Infraction My way too expensive limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran it and the faceplate bolts backed out and locked up the tires at 99mph. Hopefully the motor isn't ruined.
20201207_135552.jpg

As some of you may have seen in the electronics area, my motor got destroyed in the run. It smells absolutely horrific. I was already contemplating making it an offroad basher and if TP doesn't warranty my motor, I'm buying Outcast 6S stuff to make it a slightly longer field runner. Already have a 5687 to put in it should I have to. Their warranty will be the deciding factor on if it stays a speed car or becomes a basher as I'm not spending another $200 on a motor that died after 3 runs
20201210_135652.jpg
20201210_135725.jpg

As some of you may have seen in the electronics area, my motor got destroyed in the run. It smells absolutely horrific. I was already contemplating making it an offroad basher and if TP doesn't warranty my motor, I'm buying Outcast 6S stuff to make it a slightly longer field runner. Already have a 5687 to put in it should I have to. Their warranty will be the deciding factor on if it stays a speed car or becomes a basher as I'm not spending another $200 on a motor that died after 3 runs
When did this happen, at full rpm? If this didn't happen because of extreme rpm due to overvolting or extreme amps due to overgearing, it must be a assembly/construction fault, thus warranty. So far I've not seen motors go bad over the full length...

When did this happen, at full rpm? If this didn't happen because of extreme rpm due to overvolting or extreme amps due to overgearing, it must be a assembly/construction fault, thus warranty. So far I've not seen motors go bad over the full length...
Like 70% throttle which is what annoyed me so much. If it was at full song, I'd get it, but it was nowhere near

Well, TP Power never got back to me, so I'm in the process off making it offroad. Waiting for a motor slide, battery tray, bumpers, body posts, and the center diff. I lost one of the limitless side skirts amid my mess of parts so I'm also gonna have to order that.

Anyways RIP to the speed build. I'll get back to it, but my luck is just too bad right now, lol
20201224_153622.jpg
20201224_153618.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back