Outcast Need advice leaking diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man that stuff scares me. Lol. I was able to lock it down with old standard blue. So far so good. If I have problems in the future I’ll look into red locktite. Thank you. I have a set of traxxas shims coming to try your shock eyelet trick. I broke an end so I’m going to give it a go. I appreciate your help and advice bro!

I use red locktite on my pinion. Order yourself a tekno or robinson racing replacement pinion aswell. Arrma pinions go bad very fast.

Did you ever get the leak to stop?

I use red locktite on my pinion. Order yourself a tekno or robinson racing replacement pinion aswell. Arrma pinions go bad very fast.

Did you ever get the leak to stop?

I got some Robinson pinions. I stopped the leak. Every rc has a learning curve. I’m getting there. I think from the factory either the center diff wasn’t tight enough or was overfilled. When I tore it down I filled it back up to the spider gears. It leaked again. I then learned you’re only supposed to fill to the cross pins. Since then, no more leaking. I also went with 300k fluid (and ordered 500k & 1M). It was probably getting hot and expanding forcing the plastic cup off the screws enough to relieve the pressure. Then of course it’ll keep leaking. I appreciate the help!

The oring doesn't fit but the ring isn't the problem. Plus you can get o rings at your local ace if you need them.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was a combination of overfilling and overheating the CD. Got 300k fluid filled correctly and no leaking so far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back