Looking for portable ready made ramp options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddic88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Limitless
  6. Kraton 8S
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Kraton EXB
  9. Mojave EXB
  10. Notorious
  11. Outcast 8s
  12. Senton 3s
  13. Talion
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon 3s
  16. Vendetta
  17. Vorteks
I did research and came away without a single option that met my needs but decided to order one that partially worked in the mean time until better options present themselves
I know there’s been prior threads, but the landscape for these things has changed quite a bit post pandemic.
here’s what I wanted:
- Portable ramp that is either stackable, foldable and light weight.
- pre made and does not require significant building
- have proper dimensions and angle for reasonably optimal jumps
- be heavy duty enough for use with 1/8 rigs
- be wide enough to allow some breathing room for hitting the ramp at less then perfect dead on, so more then 24” when running typical 1/8 monster Truggy

so my first choice options where some of the specialty ramp companies for rc or similar options

Kc-rc very nice looking product, but ultimately it’s construction doesn’t look to be HD enough to run 1/8 cars consistently. its primarily composite and though we’ll designed, appears ideally suited for 1/10 sized cars. Though occasional 1/8 use would be fine I’m sure, it would most likely degrade quickly with a steady diet of heavier rigs.

Rc bash ramps looks awesome but there website lists all models unavailable with no information listed for future availability date or buying option

Freshpark seamed like a good option snd I was ready to purchase a pair of there HD rc ramps which are identical to there motocross model, but several reviews highlighting durability issues with even there hd ramps. The issue appears to be that the ramp deck itself is a thin sheet metal mesh that snags easily on the RC and starts to deform and the issue gets progressively worse. They look good otherwise so I considered buying and modding the deck but at about $500 for the pair I couldn’t justify having to still incest the time in fixing them
The rest of the skateboard moto cross ramp options I found where either expensive commercial stuff or kits which I wasn’t looking to build.

then I looked into the plastic stacking ramps
the exact type I wanted that I have seen in lots of videos Is plastic stacks (I think) and has a curved ramp deck so not a straight wedge shape. I wanted the curve transition angle for higher jumps at lower speeds. I couldn’t find any available for sale except really small stuff, not the ones you typically see two together in basher vids like R Duperdash etc
Landwave looks great but is a straight wedge. I ultimately ordered a pair of these because they lock together, are light portable and meet my other needs and iwhere reasonably priced compared to other options. I also wouldn’t mind setting up multiple jumps in the house back yard should I find a better option, so not a waste.

anyone seen or know of an option not listed that is available, heavy duty and portable? I need to be able to fit them in with my cats when I’m running out to get some packs done, so anything too heavy or big will just sit in the garage
thanks

Whatever you get, wider is better. 2 ft wide is minimum, but still really hard to hit with speed. 3 ft or even better 4 ft wide is better.

Portable, adjustable ramps I know of are
KC-RC
T-bone Racing - don't have one, but I've asked and they may not be so durable
Killaramps - metal construction, he's in Russia so right now may be difficult to get one

The straight edge plastic ramps don't really provide good launch. The curved ones are nearly impossible to find. I want some, but I don't think anyone is actively producing them right now. The RC Bash Ramp is only 2 feet wide and not adjustable. Also that metal surface is noisy as hell. Watch any video with one. Noisy impact, hard to hit even at low speed, impossible to hit consistently with speed. The Freshpark ramps provide REALLY low launch.

I don't have any of them, I built a wooden ramp, but if I had to choose, the KC-RC looks best to me.

Last edited:
https://en.kc-rc.com/product-page/rampe-ajustable-pré-commande

Costs quite a bit more to ship to the USA but it's Canadian pesos so it'll only cost you 80% of the price roughly.
I have had this ramp In my cart and was ready to buy several times while I researched but was unsure of the durability. I was going to order the widest version but it looks to use the same amount of supports but spread out over the larger ramp. I want to use it with primarily 1/8 rigs and it seems to be more well suited to 1/10 cars… there’s not a lot of info on the site. in reality, if I wind up choosing another ramp based on what’s available today it’s this option (assuming I’m unhappy with the Landwave ramps)
Whatever you get, wider is better. 2 ft wide is minimum, but still really hard to hit with speed. 3 ft or even better 4 ft wide is better.

