Outcast/Kraton (Max5 G2 combo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Firma 800kv motor identical to the HW 56113 800kv aside from the temp port and color?
I'm with @dure16 .. can't say for sure, I'd bet it is though. Since HW has discontinued the 56113 and introduced the 56118 with temp sensor, they seem to have stopped giving power ratings (watts) I've noticed.. Spektrum is claiming "3000 watts or more" which is kinda weak compared to say a HW 5687 which was climed around 5700 watts(before being discontinued)..
It's hard to know what the real numbers are, continuous, peak.. heck, I saw the Firma 2050 (4074) advertised at 5000 watts on Specktrum's site.. that's gotta be peak?!

leopard seems like an option, but I’ve not checked all in prices compared to the 56113/8 i want(ed). I’m semi confident in bashing them based on what I’ve seen on YouTube and am trying to avoid as much headache as possible. *knowing headaches are in order*

leopard seems like an option, but I’ve not checked all in prices compared to the 56113/8 i want(ed). I’m semi confident in bashing them based on what I’ve seen on YouTube and am trying to avoid as much headache as possible. *knowing headaches are in order*
I would assume leopard is higher quality than hobbywing and they're definitely not cheaper. 58113 SL is 220$ vs 190$ for sensored hobbywing. I'd probably pick the leopard motor tbh lol.

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-5-scale.html

I would assume leopard is higher quality than hobbywing and they're definitely not cheaper. 58113 SL is 220$ vs 190$ for sensored hobbywing. I'd probably pick the leopard motor tbh lol.

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-5-scale.html
TP seems reasonable from what I've seen in the 6s line?
im trying to stay at 56mm diameter to ensure the KC fan mounts fit properly. Having cooling fins/veins on the motor i believe is a must as well. The HW 118mm really threw my planning off a bit. If I had to bet on myself, I’d say I’ll buy the HW 56118 and M2c bell crank and just make it work

TP seems reasonable from what I've seen in the 6s line?
Man you know I love TP!! I'd pick the TP motor 9 times out of 10 but I don't always recommend it because sometimes it just makes less sense for people. He made it seem like money was an issue and the leopard is already more expensive than the hobbywing. The TP equivalent is 250$ for a 56112mm. It sure would outperform the other 2 though :cool:

im trying to stay at 56mm diameter to ensure the KC fan mounts fit properly. Having cooling fins/veins on the motor i believe is a must as well. The HW 118mm really threw my planning off a bit. If I had to bet on myself, I’d say I’ll buy the HW 56118 and M2c bell crank and just make it work
it's really not a must =P

https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_71_145&product_id=500

Ignore what the site says, it's 56112mm

Buying the m2c bellcrank would definitely be the easy option!!

Man you know I love TP!! I'd pick the TP motor 9 times out of 10 but I don't always recommend it because sometimes it just makes less sense for people. He made it seem like money was an issue and the leopard is already more expensive than the hobbywing. The TP equivalent is 250$ for a 56112mm. It sure would outperform the other 2 though :cool:
30-40 dollars more isn’t going to make or break me. If I’m in the realm of a HW then a few extra bucks for something that works, fits, and is reliable is worth it for me

30-40 dollars more isn’t going to make or break me. If I’m in the realm of a HW then a few extra bucks for something that works, fits, and is reliable is worth it for me
You did see the newly announced HW 5690? I don't know what your goal or budget is. Sorry if I muddied the waters.

it's really not a must =P

https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_71_145&product_id=500

Ignore what the site says, it's 56112mm

Buying the m2c bellcrank would definitely be the easy option!!
I guess a TP 5670 isn't enough? LOL! $185?

With a Max5 G1? How do you fit a 112mm motor with the wires coming out the back of the motor?
originally I had a max 5 g1 but now it's an xlx2. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure it fits with the stock bellcrank in the outcast 8s. I have the m2c bellcrank before the new one they just came out with. I think you need an aftermarket bellcrank, even the gpm one which I have in my kraton 8s.

1692930357713.png

YES MY BRACE IS BENT!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

originally I had a max 5 g1 but now it's an xlx2. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure it fits with the stock bellcrank in the outcast 8s. I have the m2c bellcrank before the new one they just came out with. I think you need an aftermarket bellcrank, even the gpm one which I have in my kraton 8s.

