Max6 esc longevity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
In terms of long-term use besides a new fan how long can this be expected to last with the blx stock motor? I don't have a need for a coke can as the stock suites my bashing needs. Stock esc gave up the ghost with its 4 blinking lights... Thanks. Just looking for other esc options at this point. Anyone had theirs for 5+ years?

Max6 has 6.5mm plugs. Stock motor is 4mm. If you want to go Max6 it will need some modifications to the motor connectors. As far as longevity...as long as you don't overheat it a ton it should last a long time......years. Max8 would be the similar replacement. Do you run 6s all the time?

One I have ran a 4985 for 1.5 years and has been running a 5687 monster can almost a year now and just recently started to hiccup. But these are big motors with extremely tall gearing. So with a stock motor a very very long time. Hobbywing max 6 is probably the most reliable esc I know of for the scale

Thanks man. Good to know. The stocker was 110 degrees when it quit. Its on from my v2 OC.
One I have ran a 4985 for 1.5 years and has been running a 5687 monster can almost a year now and just recently started to hiccup. But these are big motors with extremely tall gearing. So with a stock motor a very very long time. Hobbywing max 6 is probably the most reliable esc I know of for the scale

Max6 has 6.5mm plugs. Stock motor is 4mm. If you want to go Max6 it will need some modifications to the motor connectors. As far as longevity...as long as you don't overheat it a ton it should last a long time......years. Max8 would be the similar replacement. Do you run 6s all the time?
I figured I'd need to solder new connections. No prob there
Stock up on fans lol they never lasted long at all.
Yea man. I plan to fab another fan onto the max6. Not waisting time on the stock fan as I see that to be the main failure point.

Throw a Cap Pack on the new ESC. It sounds like you’re only bashing with the car but it won’t hurt to install one. Cheap and easy.
No doubt I would’ve killed both BLX 185’s I have in a Kraton and Infraction without a pack.

If it makes you feel more comfortable. I have hit thermal on the esc on the high setting at least 100 times... like to the point of turning it off and on just to cook it down for another min or two of run time... I really abused it.😂

Throw a Cap Pack on the new ESC. It sounds like you’re only bashing with the car but it won’t hurt to install one. Cheap and easy.
No doubt I would’ve killed both BLX 185’s I have in a Kraton and Infraction without a pack.
So you think that is what caused it? Guess that makes sense. I was thinking too much amp draw which is pretty much along the same lines.
If it makes you feel more comfortable. I have hit thermal on the esc on the high setting at least 100 times... like to the point of turning it off and on just to cook it down for another min or two of run time... I really abused it.😂
Sold 😆

So you think that is what caused it? Guess that makes sense. I was thinking too much amp draw which is pretty much along the same lines.

Sold 😆
Possibly…….. On the Kraton with the BLX iv geared it to the eyeballs and hit 80mph, Bashed with big arse Louise MT tyres and have hit thermal (160*F) multiple times……… sprayed it down with Electrical contact cleaner to cool it down and sent it back on its way 🤣🤦‍♂️
Without the pack she’d be dead.

Possibly…….. On the Kraton with the BLX iv geared it to the eyeballs and hit 80mph, Bashed with big arse Louise MT tyres and have hit thermal (160*F) multiple times……… sprayed it down with Electrical contact cleaner to cool it down and sent it back on its way 🤣🤦‍♂️
Without the pack she’d be dead.
Right on. Now idk what to do lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back