Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

My new cleaning solution that works!

Saltystevo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score

WTF MIKE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just went online to see which local Home Depots here in Toronto might have one, and they're almost all sold out! Also, for the first time ever, it's cheaper here at $5.99 CAD. I would blame your post for the sell out, but it was only a couple of hours ago;)
Where did you find it? I can’t find any

Saltystevo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
After you’re done, a coat of Maxima SC1 HIGH GLOSS COATING. $9.95 @ net wt. 12 OZ.

I call it “new rig in a can”, lol.
This stuff works wonders. I think I have like 7-9 cans. Couldn’t pass up a good deal and I love this stuff, ha. They sell it in smaller cans for you to try but go ahead and buy a big one. You’ll be impressed. And it doesn’t smell too bad, lol.
I recently read in a sc1 review that it does do a good job at making the vehicle look new but after getting it dirty again they said its like a dirt/mud glue. Harder to clean off with sc1 being used. How's your experience for the after cleaning vs cleaning without using sc1?

crimsonfancy

A guy that doesn't know when to give up.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Kraton 6s, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
I recently read in a sc1 review that it does do a good job at making the vehicle look new but after getting it dirty again they said its like a dirt/mud glue. Harder to clean off with sc1 being used. How's your experience for the after cleaning vs cleaning without using sc1?
hmmm. I haven't noticed that it attracts dirt or makes it worse. I'll have to pay attention and report back next time I run in the dirtiest stuff.
I'm also not opposed to trying another finishing compound cause I think this stuff is kinda expensive, soo floral smelling and not available locally. In fact, I'm interested in trying something new soon as my can is about half full now and I'm getting to where I'm tight with it...
CowRC stuff interests me too but none local and way too high shipping cost.
If you or anyone has another compound in mind, please advise and I may give it a shot.

Notorious J

Traxxas spy, here to gather Arrma secrets 🕵️‍♀️
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, Outcast 6s
I check and it says not available in my area. You can get them at lee Valley Tools and it’s $15.99
Now that you mention it, i remember finding that out way back when this post was made. Just never got around to getting one.

Saltystevo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got my little big shot. I have not used it yet on my RC but man I’m very impressed how precise it gets and can see it doing a great job. Thank you crimson
Sorry notorious but nothing is cheaper here than the states not even our own Canadian club whisky
It is impressive. Only issue with tiny water beam is it lacks the power to remove thicker dirt, let alone any mud. But it will have its place.... I still have to play with it more but I'm happy with what it does so far and we'll worth the money

WTF MIKE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just went online to see which local Home Depots here in Toronto might have one, and they're almost all sold out! Also, for the first time ever, it's cheaper here at $5.99 CAD. I would blame your post for the sell out, but it was only a couple of hours ago;)
Sorry buddy but I just bought mine from LEE Valley Tools and it cost me $17.50 taxes in. Nothing is cheaper in Canada than the USA not even our own Canadian club whisky

RC Detail

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Fazon, , Nero, Raider
Yeah, news to me. If anything I thought the mud came off easier, lol.
Then I just hit it again and good as new?

I picked up one of those big shots, awesome, thanks for the mention whoever, lol.

Wmorgan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Notorious, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
Got my little big shot. I have not used it yet on my RC but man I’m very impressed how precise it gets and can see it doing a great job. Thank you crimson
Sorry notorious but nothing is cheaper here than the states not even our own Canadian club whisky
I got one too! Saw it at Home Depot and grabbed one.

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Justin Hagan Paint and Body 5
Deereman7 Arrma 4x4 6
Dutch213 General Chaos 10
Dirtnasty92 Chassis & Drivetrain 19