Need some heavy prayers and positive thoughts for NorCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well things have gotten really bad unfortunately over the last couple days. Unfortunately the small town of Greenville was partially destroyed overnight with the fire burning through the town, also Chester another small community was partially burned as well. The fire is now heading for my hometown and small community of Westwood so my parents had to evacuate today. They are safe here at our house and we are all praying they stop the fire from destroying their home and the small town not only myself but my mother grew up in. Really really needing the prayers big time everyone! Here's a short of the smoke from my house about 25-30 miles from the flames. Video is at 5:30pm and looks like it's about 8:40-9pm as we are fully covered in such thick smoke. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSNrGJSlNHm/?utm_medium=copy_link
For info just look up the Dixie fire in Northern California, #dixiefire on Facebook or Instagram.
Prayers brother, I know it's really bad out West, seen the little town that was burned on the world news this evening. The skys are hazy from the smoke way down here in Southern Louisiana.

Prayers GIF by memecandy

Dangit! I was hoping your parents were not going to have to evac, but I'm glad they are safe with you guys. (y)crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, and hopefully this can be over with soon. That was our sky last year, don't let the ash settle on your cars for too long, it's hell on your paint.

Last edited:
Here's the full video of how bad the smoke was. Isn't showing as dark as it really was as I said seemed about sundown the smoke was so thick. Also some pictures again that don't show well enough of the sun a dark red glowing through all the smoke as it was setting.
IMG_20210805_194718088.jpg
IMG_20210805_194723267.jpg

Here's the full video of how bad the smoke was. Isn't showing as dark as it really was as I said seemed about sundown the smoke was so thick. Also some pictures again that don't show well enough of the sun a dark red glowing through all the smoke as it was setting. View attachment 162220View attachment 162221
Man I am lost for words right now. This is absolutely insane. I live where there is more rain than we need. And you live where a few rain drops mean life or death. Crazy times. I wish I could make any incremental change to help you brother. I hope you and your family come thru this unscathed. 😢

It's hard to photogragh because your camera tries to compensate and give you more detail. I know that sun is a deep orange. Hows everyone's breathing doing, after weeks of that it starts getting tiresome for sure.

It's hard to photogragh because your camera tries to compensate and give you more detail. I know that sun is a deep orange. Hows everyone's breathing doing, after weeks of that it starts getting tiresome for sure.
I can see it plain as day, or enough to move my soul anyways. Dang this is heart breaking.

Man I am lost for words right now. This is absolutely insane. I live where there is more rain than we need. And you live where a few rain drops mean life or death. Crazy times. I wish I could make any incremental change to help you brother. I hope you and your family come thru this unscathed. 😢
Amen to that!

Wow. I want to say alot. Alot I don't know what to say. Stay safe. Much 🙏 to you and your family and all the familys dealing with this. F+×&!=@ Crazy man!!
Yeah man. You said it perfectly brother

Thanks fellas! Thankfully fire isn't making big runs twords my parents house and town currently. Fire did make several 3+ mile runs at each end overnight devastating a small town of 800 (Greenville) and causing the evacuations for my parents. Also the nasty winds we've had all day stop in about 30mins and will provide much needed relieve for the fire. Here's a link for info on the Dixie fire https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/
And here's a map of the fire boundaries, I tried to outline growth from last night to now and where my parents house and my hometown are located and also how it's not even too far from us also.
Screenshot_20210805-214437~2.png

Here's the size of the ashes falling in Susanville you'll see on the map above which is about 10miles from me absolutely crazy!
Screenshot_20210805-215617.png

Last edited:
Thanks fellas! Thankfully fire isn't making big runs twords my parents house and town currently. Fire did make several 3+ mile runs at each end overnight devastating a small town of 800 (Greenville) and causing the evacuations for my parents. Also the nasty winds we've had all day stop in about 30mins and will provide much needed relieve for the fire. Here's a link for info on the Dixie fire https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/
And here's a map of the fire boundaries, I tried to outline growth from last night to now and where my parents house and my hometown are located and also how it's not even too far from us also.View attachment 162225
Here's the size of the ashes falling in Susanville you'll see on the map above which is about 10miles from me absolutely crazy!View attachment 162226
If it wasn't for those lakes near your parents house, they would have been in the middle of it already. Still no words for these scary times.

Really need as much positive thoughts and prayers for us up here in Northern Cali!! Right now I'm in the middle of two good size wildfires burning strong, both are about 25 miles from my doorstep one is to the Southwest of me the other is to the Southeast. One has already wiped out a small community, completely burnt around a local lake and campground and continues to destroy thousands of acres. The other is only about 6-7 miles if that from my hometown I was raised in for 20 years and my mother's house that not only I was raised in but she also grew up in from the mid 60's on. Just please keep us up here in our small rural communities in your thoughts and prayers please!!

This is looking to the Southeast from my drivewayView attachment 158265
And this is looking to the Southwest from my porchView attachment 158266
I’d start knocking bush down!

Some updates on the fire... So good news fire has not reached Westwood or my parents house yet. Unfortunately the fire is continuing into the next small town west being Chester. Also a big concern is over night a spot fire about 6 miles east of the eastern flank started and grew to over 20 acres which is smack dab in the middle of us here in Janesville and the eastern flank of the fire. Also as you'll notice the fire is barreling right in our direction now. Some positive is winds today should not reach over 5mph here in the valley obviously the mountain range will have higher winds but nothing like the 30-50 mph gusts they were battling yesterday. Here is an updated map and you'll see the new spot fire and direction the eastern flank is moving unfortunately right twords us.
Screenshot_20210806-083538~2.png

Time to start defending your space. I'd be for digging or plowing a break on the fenceline and start soaking the upwind side of the property. I also wouldn't be afraid of putting sprinklers on the roofs. If you get evacuated you can turn them on before you go. It makes a difference.

Some updates on the fire... So good news fire has not reached Westwood or my parents house yet. Unfortunately the fire is continuing into the next small town west being Chester. Also a big concern is over night a spot fire about 6 miles east of the eastern flank started and grew to over 20 acres which is smack dab in the middle of us here in Janesville and the eastern flank of the fire. Also as you'll notice the fire is barreling right in our direction now. Some positive is winds today should not reach over 5mph here in the valley obviously the mountain range will have higher winds but nothing like the 30-50 mph gusts they were battling yesterday. Here is an updated map and you'll see the new spot fire and direction the eastern flank is moving unfortunately right twords us.View attachment 162243
Stay safe brother, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers

Another update* got a alert from the electric company they are restoring power back to Westwood for the time being. Really good sign as currently the fire is not making a run that way. Power was shut off last night to protect the personnel and area so definitely a good sign it is back on and there is less of a worry today. Waiting on more updates throughout the day and hoping they make a big push back today with the very light winds and better visibility.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back