looking into a sxs. opinions wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So I've been looking into buying a sxs and I'm kinda leaning towards a Maverick Sport X XC or X MR.
Would love the power of an X3 but they aren't setup for towing which I would have to be able to do. (unless it can be made to do so:unsure:)

So obviously I'm looking at Can-Am but what are your thoughts, suggestions, advice?
Tell me what route you would go and make your case for it...Honda? Polaris? Yamaha?

Thanks in advance for your input:)

Can-am house here

00E39209-4B45-466E-AC9B-162DB1F1C548.jpeg

Be forewarned, anything can am you will be obligated to the dealer for any codes set through the pcm.. That proprietary buds software is for the birds!.. They are nice machines, but this was the number one complaint I heard on a daily basis from our customers..

I got an x3 and a ranger. Best of both worlds. Rc cars are cheap compared to these guys. The ranger is easy. Winch roof and glass windshield and its set. X3 you can go nuts but it will fly. Got almost as much in extra parts as i do the machine. If your going to run them hard you need to adress the weak points.
I would probably stick to palaris or can am with my money but thats just me.
I did originally go to do the same thing as you. I want to bounce around in the rocks and ride for fun but wanted something to hunt and work with as well. My wife actually said she liked the x3 and asked why i wasn't looking at that. It was all over from there. Lol.
I guess it all depends what you want to get out of it.

Be forewarned, anything can am you will be obligated to the dealer for any codes set through the pcm.. That proprietary buds software is for the birds!.. They are nice machines, but this was the number one complaint I heard on a daily basis from our customers..

I had a 2014 can am maverick. It was loud and hot from the engine location. Look at a rzr turbo. I had a 2016. No problems great machine. Sold that and bought a ranger crew northstar. Love it! Tracks all winter. Tires all summer. View attachment 231829View attachment 231830View attachment 231831View attachment 231832

I got an x3 and a ranger. Best of both worlds. Rc cars are cheap compared to these guys. The ranger is easy. Winch roof and glass windshield and its set. X3 you can go nuts but it will fly. Got almost as much in extra parts as i do the machine. If your going to run them hard you need to adress the weak points.
I would probably stick to palaris or can am with my money but thats just me.
I did originally go to do the same thing as you. I want to bounce around in the rocks and ride for fun but wanted something to hunt and work with as well. My wife actually said she liked the x3 and asked why i wasn't looking at that. It was all over from there. Lol.
Thanks guys!
Really hard to decide when I want it all. I really need to be able to work as hard as it plays. None of the turbo machines are built for towing and most if not all don't even have a factory made tow hitch (please correct if I'm wrong).

I think I'll be swayed by fun factor more than work factor which could be the difference between happiness or regret with whatever I get.
Doesn't the can-am have different keys that are different codes depending on how you're running it at any given time? I could be way off on the different keys thing...?:LOL:

The x3 is what I keep going back to but like I said I keep letting the fun factor take over. I have to focus on all around use. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Anyone know of/have seen or heard of anyone towing a utility trailer with a x3 or any turbo for that matter?

Last edited:
My wife actually said she liked the x3 and asked why i wasn't looking at that. It was all over from there. Lol.
My wife would probably like the look of the rzr and x3 more than the others
which just so happens to be the fun factor rigs more than the work factor.
Its like when youre looking at a $300 RC and your wife points to a more expensive one and says "this one is nice":oops::unsure::whistle::devilish:
DANGEROUS!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The x3 does have 2 keys. One is sport mode and one is for a reduced power mode. I do think you can put a trailer hitch on the back but i would think the belt and clutches would be unhappy.
My brother has a hitch on his rzr but only uses a little trailer to haul deer out of the woods. It is non turbo machine if that matters.
Fortunately i got mine right as covid was getting started so i could drive all the machines and pick the one i wanted. Now you probably have to order what you want.
I would decide what you really want most and then get that. They are too expensive to have regrets and you will take a bath to get something different later.
Also don't let a teenage boy take your x3 unsupervised. Belts are expensive. Lol 😆

Always! Braaaap!👊✊

Crazy how much prices have jumped on these things. Paid $2700 back in 2015 for this 06, be lucky to find a 89 J arm for $5500🤣.

I got my clean 2000 shipped up from Arizona to Minnesota for $4k in the fall of 2019. I ordered factory 2008 plastics and graphics from Puerto Rico (2008s weren’t available in the US so neither are the plastics). Super clean quad just not enough places to ride in Southern Minnesota.

I strongly debated an x3 just before the pricing went crazy. Cruised my buddy’s for a few miles and decided it wasn’t for me. At least in the terrain I’d be using it.

So I've been looking into buying a sxs and I'm kinda leaning towards a Maverick Sport X XC or X MR.
Would love the power of an X3 but they aren't setup for towing which I would have to be able to do. (unless it can be made to do so:unsure:)

So obviously I'm looking at Can-Am but what are your thoughts, suggestions, advice?
Tell me what route you would go and make your case for it...Honda? Polaris? Yamaha?

Thanks in advance for your input:)

when someone with super deep pockets gets bored things like this get created. :ROFLMAO:

Forum version hahaha
This Arrma Forum not ECX forum, please remove that video ASAP 🤪🤣🤣... lol JK Now just need a 8s version 😈🤣🤣🤙.

This Arrma Forum not ECX forum, please remove that video ASAP 🤪🤣🤣... lol JK Now just need a 8s version 😈🤣🤣🤙.
A whole other level of spending money! :ROFLMAO:
One of the comments on that video was "just take my money!":ROFLMAO:
Awesome find @The Bean

Not that I was going to buy it tomorrow or anything but this kinda sucks. They say a wait of up to 3months but guys on a can-am forum have been waiting 5+months.
To catch up to that kind of wait means there will still be a wait when I am ready.

This is from can-am
"Despite enormous efforts to overcome a multitude of logistical challenges, we are facing delays in production and also in component availability which are impacting your dealer's ability to finalize preparation and deliver the unit to you. In total, we are talking about delays that range between 60 and 90 days".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back