Kraton M2C Kraton Chassis. Who else ordered one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For comparison purposes:

Stock Kraton chassis - 340 grams
M2C Kraton chassis - 490 grams

Stock Outcast chassis - 310 grams
M2C Outcast chassis - 425 grams

The JBI is over half a pound heavier than the M2C. Yikes.
Wow! I think the M2C was the right choice. With the aluminum f/r braces and holding on to my t2t, I think the M2C is going to work out splendidly.

got my M2C chassis a few days ago. It is really nice. Feels amazing in the hand. The 4mm thickness is great. I am waiting on a diff box to show so I can get it the swap finished up. Anyone on the fence should just get one.

Should this chassis negate the need for a T2T brace and upgraded aluminum chassis braces? Anyone still planning to use a T2T?

Should this chassis negate the need for a T2T brace and upgraded aluminum chassis braces? Anyone still planning to use a T2T?

I'm not. I am going to run the braces because I already have them and the weight penalty is small.

In the test video Rich D was not using one in his Kraton and he was getting some huuuge air...it also had VH braces, towers and the big hobbystar 4092 motor 1430kv motor with a 22t pinion. I real bruiser...
I don’t think I will run mine (t2t). I asked M2c about what else they will be making for the 6s arrma they said maybe a brace and motor mount to go with their chassis.

Last edited:
It's just a small 1" aluminum tube on mine, and easy to remove/replace. I'll keep it once I get my new chassis. Plus, it makes a great carrying handle when the body's off:)

I hated the way my DIY tower to tower looked. My truck has all nice Voltage Hobbies and HR upgrades and then there was this eyesore right down the middle of it. That's why I went with Markhor, plus the tower was scratching the hell out of my shock towers.

I def want to run a tower to tower brace, only problem is the looks. Anyone know of anyone making a clean install one. I think someone needs to make shock tower that have a tower to tower brace built in. Like a little notch that the brace can sit on or something.

I hated the way my DIY tower to tower looked. My truck has all nice Voltage Hobbies and HR upgrades and then there was this eyesore right down the middle of it. That's why I went with Markhor, plus the tower was scratching the hell out of my shock towers.
I duct taped the end of mine to help with the scratching. Besides, having a big, shiny, hard rod, that I can wrap my hands around, is just so pleasing. Sorry, tmi;)
I def want to run a tower to tower brace, only problem is the looks. Anyone know of anyone making a clean install one. I think someone needs to make shock tower that have a tower to tower brace built in. Like a little notch that the brace can sit on or something.
If you use a 1" square tube, you can notch both ends to fit snuggly in the towers. Look up the @Thomas P t2t video and you'll understand what I mean. Very clean and if you paint your brace black, looks almost stock.

I doubt it will need a T2T, but would stay a way from the stock plastic fr rr chassi braces..IF they are gonna be used, a T2T is a recomendation..not that the chassi will bend, but there will allways be flex. Not cus i use one, but i know Rich and Eric runs alu braces.. 2 cents from me

I will run my new chassis at Flowood RC track with the voltage hobbies braces and see how it handles. On 4s of course. The plastic braces could be used for more flex if needed (flex equals traction on dirt).

I doubt it will need a T2T, but would stay a way from the stock plastic fr rr chassi braces..IF they are gonna be used, a T2T is a recomendation..not that the chassi will bend, but there will allways be flex. Not cus i use one, but i know Rich and Eric runs alu braces.. 2 cents from me
Thanks for your input Thomas. You are a premium basher so your 2 cents is highly valued! Do you plan to use this chassis? Minimizing weight is a big factor for me (to minimize damage from bad landings). The M2C chassis is 150g heavier, but my aluminum T2T is about 120g, almost an even exchange if the T2T can be removed. I think some flex is acceptable and even beneficial as long as it is not enough to permanently deform the chassis, driveshafts, body, etc...

Thanks for your input Thomas. You are a premium basher so your 2 cents is highly valued! Do you plan to use this chassis? Minimizing weight is a big factor for me (to minimize damage from bad landings). The M2C chassis is 150g heavier, but my aluminum T2T is about 120g, almost an even exchange if the T2T can be removed. I think some flex is acceptable and even beneficial as long as it is not enough to permanently deform the chassis, driveshafts, body, etc...

Hi buddy, no i have no plans for it, but i will ofc put the link to M2C page on ma ARRMA Mod-Site when its aproved, its allways good with option for the people who want to run different. Im good with stock ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back