MMX8S vs XLX2??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
Ok so I have been really thinking bout dropping this XLX2 into my speed run infraction. I would like to hear some pros and cons if I were to do so.

Next thing, if I was to do so. Would I need to solder on the 8ga motor wires to replace the 10ga that’s already on my 1717-1650kv motor? I know I’ll need to solder the 8mm bullets on the wires as well.

If I would have a more efficient setup running the XLX2 paired with the 1717-1650 motor then I will really consider it. Then I’ll just put the MMX8S and my 2028-800kv in my 1/5th Kraton.

Give me some of your thoughts guys.

Ehhhhhh. I may not be helpful here. I ran the MMX8S on 8s with a 2028 800kv castle in a Losi DBXL(converted from gas). I ran a 21 tooth pinion and a 61T spur. This combo was good for 52MPH on pavement. Having said that, the MMX8S performed flawlessly. Lvc is set for 3.4vpc. Temps on everything were always around 140s after a full romp.....except the driveshafts....they were hotAF!

Today I run a XLX2 with the same 2028 motor. Same settings as before, however with the XLX2 hitting lvc acted more like my vehicle was cogging. It was very strange.

I don't have the luxury of coming anywhere close to 1:1. The largest pinion I can swing is 24t. Speed wise, I'm happy in the lower 50s. Depending on how you gear yours, I see no reason not to run the MMX8s / 2028 in the 1/5 Kra.

This is a MMX8S log from the DBXL
1611529854722 (1).png

"Next thing, if I was to do so. Would I need to solder on the 8ga motor wires to replace the 10ga that’s already on my 1717-1650kv motor? I know I’ll need to solder the 8mm bullets on the wires as well."

No. Yes on the 8mm bullets.

Last edited:
Ok so I have been really thinking bout dropping this XLX2 into my speed run infraction. I would like to hear some pros and cons if I were to do so.

Next thing, if I was to do so. Would I need to solder on the 8ga motor wires to replace the 10ga that’s already on my 1717-1650kv motor? I know I’ll need to solder the 8mm bullets on the wires as well.

If I would have a more efficient setup running the XLX2 paired with the 1717-1650 motor then I will really consider it. Then I’ll just put the MMX8S and my 2028-800kv in my 1/5th Kraton.

Give me some of your thoughts guys.
Yes for sure run the XLX2. No you don’t need to replace the wires to the motor as they are AC and don’t have the same amount of current going over them, so 10awg is fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back