My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're a German? Then you know jack šŸ’© of what's going on here.
Rest assured. I know more about your politics than probably 98% of Americans. But then I don't watch CNN etc. I actually watch original footage from your congress.

Being foreign, you have no business commenting on the matter.
Vietnam, Laos, Korea, Dominican Civil war, Korean DMZ conflict, Cambodia, Grenada, Panama, Sarajevo - comes to mind that's who meddling there???? Have not even touched Africa. Benghasi? Recent years over the whole continent of Africa?? Check your facts about USA messing in other peoples countries vs. beeing informed. Not beeing informed allows governments to mess up.

Step up your game. Need to become better than just cancelling and beeing rude. That's Karen stuff. You can do better!

Wonder why is there no 46 on this raw-power super best rig? Do I have to change it to 47 at the end of the year or just keep 45.

20230101_153642.jpg

Last edited:
Rest assured. I know more about your politics than probably 98% of Americans. But then I don't watch CNN etc. I actually watch original footage from your congress.

Vietnam, Laos, Korea, Dominican Civil war, Korean DMZ conflict, Cambodia, Grenada, Panama, Sarajevo - comes to mind that's who meddling there???? Have not even touched Africa. Benghasi? Recent years over the whole continent of Africa?? Check your facts about USA messing in other peoples countries vs. beeing informed. Not beeing informed allows governments to mess up.

Step up your game. Need to become better than just cancelling and beeing rude. That's Karen stuff. You can do better!
I won't act like I really know what's going on past the tip of my nose, but I definitely get the sentiment that our gov is disliked by many people abroad.. makes sense, they're overstepping here, I can imagine how off putting it is when they stick it where it doesn't belong outside it's own borders..

I believe it, people forget how involved we were in occupied West Germany. Germans have better American History because of how you were directly effected. The reason the world hates us is pretty evident in the 1970-1980s bullshit we pulled in the middle east. Not even covered by our education system. We live in a plastic bubble in the United States and very few venture out into the world to see the truth.

I think Austria has better beer and Swiss are only good at Fondu.

I believe it, people forget how involved we were in occupied West Germany. Germans have better American History because of how you were directly effected. The reason the world hates us is pretty evident in the 1970-1980s bullshit we pulled in the middle east. Not even covered by our education system. We live in a plastic bubble in the United States and very few venture out into the world to see the truth.

I think Austria has better beer and Swiss are only good at Fondu.
Thank God there are Americans! Otherwise you guys would be speaking German now! And that is certainly no joke. (For those who don't know history - think about it.) If there had been no Pearl Harbour attack the USA would not have joined the war. Pretty twisted how that attack kind of saved the world.

Last edited:

Wonder why is there no 46 on this raw-power super best rig? Do I have to change it to 47 at the end of the year or just keep 45.

View attachment 363644
I never said my country doesn't meddle. Bush and Iraq rings a bell. I've already said I don't watch News Entertainment. I loathe that crap. Hell, I even put up a post about News Entertainment in the funny thread. Guess what network. MSNBC. An older friend of mine watches that crap and I took a snapshot of their usual junk. If she leaves it on too long and makes that the main visit time, I leave. Happened to catch them with both their eyes closed in the pic, so I made a post with it. I can't stand extreme right or left politics. Propaganda. Dan B is right that most Americans (including myself) are clueless of what goes on in other countries. I did not know that was happening in Germany....but it doesn't surprise me, because I DO know (overall) that this is happening all over the planet. People are not seeing things with a bird's eye view. Mostly here, I see right wing BS. It's much bigger than any one party. I've been TRYING to tell a handful here, that the conservatives are only hastening the problem. Democrats let it happen, then lie that they're improving things. I flipped Biden (the television) the bird when he was making his State of the Union speech, claiming this and that. Lies. All I've been trying to say, is that the left at least has SOME semblance of right and wrong. They at least have people like Robert Reich who DOES say it like it is. But don't get me wrong, even he makes MONEY telling the truth, right along with the media. That's their only motivation. So really, as far as benevolence...he's no better than Mark Dice. At least he doesn't make an incredible @$$ of himself like Mark Dice. But all of it is a joke. Everyone is either complacent, or vindictive. For quite some time, all I've seen from the conservative side is selfishness, hatred, and downright evil. They're narrowed down in an angry stupor. It's dangerous.

