Kraton Need new esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdanKraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello i need suggestion for new good 6s esc Heres a few that i found:

Screenshot_20220324-124959.jpg

IMG-20220323-WA0030.jpeg

Screenshot_20220324-125005.jpg

Screenshot_20220323-110253.jpg

The price diffrence between Quicrun and max 8 is pretty big, is it worth it? And the Quicrun will work fine with my motor? I have the stock 6s blx motor

The price diffrence between Quicrun and max 8 is pretty big, is it worth it? And the Quicrun will work fine with my motor? I have the stock 6s blx motor
The Quicrun is in several non-Armma RC brands in their 6s cars (FYI: the stock BLX is a rebranded Quicrun but with less programming options;)). The Max8 will have just a little more 'oomph' over the Quicrun and the the Max8 also has a high voltage BEC setting and 5.5.mm connecors. If you have the stock 4mm motor connectors, don't need the 7.4V (running a HV servo?), were happy with the stock BLX esc performance, the Quicrun would do just fine.(y)

The Max8 will be more "future proof" than the Quicrun if you ever decide to change the motor or steering servo. And it's nice to have more programming options available. The saying amongst RC users that goes "buy once, cry once" is applicable here.

Tbh its a car that i got used and i bought it in very bad condition so i don't going to upgrade it or throw money at it 😂 its a v3.

I think OP is based in Israel given the Hebrew on the photos and his board name - so Jenny's might not work.

I wouldn't skimp too much on the ESC, it can be moved to another vehicle later on. Of the two you listed, I would go with the Quicrun and stay far away from Surpass. If you can manage to get a takeoff as mentioned above, it is probably your cheapest option but I don't know what options are available in your neck of the woods.

As mentioned do not buy the Surpass esc they burn up quicker than a doobie at a Willy Nelson concert.

If you want something that will be a good direct replacement go with the 8BL150. If you want something with a little more power go with the Max8.

You won't go wrong with the Castle Mmx8 or the 1717 motor for that matter. Big power, sensored, blue tooth for changing settings on the fly with multiple profiles. Haven't seen anything better.

I have the Quicrun in three of my cars there very good for the price and will fit straight up to your stock motor
Are you talking about the 150a? Thinking on grabbing one today for a backup just in case for my V5.

edit: Yup. Looked it up here and it seems to be same performance as the blx185.

hbw30109002.jpg

Last edited:
HW QuickRun ESC's are usually not WP or sealed well. It is HW's budget line. Closer to OE grade.(n)
You generally pay for what you get. Govern yourself accordingly. Wallet and all.

HW QuickRun ESC's are usually not WP or sealed well. It is HW's budget line. Closer to OE grade.(n)
You generally pay for what you get. Govern yourself accordingly. Wallet and all.
yes they are budget but been throwing my m2c'ed kraton around like a rag doll for a good year now (y) all so got them in two of my talion's seem pretty good to me

Go for the Castle Mmx8/1717 combo. The best you can get. Alleviates the gamble on the lower end items.

yes they are budget but been throwing my m2c'ed kraton around like a rag doll for a good year now (y) all so got them in two of my talion's seem pretty good to me
Don't get me wrong, I have 4 QuickRuns here. ( 120ampers) But also several HW Zerun combos ( 150 ampers) for comparison. (sensored)
Construction of both types are vastly different. What works for you is what matters. Wallet permitting.
Max 6 is a good compromise for 6s-8s lipos. A future proof ESC in the long run.
Skipping the Max 8 IMHO.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the 150a? Thinking on grabbing one today for a backup just in case for my V5.

edit: Yup. Looked it up here and it seems to be same performance as the blx185.

View attachment 209779

That's because the BLX185 is basically a rebranded 8BL150 as are a lot of other OEM escs. If I had to wager a guess I would say that the 8BL150 is the most commonly used 1/8th scale esc do to all of the different rebrands of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back