Minty smelling tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I recently ran my Kraton in the morning mist. Anyways I checked my tyres for rips and one felt heavier so I squished it and something started to bubble out of the inner wheel and gave off a old minty smell.
Am I okay?
This is a fresh issue. We can spear(mint) the problem though I wouldn't want to pepper(mint) the thread with random jokes! We can all be men(thol) about this issue.

Nothing to add but bad jokes I'm afraid :)

There are vents?
The holes in the wheel (rims). When running water and sand can get out due to centrifugal force. A lot of guys tape (cover) them a make holes in the tires, which lets water and sand out easier than through the wheel holes.
The holes also let’s air in and out which act as a cushion when landing from jumps.
FWIW, since I tend to keep all 4 wheels on the ground (fine sand) and don’t want water and sand in the wheels I covered the wheel holes and did not vent the tires. But I belong to the minority in this case 😄. So far so good (belted tires)🤞🤞

The holes in the wheel (rims). When running water and sand can get out due to centrifugal force. A lot of guys tape (cover) them a make holes in the tires, which lets water and sand out easier than through the wheel holes.
The holes also let’s air in and out which act as a cushion when landing from jumps.
FWIW, since I tend to keep all 4 wheels on the ground (fine sand) and don’t want water and sand in the wheels I covered the wheel holes and did not vent the tires. But I belong to the minority in this case 😄. So far so good (belted tires)🤞🤞
So when the kraton isn't broken (I still don't know how or why it breaks) I like to do jumps or run it through the snow or gravel. Should I do anything to the tyres?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back