I never said my country doesn't meddle. Bush and Iraq rings a bell. I've already said I don't watch News Entertainment. I loathe that crap. Hell, I even put up a post about News Entertainment in the funny thread. Guess what network. MSNBC. An older friend of mine watches that crap and I took a snapshot of their usual junk. If she leaves it on too long and makes that the main visit time, I leave. Happened to catch them with both their eyes closed in the pic, so I made a post with it. I can't stand extreme right or left politics. Propaganda. Dan B is right that most Americans (including myself) are clueless of what goes on in other countries. I did not know that was happening in Germany....but it doesn't surprise me, because I DO know (overall) that this is happening all over the planet. People are not seeing things with a bird's eye view. Mostly here, I see right wing BS. It's much bigger than any one party. I've been TRYING to tell a handful here, that the conservatives are only hastening the problem. Democrats let it happen, then lie that they're improving things. I flipped Biden (the television) the bird when he was making his State of the Union speech, claiming this and that. Lies. All I've been trying to say, is that the left at least has SOME semblance of right and wrong. They at least have people like Robert Reich who DOES say it like it is. But don't get me wrong, even he makes MONEY telling the truth, right along with the media. That's their only motivation. So really, as far as benevolence...he's no better than Mark Dice. At least he doesn't make an incredible @$$ of himself like Mark Dice. But all of it is a joke. Everyone is either complacent, or vindictive. For quite some time, all I've seen from the conservative side is selfishness, hatred, and downright evil. They're narrowed down in an angry stupor. It's dangerous.
Agreed. And maybe too far left for you to appreciate, but Bernie Sanders (the Brooklyn Jew who now resides in Vermont) just called for the complete end to military aid for Israel. God bless him. Heā€™s getting old, but I will by God miss him when he no longer represents my state. He is one of the very few left who has stuck to his guns for decades and doesnā€™t subscribe to the paradigm of BS that affects us all. Agree or not with his policies.

Sometimes I think I can talk about politics without taking sides or getting too political. So yeah, maybe Iā€™m not the sharpest tool in the shedā€¦ If you donā€™t want to read some sad, depressing stuff you should go back to some RC content.
That said, wanna know what I think? And I ainā€™t taking sides. Honest.
History will recall this age as the decline of the United States as a superpower, and may even remember it being the end of us as being any kind of power at all. Itā€™s sad, but I donā€™t believe either our politicians or our population have the ability to pull us out of the toilet, and the handle has already been pushed to flush. Weā€™re circling the drain.
Members of neither side of the political system can pull their collective heads from a specific orifice long enough to wake up and smell the toilet bowl cleaner and believe whatever brown bits they choose to swallow as they swirl all around us.
What do people think might happen if we had to relive the past? What might happen if Japan attacked Pearl Harbor tomorrow? Do you think Americans of fighting age today would flood the enlistment offices and go forth to protect our country and our way of life? I donā€™t. I think most of the gun nuts on the right would probably just barricade themselves in their houses/compounds and say ā€œcome and get me, invaders!ā€, which the invaders would then certainly do, and I think many of those on the left would probably just roll over, wondering why we all canā€™t just get along.
Itā€™s too bad that most Americans have never visited a dirt poor third-world country, or tried to actually understand a culture beyond what food they were being served or the level of service in their hotel accommodations. Not since the United States of America became a thing have we ever had an aggressor land on our shores in wartime. Weā€™ve never had to worry about being bombed out of our homes, of being starved by our enemies, of facing serious consequences like torture and/or death for criticizing our government. The vast majority of cultures on the rest of the planet have experienced these things at one time or another, and that provides perspective. And thatā€™s one thing we just ainā€™t got none of as a population.
We are a very, very young country. Weā€™re not even 250 years old yet, but hurl insults at countries and cultures that are thousands of years old without even the most basic understanding of their cultures or religions. Because we think itā€™s humorous? Sad. We Americans have achieved, in a shockingly short amount of time, the rise to the top of the heap as the most powerful nation on earth and are somehow managing just as rapid a decline. Weā€™re too fat, happy, and complacent. Our education system is laughable and we are raising the dumbest most unprepared kids in history who have no prayer of competing globally. We lack so much perspective itā€™s scary. And with so many truly noble battles to fight weā€™ve chosen to pretty much just fight each other.
And Iā€™ll save some the effort of saying, ā€œif thatā€™s what you feel, just get out!ā€ I still love my country. I know, it makes little sense after just reading my rant, but i still hope we can somehow turn this all around, now that the Greatest Generation is dead, and all. I ainā€™t putting money on it, but somehow I try to remain hopeful. ā€˜MURICA
Bottom line, no one is going to get anyone to switch parties. I will NEVER switch, neither will you. We had 4 years of no wars, no inflation, no illegal infestations. That's what I want, that's what I will vote for, POLICY that already worked.

