Outcast Need new esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrockcliff27

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Okay guys my esc went out so I'm looking for a new one. I'm looking at getting the castle 1717 1650 kv motor and and hobbywing max5 esc
Will these two work together and how would I program them to work?
From my research the can should fit and the esc will be mounted sideways
It's a v2 BTW if that matters

20230606_212016.jpg

I would go with the one cc sensored 1717, it’s possibly best option probably if you don’t mind paying more than hobby wing.
For me personally I have the same arrma rc but I use the cc sensored 1520 1650kv paired with the cc MMX8s because that esc is just amazing. It never gets hot, it can pump out over 300 amps if needed and the absolute best ESC to get rid of ripple. Much more rugged design and still fits in 1/8 RC’s. Boom job done

The 1717 is a sensored motor an I believe the max5 is a uncensored esc...with 1717 you really want a sensored esc to take advantage of...I'd go all castle or all hobbywing with setup...
I'd consider a max6 an a tp4060 in the 1400-1700kv range..cheaper an more than enough power to tear up diffs.lol

Last edited:
I suggest you go full Castle to take advantage of the sensored system. I have the MMX 8s and 1717 1650 motor in my Kraton 6s, and it's a beast. The Castle system runs cool: my motor never gets above 130F with no fan after 15 minutes of hard running at mostly full throttle.

Mmx8S/1717 or Max 6/4985 is the biggest you’ll want to go in that wheelbase.

I run a max 6/4092, it’s a whole different animal than RTR electronics.
I don't have any Castle. Great stuff I'm sure.
I did drop a Max6/4092 into a K6EXB, then my Mojo exb.. I suppose it's "in between" stock and MMX combo?
I find the Max6/4092 to be plenty. Actually it's a balancing act for me.. too small a pinion overheats the motor, too big a pinion blow's the tires off!! But keeps the motor happy🤔🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

The new Max5 HV G2 (12s) is sensored so could pair well with the caslte motor
Kind of. You get the smooth throttle delivery but HW ESCs can’t see the temperature of other brand motors. Automatic motor temp cutoff is one of the biggest advantages of a sensored setup IMO.
I'm looking at getting the castle 1717 1650 kv motor and and hobbywing max5 esc
Max 5 won’t fit. I’d go Castle MMX8S and 1717 1650kv motor. Fantastic combo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back