Kraton Looking to upgrade turnbuckles on my K4s v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I am looking to upgrade the turnbuckles on my K4s v2 anyone have any suggestions.
My factory links have a lot of slop in them.

I am looking to upgrade the turnbuckles on my K4s v2 anyone have any suggestions.
My factory links have a lot of slop in them.
I don't have any direct experience with the Arrma 4s line myself. A quick search shows that Arrma is using plastic pivot balls on these, as well as the 3s lineup.. a weakness I think.
Looks like the 4s models are using 4mm turnbuckles. 6s line uses 5mm, 3s line I think uses 3mm. Not positive though.
I would either upgrade to 5mm turnbuckles and steel pivot balls, or you might be able to use these RC4WD rod ends. I belive their products are good quality.
https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-M3M4-Plastic-Long-Rod-Ends-20_p_4477.html

Screenshot_20230417-140829_Samsung Internet.jpg

I order them, it's worth a try thanks.

I order them, it's worth a try thanks.
You bet. I haven't been overly impressed by the 6s rod ends myself. I mean sure they're strong but they do develop play somewhat quickly I feel.. maybe my expectations are too high? Not sure..
The ones I linked will surely be an upgrade to the plastic pivot balls at least. Looks as though they are intended to be used with either 3 or 4mm turnbuckles so could be an upgrade option for 3s rigs as well.
I've seen a plethora of rod ends with aluminum balls being advertised all over the internet. I suppose the aluminum is an upgrade from plastic, maybe, but I really prefer steel for such high wear areas as pivots. Good luck, let us know how they work!👍🍻

I have 2 K4s and will put them to the test. As all ways I will let you know how it goes.

You bet. I haven't been overly impressed by the 6s rod ends myself. I mean sure they're strong but they do develop play somewhat quickly I feel.. maybe my expectations are too high? Not sure..
The ones I linked will surely be an upgrade to the plastic pivot balls at least. Looks as though they are intended to be used with either 3 or 4mm turnbuckles so could be an upgrade option for 3s rigs as well.
I've seen a plethora of rod ends with aluminum balls being advertised all over the internet. I suppose the aluminum is an upgrade from plastic, maybe, but I really prefer steel for such high wear areas as pivots. Good luck, let us know how they work!👍🍻
Really? Pretty sure I have changed the rear link ends once on my Outcast 6s since 2017. I have noticed that the new Arrma plastic is not the same as the old stuff though.

Really? Pretty sure I have changed the rear link ends once on my Outcast 6s since 2017. I have noticed that the new Arrma plastic is not the same as the old stuff though.
Yep, sloppy..and pretty quickly. TRX E Revo and Tekno links have stayed tight for longer.
No breakages from the Arrma rod ends though.
I've fitted my Arrma's with some E Revo camber link ends at the rear, see how they do. They may break since they are a tad short. The links aren't threaded as deeply as they should be.. just my thoughts/experience. 🤷‍♂️

Well, they still have not shipped (RC4WD.com rod ends) shipping 8-21delivery days and shipping was as much as the part. I am starting to think that they are drop shipping them form China. I know I am not a patient man.

Well, they still have not shipped (RC4WD.com rod ends) shipping 8-21delivery days and shipping was as much as the part. I am starting to think that they are drop shipping them form China. I know I am not a patient man.
I did see the shipping was rather steep. Not sure where they ship from.. I do not possess patience either,LOL. I did find this..
https://store.rc4wd.com/About-Us_ep_7.html

I did just receive this. So at least they’re working on it.

Hello Robert,

Your order is being processed from our International warehouse. The tracking information for your order will be provided as soon as the items arrive at our US warehouse. We appreciate your patience as we try to work to process your order.

Thank you
Nina
RC4WD Support

I did just receive this. So at least they’re working on it.

Hello Robert,

Your order is being processed from our International warehouse. The tracking information for your order will be provided as soon as the items arrive at our US warehouse. We appreciate your patience as we try to work to process your order.

Thank you
Nina
RC4WD Support
Sorry bud, guess we both learned where not go when in a hurry..

It’s OK both cars are running just fine. Did I say both I meant all five. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back