Portable, adjustable ramps I know of are
KC-RC
T-bone Racing - don't have one, but I've asked and they may not be so durable
Killaramps - metal construction, he's in Russia so right now may be difficult to get one

The straight edge plastic ramps don't really provide good launch. The curved ones are nearly impossible to find. I want some, but I don't think anyone is actively producing them right now. The RC Bash Ramp is only 2 feet wide and not adjustable. Also that metal surface is noisy as hell. Watch any video with one. Noisy impact, hard to hit even at low speed, impossible to hit consistently with speed. The Freshpark ramps provide REALLY low launch.

I don't have any of them, I built a wooden ramp, but if I had to choose, the KC-RC looks best to me.
I’m in construction and have all the tools needed to make a ramp… really anything lol but I want something to take into the field and anything I build will be heavy and difficult to transport and move into place… I run in a lot of parks, the last thing I want to do is have to dolly a ramp around! I also tend to overdo stuff I build myself and the time I spend on building a ramp now would come right out of building RC’s. I want to do some 1/8 scale Truggy racing this year and have a iET48 2.0 waiting to be built along with a list of other rc build projects I want to finish. I just spent a lot of time reworking my hobby room work area to better enjoy working on my fleet!

I know the landwaves aren’t going to be great, I found a google deal on a pair for $140 shipped so I figured though not ideal they Will work better then nothing until either a better option shows up or I try one of the ones here that i passed up.. probably it would be the KC RC
I noticed the other day that T-bone Racing sell ramps too. They must be popular as they are out of stock.

https://tboneracing.net/collections/ramps
T bone has a lot of negative reviews on durability, they where actually in stock a few weeks ago when I ordered the landwaves, but it looks like a cheaper less well built version of the kcrc which

Yep. I can't review the ramp but I've given up on my TBR kraton wheelie bar. It would throw a bearing every battery. Using the arrma 3s wheels now (on the wheelie bar that is). Its mounting is a poor design too.

I’m in construction and have all the tools needed to make a ramp… really anything lol but I want something to take into the field and anything I build will be heavy and difficult to transport and move into place… I run in a lot of parks, the last thing I want to do is have to dolly a ramp around!
I hear you. I built a ramp and need a dolly to move it. But I recently saw this video by milehighspeed. His ramp build is really light and seems to be quite sturdy. I'm going to build another based on his recommendations.

T Bone Racing just redesigned the Air Time portable basher ramp and it's in stock for $270 plus shipping. I bought one and have beat the hell out of it with everything including my K8EXB and Xmaxx's it's been a great ramp. Lightweight and folds flat to toss in the back of my 4 runner and it's very adjustable, they also just released replacement parts for them so I got a couple of the pivot mounts that's the only thing that I've worn out a little bit. Expensive but if you don't mind the cost get one, and assembly was a big job but I didn't figure it was going to show up ready to run lol.

IMG_20210910_013825672.jpg

They have it listed on their site. It's a good chunk of money for a ramp. I found another suggestion of building a light weight wood one. But that requires tools. I don't have. But this is a little steeper than I'd like. AHHHH the choices. Lol.

4.0 Airtime Revision Updates:

Thicker aluminum and different angle used
(Prevents aluminum rails from bending)
Corner gussets added for stability
(Attaches all aluminum together creating a solid form)
Changed deck attachment from rivet to bolt and nut.
(The deck now bolts down eliminating the pull out problem of the previous versions)

They have it listed on their site. It's a good chunk of money for a ramp. I found another suggestion of building a light weight wood one. But that requires tools. I don't have. But this is a little steeper than I'd like. AHHHH the choices. Lol.

