M2C CVD fail. 8S CVD that work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same with me mate, 39/39, max5 56112 780kv rocket /surpass, double backflips,80 ft launches, no standing backflips, punch 5, 120c 7200mahs , only broke a pvc stock rod end today, still stock 5mm shafts in the oc8s. I've got thick gps haven't had to install yet, heard bad things about them, no?
And regarding backflips and air control, I found the tires the most interesting marker. Got lockups and sixpacks on the oc8s, it flips like the 4s outcast with the above setup, 780kv/max5!
The heavier the tire, the easier the flip, no news I guess.
But honestly I can now do a double flip in a 10m jump, wasn't at all possible with the dboots.
Also the grip of the lockups and hatchetts is amazing.
I've had only a few runs though with mostly limited throttle.
Keen to hear a lifetime solution from the racing engineer;-)
And regarding backflips and air control, I found the tires the most interesting marker. Got lockups and sixpacks on the oc8s, it flips like the 4s outcast with the above setup, 780kv/max5!
But honestly I can now do a double flip in a 10m jump, wasn't at all possible with the dboots.
Well i hope gps ones work better for you because they didnt last one full run for me
Yep... im sure I'll join the club sooner or later...

Yep... im sure I'll join the club sooner or later...
On another note, has anyone got a bulletproof shock solution for oc8s or k8s exb? Still think the rovans 190mm from 5t/baja might be good, especially if you cut a thread into the end of the 8mm shaft directly and put a nice metal female 8mm rod end on?

Last edited:
The raven shocks have been GRATE for me

20210822_082654.jpg

Well i beet the heck out of the m2c cvds this morning. Only thing that happen is one of the pins came out.

Attachments

• 20210822_083126.jpg
    20210822_083126.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210822_083130.jpg
    20210822_083130.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
This deal is legit. Showed up today. Loctite is drying. Hope to run it tomorrow.
So to bring this all back on topic... Took the new motor out today. Just got started and guess what ended my fun? 3rd M2C driveshaft failed on me. But I do like the 1100kv better than the 800kv so far. Feels more responsive. Running 29/39 gearing right now. None of my concerns with it not having enough torque like the HW 1100. Entirely different beast.

Yeah, same watt output from the 1100kv vs 800kv castle 2028 cans. Performance and responsiveness will change with gearing and ESC settings. You can make an 800kv 2028 respond the pretty much the exact same as an 1100kv 2028 by tweaking those two main things.

Well needed a new esc for my infraction so went for it. Really hope I didn't just get ripped off. This price seems too good:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MGXZPCQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2O50O9WC1KTI1&psc=1
Wow. That is an amazing price. Yeah, it's from Amazon, so it shouldn't be a problem
Yeah, same watt output from the 1100kv vs 800kv castle 2028 cans. Performance and responsiveness will change with gearing and ESC settings. You can make an 800kv 2028 respond the pretty much the exact same as an 1100kv 2028 by tweaking those two main things.
I played around with the gearing and 800kv motor. I was never happy with it personally. I'm happy with the 1100kv motor.
So to bring this all back on topic... Took the new motor out today. Just got started and guess what ended my fun? 3rd M2C driveshaft failed on me. But I do like the 1100kv better than the 800kv so far. Feels more responsive. Running 29/39 gearing right now. None of my concerns with it not having enough torque like the HW 1100. Entirely different beast.
Wow. I saw someone break one of the M2C driveshafts but he was running in a very extreme surface (construction zone I believe).I run my rigs at the park with dirt/grass.

Last edited:
Ran the M2C driveshafts on my Outcast 8s for the first time today. I did everything I could to break them. They held up. But not the poor Outcast 8s. Video coming soon. I also ran into a fellow rc buddy, so we bashed together. I smoked his Erevo and Xmaxx with the Outcast while drag racing, 😂
20210823_124012.jpg

Currently Im running a few different CVDs. My Outcast 8s EXB has the m2c all around. My kraton 8s EXB has 2 scorched RC titanium in the front, and 2 GPM in the back. I have to say I haven't had an issues with the GPM or the scorched titanium ones. I did slightly bend one of the M2C CVD's on my Outcast but its very slight and still can be used. I used to brake the stock CVDs, at least 1 every outing it was getting on my nerves

Currently Im running a few different CVDs. My Outcast 8s EXB has the m2c all around. My kraton 8s EXB has 2 scorched RC titanium in the front, and 2 GPM in the back. I have to say I haven't had an issues with the GPM or the scorched titanium ones. I did slightly bend one of the M2C CVD's on my Outcast but its very slight and still can be used. I used to brake the stock CVDs, at least 1 every outing it was getting on my nerves
I gave my M2C driveshafts hell with the Outcast 8s yesterday. I did everything that I could to break them (I just needed to take out the kitchen sink and hit them with it) on my last bash session (unintentionally) with bad landings, freaking tumbles and more bad landings.

I gave my M2C driveshafts hell with the Outcast 8s yesterday. I did everything that I could to break them (I just needed to take out the kitchen sink and hit them with it) on my last bash session (unintentionally) with bad landings, freaking tumbles and more bad landings.
So you bent your m2c cvd?

So you bent your m2c cvd?
Not that I can see. I did break my steering link and broke the wing mount with those very bad landings. I guess that I forgot to mention that they didn't break or bend.

Not that I can see. I did break my steering link and broke the wing mount with those very bad landings. I guess that I forgot to mention that they didn't break or bend.
Looks like the m2c driveshaft holds up better than stock!I just ordered them!

Looks like the m2c driveshaft holds up better than stock!I just ordered them!
I landed on one wheel (left front) in the last jump. And had some high speed tumbles. I've bent the stock driveshafts with that same landing before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back