M2C CVD fail. 8S CVD that work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man! You make me feel more confident !
I mean I was driving so bad that it looked like I was trying to break them on purpose, but they survived some serious stuff. And I they didn't break or bend. Same thing with my EXB K8S after 4 runs with the M2C driveshafts. Lots of bad landings and tumbles. Those are still straight and not broken either 🤣👍

Just read this entire thread after picking up a stock electronics K8S. So it sounds like just buy spare stock CVDs and replace them when they break? (Also shave off 1mm on each side in hopes they don’t bend?)

Test #2 went well for the M2C driveshafts. I did land upside down while using my friend's new huge ramp (30 ft plus). Driveshafts survived, but the Outcast paid the price on that last jump. I have it on film. I'll work on the video today 🤣😱
20210827_111958.jpg
20210827_111241.jpg
20210827_111227.jpg

Nice work!
I don't think that I've ever seen anyone pull the whole center module off like that . Oh yeah, and the front center drive is toast. It's bent like crazy! The M2C chassis looks straight though. Same thing with the driveshafts

I don't think that I've ever seen anyone pull the whole center module off like that . Oh yeah, and the front center drive is toast. It's bent like crazy! The M2C chassis looks straight though. Same thing with the driveshafts
Funny you said this. I never saw it happen either but when I first got mine I thought it was going to be the biggest problem with these. The center drive held in place by the plastic housing and supporting the towers.

Funny you said this. I never saw it happen either but when I first got mine I thought it was going to be the biggest problem with these. The center drive held in place by the plastic housing and supporting the towers.
Well all the bolts broke off. I'm sure it's not designed to withstand a freaking landing on pretty much the roof from like 30ft + 🤣.

Video is up. The M2C driveshafts are still good. Except for the non M2C one in the middle that is bent badly 🤣

Well.. I didn’t knock the whole module out.. but I did manage to shear off all three motor mount screws off last August. 😝
8FA235B5-93DD-48F9-9504-D8A3D38F83CA.jpeg

These M2C chassis never cease to amaze! 💪
Yeah, it's perfectly straight. Some people do manage to bend the M2C chassis after many huge jumps from what I've heard, but I'm not one of them yet. The only M2C stuff that I've been able to bend are the rear hinge pin blocks on my K8S.

I'm not sure what screws you used for the motor mount and center diff case, but the stock screws are very thin at the head. It's an m5 bolt with a 4mm hex. Normally an m5 should use a 3mm hex which provides the screw head with more material in the head making it stronger. I'm 1000% sure it would've survived (mount and front center shaft) with those bolts replaced with proper 12.9 ones. How I know this? I've landed my outcast upside down trying for a triple 25ft high lol HW max5 800kv 37/39.

I'm not sure what screws you used for the motor mount and center diff case, but the stock screws are very thin at the head. It's an m5 bolt with a 4mm hex. Normally an m5 should use a 3mm hex which provides the screw head with more material in the head making it stronger. I'm 1000% sure it would've survived (mount and front center shaft) with those bolts replaced with proper 12.9 ones. How I know this? I've landed my outcast upside down trying for a triple 25ft high lol HW max5 800kv 37/39.
Well I'm not the only one who has broken those bolts. Hammer down managed to do it also. I guess it's just the way it lands sometimes 🤷

Well I'm not the only one who has broken those bolts. Hammer down managed to do it also. I guess it's just the way it lands sometimes 🤷
From your pictures, you'll notice the broken screw still in the aluminum motor mount. If you look closer where the screw broke was from the thin wall from the stock screws. The "F" in the drawing is where the stock screw is very thin from using a 4mm hex instead of the 3mm hex. Sucks that happened though. That's what happens when bashing is life lol arm doesn't break from 30ft jump but breaks from a 5 footer.

Screenshot_20210827-231559_Gallery.jpg

BTW, did you land on the wheels when this happened?
I honestly can’t remember, it was a year ago.. Probably not tho as I was busting the tall 40mm esc fans like crazy from roof landings. 🤪
My driving skills are much improved since then. 😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back