My new SCX10 III Early Bronco is really coming along

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I recently purchased the Axial SCX10 III Early Bronco for $200 off at Horizon. I knew when I bought it that I was going to upgrade it. So far, I've done the following mods:

1) replaced the ESC/receiver combo and brushed 35T motor with a separate receiver and a brushless Spektrum 2300kv 2-in-1 ESC/motor
2) changed the shocks from the stock 100mm to 90mm Traxxas GTS shocks
3) replaced the stock satin chrome wheels and tires with Pro-Line Hyrax tires mounted on black Vanquish Incision aluminum bead lock wheels

The standard 23T Spektrum cored steering servo is only 15kg, and I'm replacing it with a 25kg 25T brushless servo (on order, due to arrive tomorrow).

If it weren't raining, I would be out running it today.

No pics.. wtf
Her'es one.

Early Bronco with Incision wheels and Hyrax tires.jpg

I clean up my NEW tires with some Simple Green. Gets them nice and tacky. Removes the Release compound.
If traction still seems to be an Issue. I may use some "PB Blaster" wiped onto the treads and let sit for an hour before running. Become even more sticky.
The Hyrax is a popular choice. Its sheds mud and dirt well. Treads don't pack up.
Nice Axial there. GTS shocks are an awesome upgrade, one that won't break the bank.
I see you $Splurged$ on the Incision wheels. (y) Don't come cheap.:LOL: Crawlers can get stupid expensive. Vanquish is the best for parts.
Is the spare wheel and tire still the stock?
Looks to be the stocker spare.....

I recently purchased the Axial SCX10 III Early Bronco for $200 off at Horizon. I knew when I bought it that I was going to upgrade it. So far, I've done the following mods:

1) replaced the ESC/receiver combo and brushed 35T motor with a separate receiver and a brushless Spektrum 2300kv 2-in-1 ESC/motor
2) changed the shocks from the stock 100mm to 90mm Traxxas GTS shocks
3) replaced the stock satin chrome wheels and tires with Pro-Line Hyrax tires mounted on black Vanquish Incision aluminum bead lock wheels

The standard 23T Spektrum cored steering servo is only 15kg, and I'm replacing it with a 25kg 25T brushless servo (on order, due to arrive tomorrow).

If it weren't raining, I would be out running it today.
I got one too. Fun customizing one in my collection

Bronco.jpg

RC Collection 5-9-2023.jpg

I thought I would update this old post to reflect changes made since the original post. Some of the changes aren't shown in the first pic because I made them after that pic was taken.

Replaced the wheels and tires and replaced them with Treal wheels and Falken Wildpeak tires
Removed the stickers all around
Added a RC4WD light bar
Added Yeah Racing high back seats

Bronco Treal wheels.jpg

Early Bronco lights.jpg

Bronco seats.jpg

Last edited:
Really looks nice! I need to check out that ESC/Motor combo for my Redcat Wendigo. I converted it to brushed, cause the brushless it came with was too fast and cogged badly on steep climbs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back