It's after 4:20, where's my gummies!

We don't have winter here. We have warm and not so warm. Sort of boring if you ask me but people seem to like it.
I live in a place where during the "spring" and "fall" we end up getting all 4 seasons in a week.
This is a rant thread, so it's fair game, I suppose. There are people who cheat the gov with fake disability claims who work on the sly. Usually people claiming bad backs. It's BS. A valid complaint. However, I'm a bit taken aback about your approval of Ronald Reagan...you being from MI and all. You ignore Reagan's destruction of unions. You also ignore his involvement with funding the destruction of central American government. It's WHY we have such an immigrant problem today. He funded guerilla warfare which downright handed power over to the drug lords. These people are trying to escape their tyranny to this day. I'm NOT saying their government was fantastic....but it wasn't like THIS. Read up on what happened, and WITHOUT your right-wing bias.

Edit - another thing about Reagan. He began the idea of NAFTA. Look into it. There's even a YouTube video of him with the 'brilliant' idea.
Left, Right, two wings of the same bird of prey. """They""" are screwing all of us and have been for decades.

To blindly follow one party or the other, for me anyway, is akin to insanity. There are, unfortunately, many or most on both sides that do while screaming "go team!" Classic divide and conquer.

Last edited:
I live in a place where during the "spring" and "fall" we end up getting all 4 seasons in a week.

Left, Right, two wings of the same bird of prey. """They""" are screwing all of us and have been for decades.

To blindly follow one party or the other, for me anyway, is akin to insanity. There are, unfortunately, many or most on both sides that do while screaming "go team!" Classic divide and conquer.
I look at all the property in my hometown all cemented over where factories once stood, and I see a way out of this economy. We need each other. Both parties could come together to say you can't do this anymore. Tell the big business owners to bring the factories back and pay fair wages, or they won't be allowed to conduct business here anymore. We don't need these big business owners who abandoned us a long time ago. Time to stop sucking up to them, hoping they'll bring everything back. No matter how many tax breaks or union busting practices is given to them, it won't bring everything back. We have to back each other when it comes to fighting greed. We need industry. Industry is power and leverage in the world.

Last edited:
Hey! Remember when Hitlers boy. A Nazi war criminal and he was the head of fkin NASA? He was no low level Nazi. He put us ion the moon and we let a Nazi run a US government space program. If you donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about? Ya never had hs history. Fact. We didnā€™t even hide it. Every single president has done shady stuff. Itā€™s s just canā€™t believe we arenā€™t arguing that ā€œitā€™s ok to let a Nazi run NASA! We HAD to beat Russia to the moon!ā€ And the mob killed Kennedy for locking them out of Cuba. Or no? Letā€™s fight! šŸ¤œšŸ»šŸ¤›šŸ»šŸ’ŖšŸ»šŸ¤£šŸ˜¶ā€šŸŒ«ļø Iā€™m just kidding and talking out my arse. I like turtles is what I meant to say!

Last edited:
I think Iā€™ll dip out myself. Iā€™ll make it short. I have 17 first and second generation of family members that never hit 65 and 4 immediate family members all had heart attacks. My heart scan came back and I have a qtr of 1%. Or .25% healthiest hearts in the world. My score was a zero out of zero. No damage. No blockage. No enlargement. The best scan and I got the Mack daddy scan. F the die and treadmill. I have abused my body and lived like I was in Motley Crue without ever being in a band. Iā€™ve been on the juice. I mean Iā€™ve gone hard af. Hell. Im trying to get down to a B cup right now. I have no words. But Iā€™d rather have a fkin heart attack than beat prostate cancer 100% with everything in tact and ā€œThe Cripplerā€ is broken for 3 years and almost I canā€™t make my wife use a walker anymore.
But hey! I still have my forum family. And Iā€™m out!

