Big Rock Looking for "one" transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRDT

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Kraton 8S
New to the group and new to the hobby however I like to do a ton of research before I pull the trigger on anything. (no pun intended). However with the question I have and the more research I do, the more confused I am. Basically I'm looking for "one" transmitter that will control both my Big Rock and Fireteam. I will must likely purchase more Arrma's, hopefully, so it would be nice to just have "one" that can control them all. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I apologize in advance for the rookie question.

I use a radiolink 4something, it is cheap on amazon, recievers are cheap and reliable and the distance is great, better the any RTR. Also has 10 model memory.

The expensive spektrum ones have model memory as well but are out of my price range.

Is there a transmitter that will bind to the different Spektrum receivers? I was hoping to not have to buy receivers for each vehicle.

Look at the FlySky Noble NB4. Lot's of people use it. I use it for everything. Extremely well made and the receivers aren't all that expensive for telemetry capable receivers. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I use it with an "aircraft" receiver that I added two longer antennas to for speed runs. Just shy of 1,700ft one direction, so if I stand in the middle that's a little less than 3,400ft for a speed run. No booster on the controller or anything like that. Seriously take a good look at it and thank me later. :p

Look at the FlySky Noble NB4. Lot's of people use it. I use it for everything. Extremely well made and the receivers aren't all that expensive for telemetry capable receivers. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I use it with an "aircraft" receiver that I added two longer antennas to for speed runs. Just shy of 1,700ft one direction, so if I stand in the middle that's a little less than 3,400ft for a speed run. No booster on the controller or anything like that. Seriously take a good look at it and thank me later. :p
^^^+1 that's what SrC said...it must be true ;)
@LibertyMKiii (I think) just got another one. Ordered from some website and it was drop shipped by Amazon 2 days later.

I'm using DX5, compatible with the Spektrum receivers.
Also using Radiolink for more range on my non-cars.

Both are ok to use, but there is a learning curve on the menu. That is the case with all 'better' transmitters, though.

I have the Spektrum DX5 Rugged. If you get a new DX5, I recommend against the Rugged version, just get the DX5C. The transmitter itself works great, good range, accurate, responsive, comfortable. But the Rugged costs more, is heavier, the rubber bumpers pull out and can be a pain to get back in, the brace is useless and mine actually broke off, and the touch scroll is a pain to use. The DX5C functions are the same, costs less, with none of the unnecessary and actually problematic features.

Quite frankly, a DX5 was overkill for me. I don't use the advanced programming features, they're not necessary for bashing. If you don't have a reason for them, I would pause before spending even on the DX5C. If I could do it all over again, I have a feeling a Dumbo RC would work fine. They're supposed to have excellent range, but I can't be sure how the responsiveness compares. Just make sure you get the multiple receiver one if you want to bind several RC's.

Last edited:
1 Vote for the Futaba 4pm, 40 model memory.....Just sayin

https://futabausa.com/product/4pm/
Professional racer precision for a Big Rock/Fireteam basher? Seriously? He said he's likely to be getting more Arrma's, not sure he meant 38 more. Besides, even at the professional level, there was a video that showed the Futaba did not have a significant advantage over a DX5C.

Last edited:
@GRC
OP said he wanted one TX, why not get one he can grow into and expand his horizons into more brands down the road?
So I'm not entitled to my opinion?
Am I also to believe you are the for most expert in all things TX?
Why Not have more model space, what does it hurt?
Why not have more options, what does it hurt?
I say you enjoy your Dx and I will enjoy my 4pm and we both can have a nice day sound good?

It hurts the wallet.
*EDIT: After checking, I didn't realize the 4pm model doesn't really cost much more than a DX5. I was thinking of the $700 Futaba's. But again, over $200 is still pricey and unless you're a competitive racer, I don't think the added features will add much for most bashers.

Last edited:
Edit: Your entitled to your opinion but your still seeing the short end, whos to say in 6 mo or a year he won't want to go father down the rabbit hole and do something besides bashers.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back