4.0 Airtime Revision Updates:

Thicker aluminum and different angle used
(Prevents aluminum rails from bending)
Corner gussets added for stability
(Attaches all aluminum together creating a solid form)
Changed deck attachment from rivet to bolt and nut.
(The deck now bolts down eliminating the pull out problem of the previous versions)
Thanks so much for all the great responses.

So as I mentioned, I had ordered a pair of landwaves because I didn’t like any of the available options enough to spend the higher amount on so I figured these would be ok until something I was confident would work the way I wanted became available. I got a order cancelation notice Monday on the landwaves after 2 weeks from my order. Frustrated I decided to just bite the bullet on one -f the more expensive options available. I decided on KC-RC,the TB ramp would be my second choice especially knowing they made improvements. I haven’t had problems with other TB products but heard the ramps where a little flimsy. I originally wanted the 48” Kc-rc ramp but they where out of stock, so I ordered the 36” for $300 shipped from Canada. There shipping was flawless, ordered on Monday from Canada and arrived on Thursday im Connecticut!

Here’s my thoughts after my first session

I’ll start with the negative: when the box arrived yesterday I picked up the still flat packaged ramp and thougt “this don’t feel like $300 bucks” and my concern it wouldn’t hold up to bigger 1/8 truggy use was feeling like the reality. I would prefer a ramp with textured material instead of adhesive texture grip tape.

The positives:

After assembling the ramp, it’s pretty sturdy, the materials are light but extremely well made and everything fit together EXACTLY PERFECT!

It took about 30 minutes by myself inc;using applying the texture. The instructions are a page but aren’t really needed. It recommends lining up the cars you want to use to determine where the tape should be applied, but after lining up a 3s big rock and 6s kraton I realized even;y spacing the two thin outside snd 2 wider inside texture strips would accommodate most anything without special spacing.

The texture tape is thick and has a industrial grade adhesive, I cleaned the ramp with alchohal before applying, it’s not comming off but will eventually wear out. They sell replacements and locally available texture for stair treads should work well so it’s not a deal breaker.

It’s pretty sturdy assembled, while not what I would term “built like a tank” it seams sturdy enough to not be sn issue and if I want it a little more solid it looks like there’s several easy mods that would do… though I’m not sure it will be needed even with bigger 1/8th scale rigs.

I charged a few packs while playing hooky from work for awhile and figured I would try the kraton and big rock since they where already out from when I was checking the spacing on the tape and went to my hobby room to grab my original Maxx which since I got my hopped up 6s v2, has become my go to beater, loaner, and “hmm, I wonder if I try this if it will break a rc” rig.

I started out with the max on the ramps middle height setting and took a few runs at medium speed. I would not characterize myself as a Keven Talbot jumping expert type hobbyist, I enjoy building, modding, bashing, but don’t have a lot of jump experience. I hit up a bmx track a few times a season but it’s not always empty enough and its extra muddy usually when it’s free enough to use, I occasionally hit up my hobby shops 8th scale track but those jumps are more coward then height and not really meant for stunts. Most of my bash spots are parks with some jumping, but more stuff you need high speed to get much off the ground and more distance then height… I have jury rigged a few ramps around the yard but none I could get a flip of off.

This ramp seams to be almost perfecty designed for maximum Height launches with minimal speed at any of the higher settings. I actually wound up setting the ramp to the least mild setting after a few jumps with the maxx, even then the height was pretty good at modest speeds with just a little more distance then the medium setting. Also important to note is that the ramp angle amd transition are so smooth that there’s little noticing;e impact on the ramp even on faster run ups when I was trying to do a front flip.