IMG_4086.jpeg

I think Iā€™ll dip out myself. Iā€™ll make it short. I have 17 first and second generation of family members that never hit 65 and 4 immediate family members all had heart attacks. My heart scan came back and I have a qtr of 1%. Or .25% healthiest hearts in the world. My score was a zero out of zero. No damage. No blockage. No enlargement. The best scan and I got the Mack daddy scan. F the die and treadmill. I have abused my body and lived like I was in Motley Crue without ever being in a band. Iā€™ve been on the juice. I mean Iā€™ve gone hard af. Hell. Im trying to get down to a B cup right now. I have no words. But Iā€™d rather have a fkin heart attack than beat prostate cancer. But hey! I still have my forum family. And Iā€™m out!

View attachment 363672
I understand. I'm glad you have your health. I'm sure your wife enjoys having you around, regardless. You can disagree here. It's your right as an American and human being. Maybe I'm the most extreme, but I don't want violence. Just new policies. Enjoy the forum. I'll keep out of this $hit.

I'll see myself out for a while.

Last edited:
I think Iā€™ll dip out myself. Iā€™ll make it short. I have 17 first and second generation of family members that never hit 65 and 4 immediate family members all had heart attacks. My heart scan came back and I have a qtr of 1%. Or .25% healthiest hearts in the world. My score was a zero out of zero. No damage. No blockage. No enlargement. The best scan and I got the Mack daddy scan. F the die and treadmill. I have abused my body and lived like I was in Motley Crue without ever being in a band. Iā€™ve been on the juice. I mean Iā€™ve gone hard af. Hell. Im trying to get down to a B cup right now. I have no words. But Iā€™d rather have a fkin heart attack than beat prostate cancer 100% with everything in tact and ā€œThe Cripplerā€ is broken for 3 years and almost I canā€™t make my wife use a walker anymore.
But hey! I still have my forum family. And Iā€™m out!

View attachment 363672

Just be glad the have the technology to find and fix that stuff these days. I know I am.

I just believe we are in times where we have to speak up. History shows the silent peaceful majority does not matter. In WW2 the silent peaceful Germans who where the majority did not matter! The majority of peaceful Japanese back home did not matter when 3-10 million Chinese were killed. Mostly by bajonette and shovels. Most peaceful Russians did not want Holodomor to happen where 6-7 million people died because their harvest was stolen. They did not even know about it until many years later.

The silent fed up majority does not matter when they decide to not speak up. What mattered was that enough people in leadership said "Stop!"
The Americans sent the P40 Warhawk to China to stop the Japanese. It worked. "First to the fight" is the phrase that sticks to the P40 now. "Silent at home" never goes down in history too well. Interesting read "Baba Black Sheep" by Pappy Boyington on this one.

We are at a similar place in time. Instead of pulling back - speak up. Put some energy in it. Help people to get informed. Point out where behaviour is not OK. Be the helping hand and change society by speaking up and informing others. When people start to cancel others they basically ran out of arguments. Good starting point for a change.

Last edited:
Bottom line, no one is going to get anyone to switch parties. I will NEVER switch, neither will you.
Youā€™re absolutely right. And I think thatā€™s very true for most of us. We need to get to a place where we can speak to one another in a civil manner and have meaningful conversations. Not to try and make others switch teams, but to impart a better understanding of each of us, which is in most cases far different than what youā€™re told on the chat rooms, forums, and ā€œnewsā€ sites.
I just believe we are in times where we have to speak up. History shows the silent peaceful majority does not matter. In WW2 the silent peaceful Germans who where the majority did not matter! The majority of peaceful Japanese back home did not matter when 3-10 million Chinese were killed. Mostly by bajonette and shovels. Most peaceful Russians did not want Holodomor to happen where 6-7 million people died because their harvest was stolen. They did not even know about it until many years later.

The silent fed up majority does not matter when they decide to not speak up. What mattered was that enough people in leadership said "Stop!"
The Americans sent the P40 Warhawk to China to stop the Japanese. It worked. "First to the fight" is the phrase that sticks to the P40 now. "Silent at home" never goes down in history too well. Interesting read "Baba Black Sheep" by Pappy Boyington on this one.

