Felony Arrma Felony first ever project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I have been thinking doing this project for a little while now so i will lay it out here. If people with experience have tips and advices to share i will gladly appreciate it.

So everything started when i saw a felony never ran for sale for 700$ cad 300$ less than if you bought it new after the taxes and everything. I thought it was going to sell in a second well its still there after a week and i decided to call the seller so that we can met later this week.

Im going to be selling the body locally to get at least 150ish cad in return. Then buy the PF corvette c8 body and paint it deep metalic red with some metallic brown stripes in the middle and the roof hatch. I never painted a body before so i really want to do it right.

Planning on selling the esc and motor also i have a 2050kv motor sitting here from my mojave exb with bigger bullet connectors. For the esc i don't know yet. I have been looking at the max8. I want to stay close to stock power. im not power hungry. Main reason i want to sell specially the esc Is to avoid a catastrophic failure.

For the tires i have been looking at the silver hoons. Seems to last twice more than the white hoons from what i read. Im a conservative driver(my kraton 4s tires are 2 years old just to give u an idea lol). Its a peoject that is going to take time to accomplish. Its still winter here and tons of snow

Last edited:
I have been thinking doing this project for a little while now so i will lay it out here. If people with experience have tips and advices to share i will gladly appreciate it.

So everything started when i saw a felony never ran for sale for 700$ cad 300$ less than if you bought it new after the taxes and everything. I thought i was going to sell in a second well its still there after a week and i decided to call the seller so that we can met later this week.

Im going to be selling the body locally to get at least 150ish cad in return. Then buy the PF corvette c8 body and paint it deep metalic red with some metallic brown stripes in the middle and the roof hatch. I never painted a body before so i really want to do it right.

Planning on selling the esc and motor also i have a 2050kv motor sitting here from my mojave exb with bigger bullet connectors. For the esc i don't know yet. I have been looking at the max8. I want to stay close to stock power. im not power hungry. Main reason i want to sell specially the esc Is to avoid a catastrophic failure.

For the tires i have been looking at the silver hoons. Seems to last twice more than the white hoons from what i read. Im a conservative driver(my kraton 4s tires are 2 years old just to give u an idea lol). Its a peoject that is going to take time to accomplish. Its still winter here and tons of snow
I would say the Max8 is your best bet if you want to stay within the stock power range, it does have a little more spunk than the BLX185 or Firma 150a plus the added bonus of having an adjustable BEC.

Sell the Firma as fast as you can. this thing got ignited on my Infraction on the 2nd run.
Been acting weird on my notorious in snow with a dust cover on Randomly goes full brakes if i come to a stop and it randomly starts working again😅. Ussualy happens with the second pack

Congrats on the project!

I just ordered a C8 body as well! It’s best to paint when it’s warm. Key things to remember when painting is wash the inside of the body with some dish soap and water. Spray your paint in light layers, don’t worry about trying to get a solid coat. The first few layers should be transparent. After each layer I give it a quick dry with a heat gun and then spray my next coat 10mins later. Try practicing on a two liter bottle.

I’ve had some good luck with Spektrum equipment. I’m currently at 121mph using the 160A ESC and 2050kv motor on 8S. Most issues with fires tend to be over-gearing. If you’re concerned with such go with an ESC that has the ability to handle more amps such as a Max6, Spektrum 160A, or Castle MMX8s (my number 1 pick).

As for tires, I haven’t noticed a huge difference between the whites and silvers. If really depends on how you drive it and the surface you’re on. Smooth concrete would be ideal.

Can’t wait to see how this project turns out!

I don't want to tempt fate here, but I've not had a single issue with the stock Firma system in my Felony. I must be around 40 packs in by now. I actually really like it when used with my DX5C. I can see motor RPMs, I can set a low voltage alarm (from total voltage only as I don't have smart batteries) and I can also see and set an alarm for FET temps.

I've kept stock gearing and fans too. It's not lacking in power and runs cool enough, although I do have some upgraded 40mm fans and Alza Racing mounts for it that I still need to fit. I personally see no reason to change it out, but totally your call!

Congrats on the project!

I just ordered a C8 body as well! It’s best to paint when it’s warm. Key things to remember when painting is wash the inside of the body with some dish soap and water. Spray your paint in light layers, don’t worry about trying to get a solid coat. The first few layers should be transparent. After each layer I give it a quick dry with a heat gun and then spray my next coat 10mins later. Try practicing on a two liter bottle.

I’ve had some good luck with Spektrum equipment. I’m currently at 121mph using the 160A ESC and 2050kv motor on 8S. Most issues with fires tend to be over-gearing. If you’re concerned with such go with an ESC that has the ability to handle more amps such as a Max6, Spektrum 160A, or Castle MMX8s (my number 1 pick).

As for tires, I haven’t noticed a huge difference between the whites and silvers. If really depends on how you drive it and the surface you’re on. Smooth concrete would be ideal.

Can’t wait to see how this project turns out!
I must get the car first as fast as possible or its game over. I have to sand paper before the paiting i think. Something im trying to get informed on
I don't want this to happen to me😅

Last edited:
Last edited:
I might be wrong but a under a specific grid of sand paper once painted. The scratches and everything wont show up. That is what i read and saw when it comes to repairing scratches and repairs on real cars
Iirc people use scratch pads and not sandpaper but for the life of me I can't remember what color.

Got the car

20220307_205803.jpg

20220307_205734.jpg

Its massive and those tires are meaty

Last edited:
Im happy and sad at the same time. It looks amazing at the frint and rear with the decals on. The red didnt come out so well. I got like a gummy pink red. Shouldnt have backed it with white when i think about it.
20220320_180033.jpg
20220320_180106.jpg

Not the best

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back