Mojave Mo powa baby! (1100kv build)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poop, u should see me in a real car! Wanna sh1t ur pants then hop in and buckle up! Hahahaha

might be time for exb diffs brother.i just ordered me soon.8s is where it's at.u must do video of your reaction to mo power baby!!!see what happens.curious if they will take it or not

Ooooh yea!! Def gonna push 8s soon! Just geared up from 1:1 to 1.1:1. (44/40)!! Sh1ts bout to get real fellas!
ACFD1B01-9A88-4380-A948-045770B04C54.jpeg
9BC8EBD3-C81E-4A36-A73C-5121D6EC1B96.jpeg
67788BC9-973F-4D35-92D8-A7C08C5F59A2.jpeg

monster pinion!! Plenty of clearance!! Depending on how this one goes I may be ordering the 46t tomorrow!! Hahahaha.
if those MEXB diffs will fit in my vitavon & HR bulkheads then yes the GP4’s will be installed to handle the hot load! Lol.
hope everyone enjoying the holidays safe and healthy.

237462EF-328F-4495-A181-1612E4B4221F.jpeg

Yea she’s taken a beatin over the last 6mo lol.
so ran her 6s w the 44t. Wow! Straight as an arrow. Finally confirmed 80mph club. Hoping 8s gains me membership into the arrma100 club lol.
34C16265-B207-45CC-87B9-502775B8404E.jpeg

Are you planning on getting smaller tires? I'd think those provide more stability, and maybe a higher top speed (with a higher gearing)

Are you planning on getting smaller tires? I'd think those provide more stability, and maybe a higher top speed (with a higher gearing)
I thought since lower rpm motor geared to the moon like this would benefit from a larger wheel? Which wheel would u suggest for speed runs like this. I may be mistaken bout the size then.

Yea she’s taken a beatin over the last 6mo lol.
so ran her 6s w the 44t. Wow! Straight as an arrow. Finally confirmed 80mph club. Hoping 8s gains me membership into the arrma100 club lol.View attachment 116811

At 80 mph are you topped out on motor RPM? You are now operating in aerodynamic territory. That means drag increases with the square of speed - roughly. If you are power limited (not hitting max RPM) if it takes 10hp to hit 80 mph it may take 20 to hit 100.

That means the best way to find more speed is to reduce drag. Slam that thing on the ground for starters but a more aerodynamic (smaller cross section) body will gain you a lot once you top out speed with gearing. At some point you won’t be able to throw enough power or gear at it to go any faster with that huge brick of a body on it.

Smaller wheels = lower. Also, most fast RTRs have small wheels, so I'd think smaller wheels = more speed

Smaller wheels = lower. Also, most fast RTRs have small wheels, so I'd think smaller wheels = more speed

But smaller wheels/tires also means lower final drive ratio - so to compensate he will need to gear up with a larger pinion or a smaller spur. Looks like he has an insane pinion already, so to run smaller wheels/tires a smaller spur gear (probably with a spool) will be the way to go.

You aren't wrong in terms of smaller wheels and lower ground clearance being a good idea but gearing will need to be adjusted to compensate.

I think there is a special site in wich you can put all the gear ratios, wheel diameters and motor kv, and it would calculate a theoretical top speed

I think there is a special site in wich you can put all the gear ratios, wheel diameters and motor kv, and it would calculate a theoretical top speed

True - but it does not include rolling resistance and most importantly aerodynamic drag. It won't tell you if you can actually hit that speed.

Besides - these tires will probably explode before that. :D

'theoretical'.

I wonder, is there any way to make a SCT body more aerodynamic? Or do you need to get a different type of body for that?

221D40E8-69C3-4742-8FCE-27BB48FA616B.png

I use these wheels to prevent tire failure. I’ve got about 20 speed passes on em they are still in great shape! Definitely going to slam her back down and see if top speed improved. I’ve gotta be at max rpm I was think. Not much changed between the 40 to 44 pinion. Maybe the senton/typhon/limitless straight cut diff gears will gain me more top speed.
will 8s make a difference at this point if I’m maxed out gearing wise? I wanted to hit 80 which I’ve finally reached that goal but now I’m thirsty for 100! Lol. She’s a big girl so it’s insane watching and hearing her hit 80! Lol.

'theoretical'.

I wonder, is there any way to make a SCT body more aerodynamic? Or do you need to get a different type of body for that?

Fundamentally no, the cross section and shape of the front of that body is what it is. Ideally you want a body that is shaped more like a .50 caliber bullet than a brick. ? Something less square, less high, and less wide in the front will be more aerodynamic. If possible seal as best you can so that air can’t get up inside the body. You don’t want any big streams of high pressure air getting inside the body. The Mojave has vents behind the cab to prevent parachuting, but it’s better to minimize the air getting up under there. Any extra screw holes in the chassis should be filled. It’s easiest to slap a sheet of clear vinyl over the chassis to make it smooth and not have any air leaks.

It is important to get the body lower

Body is on the lowest setting. I’m gonna drop her to the ground too. I’ve got lexan strips I was gonna seal off the windshield and windows. Should I also consider those grp wheels? Not sure if they come in 3.8.. I feel 2.8 are just too small...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back