We are at a similar place in time. Instead of pulling back - speak up. Put some energy in it. Help people to get informed. Point out where behaviour is not OK. Be the helping hand and change society by speaking up and informing others. When people start to cancel others they basically ran out of arguments. Good starting point for a change.
Well said. As long as we can keep it civil. But there is a fear factor in some cases. And if not fear per se, perhaps more of a self preservation instinct. Do you think Iā€™d approach someone pumping country music out of their pickup truck that has two Trump flags flying on the back and a bunch of right wing bumper stickers all over it while Iā€™m wearing one of my favorite old shirts that has has a picture of the Israeli flag and text that says ā€œterrorist state since 1948?ā€ Nope.
We all do need to talk to one another but many of us are really, really far apart and it seems to me like the divide is still widening.
I will say that since this thread went awry most of the back-and-forths have been fairly civil. Thatā€™s a good thing. We all donā€™t need to agree. And as @Shadows pointed out, it appears as though many (most?) of the members here are clearly right of center, and thatā€™s something Iā€™ve been aware of since joining. Or maybe that segment of members is just more vocal about things and thereā€™s more of an even spread than I think. But I have always felt as though I was in a definite minority here. But thatā€™s fine. I like everybody here when it comes to RC topics, and I do appreciate the different personalities. Iā€™m going to stop responding to these rather political posts here now, civil or not, and get back to the mundane, daily irritants that pi$$ me off in this Daily Rant thread. I love you guys. All of you. šŸ‘šŸ»

Youā€™re absolutely right. And I think thatā€™s very true for most of us. We need to get to a place where we can speak to one another in a civil manner and have meaningful conversations. Not to try and make others switch teams, but to impart a better understanding of each of us, which is in most cases far different than what youā€™re told on the chat rooms, forums, and ā€œnewsā€ sites.

Well said. As long as we can keep it civil. But there is a fear factor in some cases. And if not fear per se, perhaps more of a self preservation instinct. Do you think Iā€™d approach someone pumping country music out of their pickup truck that has two Trump flags flying on the back and a bunch of right wing bumper stickers all over it while Iā€™m wearing one of my favorite old shirts that has has a picture of the Israeli flag and text that says ā€œterrorist state since 1948?ā€ Nope.
We all do need to talk to one another but many of us are really, really far apart and it seems to me like the divide is still widening.
I will say that since this thread went awry most of the back-and-forths have been fairly civil. Thatā€™s a good thing. We all donā€™t need to agree. And as @Shadows pointed out, it appears as though many (most?) of the members here are clearly right of center, and thatā€™s something Iā€™ve been aware of since joining. Or maybe that segment of members is just more vocal about things and thereā€™s more of an even spread than I think. But I have always felt as though I was in a definite minority here. But thatā€™s fine. I like everybody here when it comes to RC topics, and I do appreciate the different personalities. Iā€™m going to stop responding to these rather political posts here now, civil or not, and get back to the mundane, daily irritants that pi$$ me off in this Daily Rant thread. I love you guys. All of you. šŸ‘šŸ»
I try to refrain from talking politics as it almost never stays civil, but I'll say one more thing and make it breif.

These are two of the best points made here in this thread. ā˜ļø History doesn't repeat but it does rhyme, the majority of people, not just in America, are quiet and don't even follow politics for the most part. Things these days have gotten so loud that it's nearly impossible to ignore mostly because of social media and the speed at which information travels today, and if you don't see what's going you can't claim nescience.

I tend to be more Libertarian with some right leaning views, but grew up "old Southern Democrat". Most older Dems that I know would be considered center to center right today, and as my dad puts it, "I didn't leave the Democrat party, they left me.". That's how it is on both sides of the isle right now, further and further from the center, and historically this is how Civil Wars start, which is rather concerning. We fight more with each other and meanwhile politicians get richer and are able to do more shady stuff. If we can't find a way to come together we are all screwed (more than we already are).

@RC-Dude I wish we could all have an uncensored dialoge, but the powers that be aren't gonna let that happen. A lot of my views would be considered radical today anyhow.

@Dan B. You hit the nail on the head, sir. Remember the USS Liberty! Look at how many politicians have dual citizenship and who with. Tells you a lot. I couldn't agree more with the last 7 words of your last post, same to you man.

Last edited:
Back