Looking to upgrade my motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorbanShaffer

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1/10 Senton 4WD V3 Mega 550 Brushed Short Course Truck and I'm looking forward to upgrading it. I was wanting to change it to a brushless system and run it off LiPo cells. My problem is I would like to put a 5700 kv motor in, but I still have the stock gearing system. I'm guessing the gears would fail at that point, is there any way to keep the 5700 kv motor to run the car? Would I need to upgrade the gearing system to metal gears? Is there another option? Any help would be appreciated.

Stay away from the 5700kv. Look for something in the 3000kv range. You will burn up the 5700. No need for metal gears. Looks for motor size around 3660 or 3650. Motor shaft is 3mm. More options open up if you change the gearbox to the 3s BLX version.

What would the options be if i switched to the BLX gearbox? Also, what if i switched to 32P gears? Id run a 57T 32P Spur and a 19T 32P Pinion?

Stay away from the 5700kv. Look for something in the 3000kv range. You will burn up the 5700. No need for metal gears. Looks for motor size around 3660 or 3650. Motor shaft is 3mm. More options open up if you change the gearbox to the 3s BLX version.
What would the options be if i switched to the BLX gearbox? Also, what if i switched to 32P gears? Id run a 57T 32P Spur and a 19T 32P Pinion?

Going BLX will absolutely require 32 pitch/3s 4x4 stock .8 Modulus gears. To handle BLX power.
3000-3400kv is fine for a SCT 2s/3s platform. Just get your pinion gearing sorted out from there. How did you end up with a 5700kv motor?(n)
Go to JennysRc and just buy the stock 3s BLX setup. A better start to work with.
Or just by a 3s Senton altogether. Will be more practical in the long run.
You may find yourself chasing a ghost, trying to eventually $replace$ out every single Mega part there.
I don't know why most buy a Mega only to want to upgrade it. Buyers remorse maybe??? Un-informed purchase maybe???IDK.:rolleyes: Whatever the case.....
Doesn't always makes sense to upgrade a Mega. Just buy a 3s at this point.
Sell off the Mega or keep it "AS IS", as a backup RC.
Sometimes it makes no sense to put all your apples in one basket.
Go to JennysRC.com and make a list of parts, then do the math.

It's your call.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back