Kraton Max5 56118 or Castle XLX2 2028

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Which one of these would be best for an OUTCAST 8S EXB if money isn’t involved ? Power, speed, and cooler temps for heavy on off throttle driving. I like to drive fast drift corners in dirt an grass and do some 20-30 ft. Jumps. WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS WANT FROM SANTA CLAUS ???😁🤣🤩

I have a 2028 and xlx2 in my 8s outcast and it does standing back flips on asphalt with aftermarket tires and 48 mph on grass with stock tires. Haven't gotten over 130 f so far.

Max5 and a TP
I can buy either the Max5 56118 or Castle 2028 today. LHS only has both in a combo they have the Max5 v3 by itself. Would a TP RUN good on the regular Max5?
I’m completely unfamiliar with TP.
I have a 2028 and xlx2 in my 8s outcast and it does standing back flips on asphalt with aftermarket tires and 48 mph on grass with stock tires. Haven't gotten over 130 f so far.
I heard a lot about the
Thats what I’m looking for. Massive power and never having to worry about temps even when it gets 100 degrees outside. Post a picture please sir?!?!
You have the 800 or 1100kv?

Last edited:
I can buy either the Max5 56118 or Castle 2028 today. LHS only has both in a combo they have the Max5 v3 by itself. Would a TP RUN good on the regular Max5?
I’m completely unfamiliar with TP.

I heard a lot about the
Thats what I’m looking for. Massive power and never having to worry about temps even when it gets 100 degrees outside. Post a picture please sir?!?!
You have the 800 or 1100kv?
1100kv and my rig weighs 35 lbs with batteries. i have the punch set at 10% which is lowest except for off.
my setup
I also have a build thread on 8s forum with many pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0244.jpg
    DSC_0244.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Looks great ! I tried to look for your thread but can’t find it. I like the idea of an 1100kv so my gearing don’t have to drastically change

man thats crazy, my 12s kraton is about 35.5lbs

1100kv and my rig weighs 35 lbs with batteries. i have the punch set at 10% which is lowest except for off.
my setup
I also have a build thread on 8s forum with many pics.
I found your build thread and bought the same ESC and motor. That vitavon steering system is a work of mechanical art! Beautiful build !

image.jpg

I got the XLX2 ESC And 1100kv installed and it looks great! Only problem is I can’t get it to calibrate throttle correctly. It’s pretty fast but I can tell I’m not getting completely to wide open. The SPECTRUM receiver won’t let the ESC start with the throttle held in for calibration. Anyone know how to get around this?

image.jpg

yall and these spektrum rx's!. Sadly your exact problem has been posted probably 666 different times so you will easily find the answer with a search. I would give you the answer but since I don't use that poop I never retained the info even though I've seen unlimited number of people have same exact problem :ROFLMAO:

yall and these spektrum rx's!. Sadly your exact problem has been posted probably 666 different times so you will easily find the answer with a search. I would give you the answer but since I don't use that poop I never retained the info even though I've seen unlimited number of people have same exact problem :ROFLMAO:
Scavenger hunt.. 😜

What kind of remote and receiver do you use? Everything has been posted on this site more than once.

I got the XLX2 ESC And 1100kv installed and it looks great! Only problem is I can’t get it to calibrate throttle correctly. It’s pretty fast but I can tell I’m not getting completely to wide open. The SPECTRUM receiver won’t let the ESC start with the throttle held in for calibration. Anyone know how to get around this?

View attachment 326813
Spektrum AVC receivers are finnicky for calibration. You can't hold full throttle at power up like Castle recommends.
  1. Power on transmitter and leave throttle at neutral
  2. Power on ESC
  3. Wait for receiver to complete startup/beeping process
  4. Go full throttle on transmitter (this starts the ESC calibration and you'll get green lights)
  5. When ESC light starts blinking red, go full reverse on transmitter
  6. When ESC light starts blinking yellow, go neutral on transmitter
Disclaimer: keep your wheels off the ground during this process. If the ESC doesn't successfully go into calibration mode, you'll have a car trying to go full throttle 😬

Maybe take off the pinion instead of keeping the wheels off the ground ;)
You could just hook up castle link and check the logs if you are or aren't getting full throttle signal before you try to re-calibrate.

ps. I got the xlx2-2028-1100kv in my fireteam. I don't use spectrum radio though

Spektrum AVC receivers are finnicky for calibration. You can't hold full throttle at power up like Castle recommends.
  1. Power on transmitter and leave throttle at neutral
  2. Power on ESC
  3. Wait for receiver to complete startup/beeping process
  4. Go full throttle on transmitter (this starts the ESC calibration and you'll get green lights)
  5. When ESC light starts blinking red, go full reverse on transmitter
  6. When ESC light starts blinking yellow, go neutral on transmitter
Disclaimer: keep your wheels off the ground during this process. If the ESC doesn't successfully go into calibration mode, you'll have a car trying to go full throttle 😬
I got it calibrated!

What kind of remote and receiver do you use? Everything has been posted on this site more than once.
Radiolink! Amazing for the price, especially if you have multiple rigs since rx is only 20$ and you can have like 30 rigs on one radio. 😎 👍

I got it calibrated!
It definitely was not getting to full throttle! The blinking green light never stopped blinking. Now it does and it’s ballooning the
MX43 tires ! Not much but more than before.
Now I guess I’ll go out and blow a few diffs🤣 Thanks guys! 667 is all I needed.
Maybe take off the pinion instead of keeping the wheels off the ground ;)
You could just hook up castle link and check the logs if you are or aren't getting full throttle signal before you try to re-calibrate.

ps. I got the xlx2-2028-1100kv in my fireteam. I don't use spectrum radio though
What gear are you running? I bet it throws that Fireteam around like it’s nothing. Hell it throws this thing and it weighs over 30lbs.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back