Typhon My Typhon Mega 4x4 converted to 3s Brushless On Road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowroller199

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just finished modding my brushed Typhon V3 to brushless on road. Here are the details.

Hobbywing EZrun 5400 kv motor
Arrma Typhon 3s slipper clutch assembly with 57T 32p spur gear
19T pinion
Arrma BLX 100 ESC
92 mm front shocks
100 mm rear shocks
customized stock rear wing
GRP wheels and tires
Custom Tire Decals
Also added adjustable camber and steering turnbuckles to the front. They were removed from my Traxxas Slash that I converted to a no prep drag car. They were a perfect fit!

I did a few speed runs and hit 57.5 mph but the center driveshaft was vibrating too much so I had to back off. I didn’t realize until after the fact that Arrma makes a center driveshaft support for it so I ordered that with a new driveshaft. Should be able to get 65-70;mph out of it.
I know I could have just bought a 3s brushed Typhon but I love modding which is just as much fun to me as driving.

EA17E959-AE29-4E4E-8D9D-C6C7BF641752.jpeg

C750A7EA-653D-449A-B318-D3D8024FC922.jpeg

D5A7FF14-C0B4-42AF-819E-CC8C302116D8.jpeg

DD3566CA-79DC-4FCD-AB16-4C34CC82CB24.jpeg

43EA4359-A76D-4627-A099-9194DCFD7E0A.jpeg

6E286AB3-66C0-4D4F-B6E0-F2BF8CE5E1FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Any worries about overrevving the motor? @5400kV, that's about 68K RPM on a fully charged 3s pack or has everything been smooth?
It’s been smooth so far with the exception of the vibrating center driveshaft. We‘ll see what happens when I get the support installed and get max speed out of it.

Have a link to the motor? I'm looking to replace my stock one out of my new typhon that seized yesterday lol! And did you have to do anything special with the esc to run that motor? Sorry for the bombardment of questions im new to this haha!

Makes me wanna run my 3S open wheeled again and see what I can do with it. 🤘🏻

Have a link to the motor? I'm looking to replace my stock one out of my new typhon that seized yesterday lol! And did you have to do anything special with the esc to run that motor? Sorry for the bombardment of questions im new to this haha!
No worries! Here is the link to the motor and esc combo I purchased from amain. I don’t think you can purchase the motor separately. Unfortunately the Hobbywing ESC I received in the combo was DOA. Amain advised me all warranties go through Hobbywing Directly. I contacted them but their customer service is horrible so Amain is taking care of me with the warranty. I bought the the Arrma BLX 100 ESC as I didn’t want to wait any longer. In my opinion the Arrma ESC is way better anyway and bulletproof

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...3652sl-motor-combo-5400kv-hwa38010205/p713298

No worries! Here is the link to the motor and esc combo I purchased from amain. I don’t think you can purchase the motor separately. Unfortunately the Hobbywing ESC I received in the combo was DOA. Amain advised me all warranties go through Hobbywing Directly. I contacted them but their customer service is horrible so Amain is taking care of me with the warranty. I bought the the Arrma BLX 100 ESC as I didn’t want to wait any longer. In my opinion the Arrma ESC is way better anyway and bulletproof

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...3652sl-motor-combo-5400kv-hwa38010205/p713298
Right on I already have the blx 100 esc since i have the typhon 3s so maybe i can find just the motor haha Thanks man!

Thanks Low Roller,
Found this thread looking for some parts to repair broken camber links for the 3s Arrma Typhon. Figured it would be worth attempting an adjustable upgrade over the solid plastic OEM parts (currently on back order). Did you have to shave the Slash turnbuckles at all since they are a bit longer than the stock parts for the Arrma? If you were to implement adjustable links on only the front or the back would you choose one over the other?

After further review of the pictures it looks like you only did the front end. Perhaps if you could what version of the slash did you pull them off of?

Last edited:
Thanks Low Roller,
Found this thread looking for some parts to repair broken camber links for the 3s Arrma Typhon. Figured it would be worth attempting an adjustable upgrade over the solid plastic OEM parts (currently on back order). Did you have to shave the Slash turnbuckles at all since they are a bit longer than the stock parts for the Arrma? If you were to implement adjustable links on only the front or the back would you choose one over the other?

After further review of the pictures it looks like you only did the front end. Perhaps if you could what version of the slash did you pull them off of?
I did not have to make any modifications to the slash turnbuckles. They were a near perfect fit. I just adjusted them to match the length of the plastic Arrma ones I removed.

Just finished modding my brushed Typhon V3 to brushless on road. Here are the details.

Hobbywing EZrun 5400 kv motor
Arrma Typhon 3s slipper clutch assembly with 57T 32p spur gear
19T pinion
Arrma BLX 100 ESC
92 mm front shocks
100 mm rear shocks
customized stock rear wing
GRP wheels and tires
Custom Tire Decals
Also added adjustable camber and steering turnbuckles to the front. They were removed from my Traxxas Slash that I converted to a no prep drag car. They were a perfect fit!

I did a few speed runs and hit 57.5 mph but the center driveshaft was vibrating too much so I had to back off. I didn’t realize until after the fact that Arrma makes a center driveshaft support for it so I ordered that with a new driveshaft. Should be able to get 65-70;mph out of it.
I know I could have just bought a 3s brushed Typhon but I love modding which is just as much fun to me as driving.

View attachment 120966

View attachment 120967

View attachment 120968

View attachment 120969

View attachment 120970

View attachment 120971

Sorry to drag this out of the crypt, but I'm considering doing a street setup conversion on my Typhon, and just ran across this thread. Love the looks of yours! Just wondering, what shocks did you use? And can you give some detail of how you modified the stock wing? Your job looks very well done, and very clean and sleek. Thanks for any info you can give on the shocks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back