Kraton Kraton 8s castle Mmx8s or XLX2 1717 or 2028

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Marz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi rc crew ....

So I've got this second hand kraton 8s,

It came with a popped esc ....

I'm curious whether the Xlx2 is necessary.. or if the Mmx8s is sufficient as an esc ....

Is the 1717 sufficient or should I go for a 2028 .... is the Mmx8s capable of giving decent power to a 2028 ...

Thank you for any assistance in the matter

The 1717 is definitely not sufficient. Castle sells an mmx8s + 2028 800kv combo for use with 8s rigs and they specifically mention the kraton 8s. The xlx2 would definitely handle it easier and run cooler though.

Are you stuck on Castle for the motor choice?

There are other options that are bigger than a 1717 but not as heavy/expensive as a 2028. Hobbywing, TP, Leopard, Surpass, Hobbystar, etc. all make motors around 5690 in size.

The 1717 is definitely not sufficient. Castle sells an mmx8s + 2028 800kv combo for use with 8s rigs and they specifically mention the kraton 8s. The xlx2 would definitely handle it easier and run cooler though.
Awesome stuff bro ... thank you kindly ... ill definitely go for the 2028 ... BTW I've seen your YouTube... keep up the awesome footage.
Are you stuck on Castle for the motor choice?

There are other options that are bigger than a 1717 but not as heavy/expensive as a 2028. Hobbywing, TP, Leopard, Surpass, Hobbystar, etc. all make motors around 5690 in size.
Yeah I am stuck on castle .... what ive put my castle equipment through non of the others seem to have managed ...

I know it's a little more expensive but I would rather spend that knowing I shouldn't have issues and if I do castles is more than ready to send out replacements .

Yeah I am stuck on castle .... what ive put my castle equipment through non of the others seem to have managed ...

I know it's a little more expensive but I would rather spend that knowing I shouldn't have issues and if I do castles is more than ready to send out replacements .
Yeah I'm a Castle fan too. I just wish they made a lighter weight motor between the 1717 and 2028. (1721 doesn't count for bashing IMO).

Awesome stuff bro ... thank you kindly ... ill definitely go for the 2028 ... BTW I've seen your YouTube... keep up the awesome footage.

Thanks! personally I'm a fan of castle esc and tp motor combo.
Yeah I'm a Castle fan too. I just wish they made a lighter weight motor between the 1717 and 2028. (1721 doesn't count for bashing IMO).
Tp 5670 and 5680 are both lighter than the castle 2028 😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back