Mojave Mo powa baby! (1100kv build)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta stop w this assgrabbin and just do it! Had an RPM wing laying around. Just happen to fit nice and snuggy on the tbones rear! Shaved a little here and there but I’m kinda diggin it!
497CFDA1-54B5-4BFB-A7CB-2509EE41ED0A.jpeg
7721D2F0-74B3-4EC5-9841-94772B223595.jpeg
178ACEFD-FCF6-49B4-A493-461D1F09FFFA.jpeg
EBB49C25-7A4E-450C-87E4-5758A07ED270.jpeg
6FABAC23-57F9-4FE8-A99D-7C1BA57129ED.jpeg

Now you even got even ME checking the weather in NYC.
Seems you got the exact same temps today as over here (35F-38F) even though there's about 6.000 kilometers distance (most of it a big lake:ROFLMAO:)
So, cooling won't be a problem, all you have to do is don't crash :ROFLMAO:
I'll be waiting for the fastest Mojave...
Drama Popcorn GIF

Damnit freezing!! Lipos are all topped and balanced. Screaming to be let loose! GoPro ready! Just gimme 45 degrees and I’m going for it.

Hell yes, that looks MUCH better. Great work, I am glad to see you with a setup that I am fairly confident will not take flight and nail you in the head. :D
That diffuser looks awesome! That should keep it sucked to the ground. I wonder if it will generate enough downforce to bottom out? Can't wait to see/hear about your testing and results. You will probably want to test with and without the diffuser, as if it generates a noticeable amount of downforce it will come along with additional drag. This induced drag from downforce is a good thing on a race car that needs downforce to turn, but for speed running you don't want to generate too much downforce - just enough to keep it on the ground. I'd do a pass with it and a pass without it and find out what works better.

Your big issue has been addressed, which was you had far too much air coming in the front and it would have certainly generated lift at high speed. Everything you did up to the diffuser was a good move for speed and safety. I'm not sure if the diffuser will help or hurt, but it's a great idea to test it.

Last edited:
Y’all got me too moist so I had to have a go at it!! Sun shining, a brisk 27 degrees out... lipo topped off and balanced...

first run lost sight of her and lost my cool rear diffuser ( 3m double sided tape don't like cold). Luckily no crash. Ended up in the grass.
Second, third , and fourth run she was all over the place!
turns out I lost the rear diff at the first pass lol. Had no idea til I was home and noticed free spinning rear wheel...
have no idea what I’m doing wrong w the gnss but I gotta learn how to use it. Best pass was first one at 78

Once again, no editing skills or equipment. But here is footage.
Front wheel drive speed runs!! Lmao
68B7DE2C-69D6-4348-B86F-280C1E4423CC.jpeg
1A2EFEAF-3E05-4795-8CFC-66BBAFDDDC16.jpeg

U can hear the front wheels spinning as I’m grabbing top end! Tires grip like a mofo!

That sounds the nuts on a full tilt flypast MFM!
How about binning the rear bumper for speed runs? Thinking air that gets in ye want fired straight oot the back, just gotta let er breathe! And try no tae back it into the scenery at high speed!

Last edited:
I should’ve know something was up... had to trim and re trim the steering. Previous runs (4wheel drive on src belted tires) were straight as an arrow!
I am very impressed w the grip in a straight line and stopping!!
I felt like since they’re smaller dia than the sweeps belted that I lost some up top but it was cold and front wheel wheel drive lol.
So, just ordered me a set of infraction/felony diffs!! They are 42/15 straight cut vs spiral cut 43/10...Just gonna use em for the title run and that’s it!! Maybe ;-)
So back to the lab once again. Gonna pop out diffs and find out why/how she failed!
Gotta read the manual on the damn satélite gnss. I was only getting real time telemetry it wasn’t recording...
never ends!!

Anyone care to guess what happened to rear diff!?! Lol.

Damn pin inside diff snapped in two. Both sides! The rear was well overdue for a service. Did the front not too long ago... gonna shelf her til the 2.8s final drive diffs come;-). Supposed to snow here tomorrow so I’ve some time in the lab! Got a few goodies in the mail today for my stretched talion and senton 6s;-). I’ve got no problems beasting the talion in the snow;-). I’ll keep y’all updated on this thread ;-).
6602B357-3ED5-4D4D-B1C6-430AC8B7E393.jpeg
E35746B1-F01A-4C31-89F5-CDB1B41BAA00.jpeg

The power u got now ,might time to make some stronger ones out of strong steel drill bits.ive seen some old threads on how it's done on this forum. Weight is now becoming a factor. Weight+power=breaking weak links in drivetrain

Damn pin inside diff snapped in two. Both sides! The rear was well overdue for a service. Did the front not too long ago... gonna shelf her til the 2.8s final drive diffs come;-). Supposed to snow here tomorrow so I’ve some time in the lab! Got a few goodies in the mail today for my stretched talion and senton 6s;-). I’ve got no problems beasting the talion in the snow;-). I’ll keep y’all updated on this thread ;-). View attachment 122486View attachment 122487

I see your external shims on the left with at least one folded up pretty good. Looks like you may not have had that diff seated properly in the housing. I think you are lucky it's just a pin. You are in the states so you can order the drill blanks from McMaster Carr and make yourself stronger pins.

I would also remove that huge rear bumper. It's a bit of a parachute. Granted, you don't have a lot of air up under the body, but for a speed runner I would take that off and if you run anything, just a diffuser.

I see your external shims on the left with at least one folded up pretty good. Looks like you may not have had that diff seated properly in the housing. I think you are lucky it's just a pin. You are in the states so you can order the drill blanks from McMaster Carr and make yourself stronger pins.

I would also remove that huge rear bumper. It's a bit of a parachute. Granted, you don't have a lot of air up under the body, but for a speed runner I would take that off and if you run anything, just a diffuser.
I biffed up the shims getting her out of the bulkhead lol.
what size drill blank should I use? I’ve got the m2c hardened diff cups that I’m going to use on the new fresh diffs
Tbones bumper is massive! She’s holding to the road nicely.
damn I can’t wait til I can turn her back into the all terrain beast! This speed run business is risky and frustrating at times lol

Would it be possible to install a spool in rear??when I speedrun my rear tires are 20 degrees hotter than front.that tells me most of the power being put to the ground throu the rear.it would be more efficient to get rid of diff for spool i would think

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back