View attachment 318939
YES MY BRACE IS BENT!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yo, I think the banana in the picture is pretty ripe, it’s getting red and s**t 😳!!!

That motor is on my list of special tp motors because it preforms amazingly and runs cool af and is 12s capable. The 1100kv kv version seems to also be special.

Can we get the whole list??
4070 1700KV - One of the smoothest motors I've tried and it runs cool. Seriously, it damn near feels and sounds sensored. First tp motor I bought more than once 🤣.

4080CM 2022KV - big block power in a lighter can and it runs cool. I run this in my talion XXL after I took out the heavier 5660 and it has more power!

5680/5860 1070kv - Runs cool, seriously. Probably the coolest running big block I've tried. I ran wheelies up and down the street in my o8s last night with a 8200 pack and never saw temps above 100f with 75f ambient. Geared 39/47. The 1150kv version seems to be similar to an extent. I have it in a limitless v1 geared 36/40 and I can bash with that gearing the whole pack. Actually exploded my first center diff with this setup recently 🤣

5870 750kv is a beast too and my 12s motor of choice.

Last edited:
4070 1700KV - One of the smoothest motors I've tried and it runs cool. Seriously, it damn near feels and sounds sensored. First tp motor I bought more than once 🤣.

4080CM 2022KV - big block power in a lighter can and it runs cool. I run this in my talion XXL after I took out the heavier 5660.

5680/5860 1070kv - Runs cool, seriously. Probably the coolest running big block I've tried. I ran wheelies up and down the street in my o8s last night with a 8200 pack and never saw temps about 100f with 75f ambient. Geared 39/47. The 1150kv version seems to be similar to an extent. I have it in a limitless v1 geared 36/40 and I can bash with that gearing the whole pack. Actually exploded my first center diff with this setup recently 🤣

5870 750kv is a beast too and my 12s motor of choice.
Thanks! Have you tried the new 1721 1260kv?

Thanks! Have you tried the new 1721 1260kv?
No but I sure was tempted to try that in my xrt. I remember I saw a video of someone with it in an xmaxx iirc and I can't remember what it was but something made me change my mind on it from that video lol. I think I rather get the 2028 for something like an XRT or Kraton 8s. I bet that 1721 would be great in an on road rig though.

No but I sure was tempted to try that in my xrt. I remember I saw a video of someone with it in an xmaxx iirc and I can't remember what it was but something made me change my mind on it from that video lol. I think I rather get the 2028 for something like an XRT or Kraton 8s. I bet that 1721 would be great in an on road rig though.
I put the 1721 in my kraton 6S last week. Seems great so far. It's a good size for a little more oomph than a 1717 without going too heavy.

You did see the newly announced HW 5690? I don't know what your goal or budget is. Sorry if I muddied the waters.

I guess a TP 5670 isn't enough? LOL! $185?
I was trying to stick with 800kv because I run mostly on grass with beefy tires which tends to heat up my components quite a bit. I’m stock now with 21t pinion since the 23t sent my temps higher than I liked. I figured by going 800kv it was the best way ti move this rig.

Now that I looked at leopard and TP it seems like I can get a can in the range of 750kv-950kv that also meets the length requirement for the car. Hard for me to let go of the HW combo w/ m2c esc adapter, steering bell crank, etc because of the value of the HW

I was trying to stick with 800kv because I run mostly on grass with beefy tires which tends to heat up my components quite a bit. I’m stock now with 21t pinion since the 23t sent my temps higher than I liked. I figured by going 800kv it was the best way ti move this rig.

Now that I looked at leopard and TP it seems like I can get a can in the range of 750kv-950kv that also meets the length requirement for the car. Hard for me to let go of the HW combo w/ m2c esc adapter, steering bell crank, etc because of the value of the HW
Gotcha. I wonder how much kv has to do with it though. I mean, 800 to 1100kv isn't alot. Easily compensated for by a gearing change. Total power (watts) is likely gonna make the difference between hot or not I would think? Not disagreeing by any means, just curious more than anything. What's the max length that fits a stock truck?

Well, I just found this.. talk about value! Dang, wish I had an EXB to throw it into!!
https://www.amazon.com/KingVal-Repl...mzn1.fos.d977788f-1483-4f76-90a3-786e4cdc8f10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230825-160744_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230825-160744_Samsung Internet.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back