I wound up enjoying myself enough with the max and big rock that I ran out of time before I tried a full size 1/8th rig, so I can’t 100% say the ramp will hold up as well to heavier rigs, but my beater maxx weighs in at a hair under 10 pounds without battery (it’s on its original body which has almost a pound of drywall tape and goop holding itself together! Lol) which is only about 2 pounds less then a stock kraton, and the maxx didn’t move the ramp at all.

I usually don’t like bashing in my yard, I usually just test out builds or mods I’m doing and burn up a half a pack running around before quitting. If I have more time I prefer going to one of the nearby parks where I have the room to really ope rigs up. Today I could have spent a lot more time if I had it. The ramp allowed me to really work on air control which I wanted. I ran my big rock on 3s, it’s set up with a extra long 3674 size motor I believe 1850 kv, it’s geared ideally for 4s, so on 3s has a tad under stock wheel speed, and I was still able to get off backflips easily on the ramps lowest setting. I’m sure a hotter set up fog like the kaiju or outcast will be able to do multiple flips when I’m ready to try.

So, while I think $300 was a lot for a composite ramp, after using it I do not regret even a little buying it. It’s light weight which made me nervous originally, is going to be perfect for carrying around a large park, which was the whole reason I wanted something pre made. This was my on;y experience with KC-RC, but my initial impression based on how well the parts where finished, how fast it was shipped and the products above expectation performance, is very positive. I noticed on there website, they have a bunch of other products, tools, stands, and some performance parts but I didn’t really look carefully enough to see if I wanted anything, especially since shipping from Canada is going to be more then domestic suppliers and I have my usual suppliers I’m happy with… but I’m thinking I’m going to look over the site again and try a few other things out.

31730F11-B7D5-4469-8BF2-B5FCC0ED1FDC.jpeg

Here’s a few more pics

Attachments

• B9915022-1C3C-4F80-AB1C-E2C32DD32778.jpeg
    B9915022-1C3C-4F80-AB1C-E2C32DD32778.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 230
  • A5DC038F-0FBD-4B30-BABD-14CA98B43190.jpeg
    A5DC038F-0FBD-4B30-BABD-14CA98B43190.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 11DFC941-279A-46E7-9994-1E413858BA9A.jpeg
    11DFC941-279A-46E7-9994-1E413858BA9A.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 143
Ps, above pics are with the ramp on its lowest setting
aarmabri74, I am interested to see how these two ramps hold up over time and compare them. Based on what’s available now, I think these are the two best options, light and adjustable. i didn’t realize how many changes where made to the TB, and there close in price. I like the added bolts and metal construction of the t one. How much does it weigh? I’ll try to weigh the KC-RC so we can compare weights. I never considered trying anything bigger then 1’8th scale MT or Truggy, but for clinical testing purposes I’ll try some bigger rigs to experiment incrementally. I’ll TryFireteam, then go up to something like an xmax or SBR to see how it goes… but I would be shocked if it’s good beyond that and think a k8 wouldnt be a great idea unless being super careful…/ if the TB solidly handles a k8 without a sweat that’s impressive!

Ps, above pics are with the ramp on its lowest setting
aarmabri74, I am interested to see how these two ramps hold up over time and compare them. Based on what’s available now, I think these are the two best options, light and adjustable. i didn’t realize how many changes where made to the TB, and there close in price. I like the added bolts and metal construction of the t one. How much does it weigh? I’ll try to weigh the KC-RC so we can compare weights. I never considered trying anything bigger then 1’8th scale MT or Truggy, but for clinical testing purposes I’ll try some bigger rigs to experiment incrementally. I’ll TryFireteam, then go up to something like an xmax or SBR to see how it goes… but I would be shocked if it’s good beyond that and think a k8 wouldnt be a great idea unless being super careful…/ if the TB solidly handles a k8 without a sweat that’s impressive!
How has the durability been?

