Kraton Stock ESC and Castle 2028 motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to return the castle motor because it's getting a bit up there if I go with xlx2 (another $270+225 motor.) I'm thinking to go with the new Max 5 g2 esc, which motor should I go with and which Kv (something with 8mil connectors)? I'm in FL so the cooler it runs the better.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to return the castle motor because it's getting a bit up there if I go with xlx2 (another $270+225 motor.) I'm thinking to go with the new Max 5 g2 esc, which motor should I go with and which Kv (something with 8mil connectors)? I'm in FL so the cooler it runs the better.
I’d think about 12S if heat is a primary concern.

Leopard, Hobbystar, and TP all carry 12S-capable motors in the 700kv range. That 800kv Castle you have is a very popular 12S motor.

So keep the castle motor and get the max5 g2? Trying to stay with 8s set up though

So keep the castle motor and get the max5 g2? Trying to stay with 8s set up though
That’s what I’d do unless the $50 difference for a cheaper motor doesn’t fit the budget.

That Castle motor is very good.

Hobbywing makes an adapter cable so you can run the castle motor in sensored mode with the max5 g2.

Last edited:
Which motor mount for the castle motor do I need?

Arrma 56 mount will work with 39/39 set up? Just confirming

Where do you leave? Hot climate? Any heat issues/cogging?

It will run cooler on 12s vs 8s?
It's not always black and white, but in general, yes. Ohm's law tells us that watts = volts x amps. And amps lead to heat build up.

So, you can achieve the same power (watts) by using less current (amps) if you increase voltage.

For some basic napkin math, let's say that 2028 can produce 10,000 watts (total guess). Let's also say 8S equates to 32 volts and 12S equates to 48 volts.

10,000W / 32V = 313 amps required on 8S

10,000W / 48V = 208 amps required on 12S (and therefore less heat)

There are other factors but that's the gist of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back