8mm output shaft. Groovy. Glad I had one of his 15t servo arms in the box as well!
And I believe Nacho is ready for bed.
View attachment 342793
View attachment 342794
View attachment 342795

Just realized your cats name is nacho. I gotta dog named Taco 😂
Builds looking good my man. Jealous of all yall that have places to run these speed kings

Just realized your cats name is nacho. I gotta dog named Taco 😂
Builds looking good my man. Jealous of all yall that have places to run these speed kings
Me too. That’s why I sold the Felony. Couldn’t let it stretch its legs around here.

Jealous of all yall that have places to run these speed kings
Actually, I really don’t.
Me too. That’s why I sold the Felony. Couldn’t let it stretch its legs around here.
The only problem I have with my speed run road is that it doesn’t exist. 😂 Well, there is one spot that’s great about 20 minutes from my house, but it’s a pretty heavily travelled highway so my runs are going to have to be in the middle of the night and I’ll have to take a spotter with me.
My fingers are crossed for an airport about 40 minutes from me. I know they’ve allowed it in the past, but I haven’t contacted them yet.

Here we go!
View attachment 342773
View attachment 342775
I like it. I'm already looking to get a 6s Infraction. Nacho looks like a good helper! My daughter has identical kitten, Rumps, he is into everything at her apartment.

I like it. I'm already looking to get a 6s Infraction. Nacho looks like a good helper! My daughter has identical kitten, Rumps, he is into everything at her apartment.
Can't go wrong with that. The Infraction was my first car after a decades long absence from RC and I totally fell in love with it. It's just a brute on 6S, even in stock configuration. Imho, it's the best street basher. Hands down.

Those servo horns.. still have mine and it's the only one I have that I failed to strip. Beech may be a air guy but he fully understands what us surface guys need and want. And delivers!
BTW, is yours missing the "r" too?
LMFAO!🤣 YES, I’M MISSING THE LAST “R!!!!”
Dude, there is just no way I would have ever noticed that if you hadn’t asked. The arm says “ProModele.” 😂. It’s too bad that it wasn’t the first R that was missing. Then it would have been PoModeler, and even funnier!
You have sharp eyes, my friend. That engraving is very subtle, and pretty danged small to begin with.
I”ll have to flame @jbeech online and give him a good ribbing: “What’s going on, John? Where is my R? And where is your QC? If my arm is missing an R, is the servo missing a gear? What gives, man? I paid for that R, and I want that R. Can I send the arm back for repair and get that R installed? Will you pay for return shipping? I can’t run it the way it is John, it says ‘ProModele’ and that sounds French. Do you have additional R’s in stock, John? Because I want the R I paid for. I R pissed, John…” 😊

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with that. The Infraction was my first car after a decades long absence from RC and I totally fell in love with it. It's just a brute on 6S, even in stock configuration. Imho, it's the best street basher. Hands down.
Oh I gotta get one now! I have a big backyard for my bashers, & a big road & street for my street stuff. @Diem Turner @Dan B. Yall have a street basher area?

Oh I gotta get one now! I have a big backyard for my bashers, & a big road & street for my street stuff. @Diem Turner @Dan B. Yall have a street basher area?
Hell yeah you do! :LOL:

Yeah, I have a few parking lots in the area but they're nothing like the kinds of parking lots you find in the US in terms of size. Germany and its architects/engineers think on a completely different scale than their American counterparts. However, my Infraction was converted into a speed runner long ago which renders it sub-optimal as a basher.

Yeah, I have a school down the street and a few nice, big parking lots nearby. I may actually be able to hit 100 in one of them, but I haven’t tried because there is concrete curbing all the way around it. If I couldn’t stop it in time it would get very nasty!

Back