I did research and came away without a single option that met my needs but decided to order one that partially worked in the mean time until better options present themselves
I know there’s been prior threads, but the landscape for these things has changed quite a bit post pandemic.
here’s what I wanted:
- Portable ramp that is either stackable, foldable and light weight.
- pre made and does not require significant building
- have proper dimensions and angle for reasonably optimal jumps
- be heavy duty enough for use with 1/8 rigs
- be wide enough to allow some breathing room for hitting the ramp at less then perfect dead on, so more then 24” when running typical 1/8 monster Truggy

so my first choice options where some of the specialty ramp companies for rc or similar options

Kc-rc very nice looking product, but ultimately it’s construction doesn’t look to be HD enough to run 1/8 cars consistently. its primarily composite and though we’ll designed, appears ideally suited for 1/10 sized cars. Though occasional 1/8 use would be fine I’m sure, it would most likely degrade quickly with a steady diet of heavier rigs.

Rc bash ramps looks awesome but there website lists all models unavailable with no information listed for future availability date or buying option

Freshpark seamed like a good option snd I was ready to purchase a pair of there HD rc ramps which are identical to there motocross model, but several reviews highlighting durability issues with even there hd ramps. The issue appears to be that the ramp deck itself is a thin sheet metal mesh that snags easily on the RC and starts to deform and the issue gets progressively worse. They look good otherwise so I considered buying and modding the deck but at about $500 for the pair I couldn’t justify having to still incest the time in fixing them
The rest of the skateboard moto cross ramp options I found where either expensive commercial stuff or kits which I wasn’t looking to build.

then I looked into the plastic stacking ramps
the exact type I wanted that I have seen in lots of videos Is plastic stacks (I think) and has a curved ramp deck so not a straight wedge shape. I wanted the curve transition angle for higher jumps at lower speeds. I couldn’t find any available for sale except really small stuff, not the ones you typically see two together in basher vids like R Duperdash etc
Landwave looks great but is a straight wedge. I ultimately ordered a pair of these because they lock together, are light portable and meet my other needs and iwhere reasonably priced compared to other options. I also wouldn’t mind setting up multiple jumps in the house back yard should I find a better option, so not a waste.

anyone seen or know of an option not listed that is available, heavy duty and portable? I need to be able to fit them in with my cats when I’m running out to get some packs done, so anything too heavy or big will just sit in the garage
thanks
Pop Ramp makes the lightest & most versatile ramp that folds down and sets up in seconds without tools.
Product Dimensions 37"L x 36.5"W x 24"H

https://popramp.com

https://www.instagram.com/poprampbash/

Have you, personally, tried the PopRamp? If so, what are your thoughts? A pics on their website and instagram looks like the center “caves in” a little. $180 is a decent deal for a 3’ wide jump. I’m thinking about grabbing one but want to hear someone’s opinion that has used it.
Pop Ramp makes the lightest & most versatile ramp that folds down and sets up in seconds without tools.
Product Dimensions 37"L x 36.5"W x 24"H

https://popramp.com

https://www.instagram.com/poprampbash

Have you, personally, tried the PopRamp? If so, what are your thoughts? A pics on their website and instagram looks like the center “caves in” a little. $180 is a decent deal for a 3’ wide jump. I’m thinking about grabbing one but want to hear someone’s opinion that has used it.
I have not tried it. I’m curious because it does have a decent arc. But in their videos, they aren’t getting very big air because they’re only hitting it at low speed.

It looks like it might be TOO light. If it’s too light, you can’t hit it fast, you’ll just knock over the ramp. But I haven’t tried it, I’d also like to know if it’s a capable ramp.

I have not tried it. I’m curious because it does have a decent arc. But in their videos, they aren’t getting very big air because they’re only hitting it at low speed.

It looks like it might be TOO light. If it’s too light, you can’t hit it fast, you’ll just knock over the ramp. But I haven’t tried it, I’d also like to know if it’s a capable ramp.
It looks like there’s a strap / base that goes into the ground to help it not move. I’m skeptical to spend $200 and then it end up being a POS.

Back