Losi RC models are crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
Always was interested in the Losi models and now that many of them are finally on sale I'm taking a second look. Please explain to me why these Losi RCs are crap and I shouldn't waste my money buying one or two of them. There must be something wrong with them to make ownership unpleasant. Are they pain in butter to service?

Last edited:
No issues with my TT, it's been a great truck that's taken a beating.

Screenshot_20220825-095220.png

I've never owned a Losi, but everyone I know that does own one says I'm missing out so there's that. You wanna call a model crap their name starts with a T and ends with an S :ROFLMAO:

Always was interested in the Losi models and now that many of them are finally on sale I'm taking a second look. Please explain to me why these Losi RCs are crap and I shouldn't waste my money buying one or two of them. There must be something wrong with them to make ownership unpleasant. Are they pain in butter to service?
Worst thing about losi’s is all parts come in massive bundles.

I agree with @Rob66 it is annoying that you cant buy stuff specifically like arrma. BUT I recently got a Super Rock Rey and I put a diff locker in the rear and am running the stock gearing with an 1100 kv motor on 8s and it is an absolute animal. It shreds so damn hard I leave ruts wherever it goes. On the right terrain I can get the biggest drifts going. I don't use it to send over jumps, just little jumps. Mostly flat ground shredding and the suspension is satisfying also. I don't regret it one bit. If you plan on sending it on jumps I would tell you to avoid them probably because they are quite nose heavy. Arrma 6s/8s rigs do sending much better. My buddy has a Super Baja Rey and hes the reason I got the Rock.
No issues with my TT, it's been a great truck that's taken a beating.

View attachment 238815
That looks like a fun truck! Damn clean looking too......

I agree with @Rob66 it is annoying that you cant buy stuff specifically like arrma. BUT I recently got a Super Rock Rey and I put a diff locker in the rear and am running the stock gearing with an 1100 kv motor on 8s and it is an absolute animal. It shreds so damn hard I leave ruts wherever it goes. On the right terrain I can get the biggest drifts going. I don't use it to send over jumps, just little jumps. Mostly flat ground shredding and the suspension is satisfying also. I don't regret it one bit. If you plan on sending it on jumps I would tell you to avoid them probably because they are quite nose heavy. Arrma 6s/8s rigs do sending much better. My buddy has a Super Baja Rey and hes the reason I got the Rock.

I still want a SBR but I got to many cars already. lol

Don't own a losi myself, but my perception is that losi's aren't built as "durable" as the equivalent Arrma's. However, that doesn't mean they don't make up for it in uniqueness, design, or performance. Does Arrma have an LMT equivalent? A 5t equivalent? Anything capable in the mini-t size? Anything race worthy in the 1/10 scale size (imo)? I'd say they have some good value stuff even if they aren't "arrma tough".

Love my Losi XX-CR.

Only 2 things I don't like about the current Losi's are, 1 - I don't own any of them (lots of models I want, not enough $$$) and 2) they tend to run a model for a 2-3 years then drop it. A few good sellers will stick around.

Thanks! To be fair that was the day after it showed up lol. Here's a more accurate depiction of it now, wedged under my daughter's car, unscathed 😂

PXL_20220820_022301885.jpg

So far negatives we got:
1. Replacement parts come in high dollar bundles.
2. They don't jump well

This is not enough folks. It's still tempting to buy...

got a losi mini 8ight fast as hell on 3s handled like a dream but kept stripping spur gears apart from that it is a good little car

Super Baja rey
Super rock rey
Tenacity db pro

So different from what arrma offers. I think I just like how they look and that's not enough to buy

I've never owned a Losi, but everyone I know that does own one says I'm missing out so there's that. You wanna call a model crap their name starts with a T and ends with an S :ROFLMAO:
WL Toys?

Their name has 2 strikes in it and the models give have the 3rd I wonder if anyone would be interested in trading me for the ones I have that are just sitting in the closet.
tiny lister friday movie GIF

Losi makes some decent rtr vehicles I haven't really heard too many negative things about any of them other than part support. Losi tends to discontinue models frequently. Never buy a Losi vehicle that is in a fire sale, ie price marked way down, as that model is getting discontinued and parts will disappear faster than a pizza at a Weight Watchers convention. Try finding diffs for the Losi Mini 8ight...................

1st...DO NOT compare a Losi and and Arrma. Two completely different animals.
Losi shines in the specific built field (track, realism, fun factor and so on) The reason for the bad rep is that people buy them and hit 30ft jumps. Nope...that will kill it.
As far as their race rigs...UNBEATABLE! imo
I love the Losi brand!:)

They arent the easiest rigs to work on but I like wrenching on my rigs so it's worth while for me personally:)

So far negatives we got:
1. Replacement parts come in high dollar bundles.
2. They don't jump well

This is not enough folks. It's still tempting to buy...
My baby...how could you say no?!?!? :p:cool:
20220122_174922.jpg

Last edited:
Back