Need some heavy prayers and positive thoughts for NorCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy you know what! Stay safe Ian and I hope that your mom and any friends and family you have in the affected areas will be out of harms way. Puts things in to perspective for sure.

Prayer to you and everyone. Please be safe.

Thanks everyone!
Y’all down south need to send your hurricanes to the west coast ASAP.
We are too far inland unfortunately for that to help.

Wait, keep the wind, just send rain!
Won’t it be like blowing out your birthday candles? 🌬 🎂

I wish I could send this your way. I would prefer to have a sunny day off

8B6A05C1-A98A-406B-BF1A-2018C1711CE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Y’all down south need to send your hurricanes to the west coast ASAP.
Really, we had over 60 inches of rain so far this year, that's over 5 feet which is ridiculous. I was thinking the same thing when @Edough13 posted this thread, wish I could make it happen.
Thanks everyone!

We are too far inland unfortunately for that to help.
When a hurricane or even a weak tropical storm hits our coast, that storm brings torrential rain as far as the east coast from the Carolinas to New York. Those places are prone to flooding just as bad as us. These storms hold a tremendous amount of moisture.

Last edited:
Really, we had over 60 inches of rain so far this year, that's over 5 feet which is ridiculous. I was thinking the same thing when @Edough13 posted this thread, wish I could make it happen.
See and we have had almost no winter at all the last 3yrs which has killed us. Usually get a good 20+ storms that drop a good 2-3ft of snow at a time and last year we had 3 that dropped maybe a foot at most😔 When I was younger we would get storms that dropped 6+ feet overnight and I haven't seen anything close in a good 8-10 yrs. We had a decently wet rainy spring but again not anywhere the moisture we need, lakes and streams are almost empty across the state it's bad. Also goes to show I started my speed running venture in January which should have had feet of snow on the ground and ice covered roads. Used to have to wait tell end of April to be able to play baseball due to fields covered in snow, last few years could have played starting in February.

See and we have had almost no winter at all the last 3yrs which has killed us. Usually get a good 20+ storms that drop a good 2-3ft of snow at a time and last year we had 3 that dropped maybe a foot at most😔 When I was younger we would get storms that dropped 6+ feet overnight and I haven't seen anything close in a good 8-10 yrs. We had a decently wet rainy spring but again not anywhere the moisture we need, lakes and streams are almost empty across the state it's bad. Also goes to show I started my speed running venture in January which should have had feet of snow on the ground and ice covered roads. Used to have to wait tell end of April to be able to play baseball due to fields covered in snow, last few years could have played starting in February.
And yet, some still say global warming is not real!

And yet, some still say global warming is not real!
I'm not sure either way but I do know earth goes through hot and cold cycles about every 20+yrs as history shows. For example when I was really young in the early 90's we had bad winters that dumped over 10+ft in a single day. Remember being about 5-6yrs old and having to climb out our second story window, or standing about 15ft above our cars on the snow berms while my dad was shoveling them out. Also have seen snow in mid June. But then the opposite like the last almost decade of really high heat and almost no winters at all. What's been extremely odd is how is further up north have been having extreme heat compared to more southern areas that are generally 20+ degrees warmer. Such as Washington state hitting 115° where Los Angeles is only at about 100°. Just has been really odd and unexplainable, one of my thought is a bad solar flare that is directed to the north as I don't get how further away from the equator is producing higher heat than closer to the equator.

Well, somebody had a disastrous gender reveal party 🙄

I've heared turning on sprinklers helps a bit. You often see foto's of people who turned on sprinklers before evacuating, and their houses are hardly damaged. But not many people have those.
1626455424181.png

Also, having a brick house helps.

I wish everybody stuck in those fires A LOT of good luck.

Meanwhile, 90 people drownd because of heavy rain in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands
Such as Washington state hitting 115° where Los Angeles is only at about 100°. Just has been really odd and unexplainable, one of my thought is a bad solar flare that is directed to the north as I don't get how further away from the equator is producing higher heat than closer to the equator.
I think it has something to do with sea temperature.

Oregon (cold) is about the same height as Spain (hot) with the main difference being the warm water from the gulf of mexico flowing past Europe.

Also, inland winters and summers are more extreme than in costal regions, because of water having a 'dampening' effect on the air temp

Last edited:
Locally speaking, we're in an interim period between glacial events. Broad spectrum, we've actually been in a mild ice age for the last 100k years or so. Ice caps on the poles haven't always been a thing.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/glaciers.htm

Most of the petrified forest near me has redwood and fruit trees dating back to around 2 million years.

The global warming thing is 100% politicized. There's no doubt that our lifestyle (irresponsible development, sporadic management, & unregulated industry) is affecting the climate, but having lived next to- and studied- the Yellowstone caldera most of my life, I can't buy into the hype. Simply put, our planet is going to change. It always has. Always will.

Montana was covered in fruit trees and redwoods 2 million years ago. 20k years ago there was an ice cap close to a mile thick over my yard. To think that we exert so much influence on nature is arrogant at best. If Yellowstone decides to blow again it's game over for humans- and most life on 🌎.

In the 70's the idiot box warned of a mini ice age- while we had epic snow in winter. In the early 80's, we had milder winters *except bridger bowl, but that was pollution seeding clouds to dump on the bridger range as proven by science. In the 90's our winters got really snowy again. In the 2000's it tapered back. Now we're at a low point again for snowfal here. I'm betting it'll pick up again in another decade or so.

Or maybe it's the apocalypse.

There’s no doubt in my mind that our climate is changing much more rapidly than ever observed on Earth before. I’m convinced that our modern lifestyles are accelerating that change. To what degree can we change that today, is what I’m unsure of. Some say we’ve passed the 2 degree mark, which they say was the point of no return. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some updates, fire to the east is getting more contained and under control but fire to the west closer to my hometown and mother continues to grow like crazy. Due to the fire to the west we have been without power now going on 6 days except for random 2hr blocks that we have no idea what time power will be on. All our food has gone bad, stores can't even open again due to not knowing when we will have power. Have fair and 4H this whole week for my kids so it's a game of chase to guess when we will have power to be able to take a shower or try to get laundry done. Makes it hard when we have to be 25miles away from home at the fair and depending what's going on can't even leave to go home when powers on to get things done let alone even know when the power will be on. Still have no estimation for when it will be fully restored just get updates saying they will continue rolling blackouts through the day or through the night. So far has been really random get 2hrs of power at 11am then not tell 5am next day or 3pm one day and not again until 11pm it's just all random. Been a nightmare to say the least, have to hope I can even get gas today as I'm on E and gas stations either have no power to open or most are out of gas. What a nightmare this is😩

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Stay safe, hopefully they can get this under control and back to some sort of normalcy. 🙏🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back