New 3d printer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Z-seam is fusing my parts together. How can I make the seam itself less?

Should be 3 separate pieces.

image.jpg

Also, why won’t my z- seam lineup?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 34
My Z-seam is fusing my parts together. How can I make the seam itself less?

Should be 3 separate pieces.

View attachment 288500
Also, why won’t my z- seam lineup?

Presume you didn't change nozzle size ,still standard = 0.4

Do this >

Set your Layer Height = 0.18mm

Z Seam Alignment = Random

Z Seam X = 0
Z Seam Y = 0

Z Seam Relative (Unchecked)

Slice Tolerance = Exclusive

FTW! 💪🍺

Do this >

Z Seam X = 0
Z Seam Y = 0

FTW! 💪🍺
Thank you so much. I’ve been so frustrated today😂
I love it but I’ve printed this test file 8 times now. I’ll start yours after this one finishes failing, just so I can say 9😂😂

Do this >

Z Seam X = 0
Z Seam Y = 0

FTW! 💪🍺
I did just these settings and changed nothing else. I got the filamental ball of doom. Not the clogged one, but the “curly hair” ball. Might I have done something wrong?

I did just these settings and changed nothing else. I got the filamental ball of doom. Not the clogged one, but the “curly hair” ball. Might I have done something wrong?

Pics?

Hmm..

If you like-
Send over the .STL and I'll get it a try on my end ,during my lunch break and see what's going on..
nevermind! I kept the exact settings but re downloaded the file to the sd card, started the print and ran away so I wouldn’t see it fail. Turns out, the print is 33% done and looking great so far. Thanks🤷‍♂️
Seems like my printer is scared of the great @Tex Koder

nevermind! I kept the exact settings but re downloaded the file to the sd card, started the print and ran away so I wouldn’t see it fail. Turns out, the print is 33% done and looking great so far. Thanks🤷‍♂️
Seems like my printer is scared of the great @Tex Koder

Haha..
Your printer just need some competition...
Or out into the dumpster it goes!!

Glad to hear the settings worked for you 👍

IT WORKED AFTER 14 TEST PRINTS! Now I have to print the full sword…

Make sure you print in Translucent for the Blade and Add LED lights in it..

Cause We want to see some Action ,Damn it!
Make it Glow!!!

light saber fighting GIF

lightsaber fighting GIF

Don't forget the Double Bladed StaffSaber too!
star wars lightsabers GIF by Digg

Last edited:
Haha..
Your printer just need some competition...
Or out into the dumpster it goes!!

Glad to hear the settings worked for you 👍

Make sure you print in Translucent for the Blade and Add LED lights in it..

Cause We want to see some Action ,Damn it!
Make it Glow!!!

light saber fighting GIF

lightsaber fighting GIF

Don't forget the Double Bladed StaffSaber too!
star wars lightsabers GIF by Digg
I only have black pla at the moment. If the thing I’m printing for a buddy works, I’ll get a new roll of TPU or PETG

View attachment 290263
My enclosure😂
A print warped and I decided I wanted to be able to print with my fan on at night. The fan is crazy powerful so I needed one or it warped lots of prints.

Quick call Bezos, he needs to be paying you sponsorship money for that custom enclusure!!

You can add one of those stick-on LED lights to see better without having to take the whole thing off when you need to check on the print progress.

Also, when you have more time, you can give it the "Voron" theme treatment..
1680546472647.png

1680546425953.png

Quick call Bezos, he needs to be paying you sponsorship money for that custom enclusure!!

You can add one of those stick-on LED lights to see better without having to take the whole thing off when you need to check on the print progress.

Also, when you have more time, you can give it the "Voron" theme treatment..
View attachment 290284
View attachment 290282
Honestly, it can’t hurt to call! I should try it just to see what they say! That enclosure looks sweet. I’ll have to print some peices to help it.

Honestly, it can’t hurt to call! I should try it just to see what they say! That enclosure looks sweet. I’ll have to print some peices to help it.

Considering how MANY 3D printers are out there in the world... (I'm sure Amazon have big data on the exact quantities) They should be handing out their own branded enclosure tents or something with each sale!
Just think of the amount of free marketing they are getting each time we post photos/videos of our prints with their enclosures..

They should pay me some royalties for this Great Marketing Idea!!

For those of you who keep up with my printing journey, quick update, more to come. I’ve been struggling with my prints. Turns out, the wheels to adjust the bed are broke. I talked to amazon, and they’re talking to creality. If creality doesn’t send me a new printer or all the parts needed to fix it, Amazon will send me a full new printer with no cost.

The screws are out of the heat bed. No clue how this happened because they worked fine the day i got it, haven’t touched them since.

For those of you who keep up with my printing journey, quick update, more to come. I’ve been struggling with my prints. Turns out, the wheels to adjust the bed are broke. I talked to amazon, and they’re talking to creality. If creality doesn’t send me a new printer or all the parts needed to fix it, Amazon will send me a full new printer with no cost.

The screws are out of the heat bed. No clue how this happened because they worked fine the day i got it, haven’t touched them since.

What?!?
Pics please.

And, good luck!
Hopefully Creality/Amazon will come through and this your printer back up and running real soon without much fuss.

We want to see you back in Action 💪

What?!?
Pics please.

And, good luck!
Hopefully Creality/Amazon will come through and this your printer back up and running real soon without much fuss.

Thanks Tex. I’m at work, I’ll post a vid on YouTube and link it later, that’s how they see if it really is broke.

I want to be back in action

What?!?
Pics please.

And, good luck!

Here’s a link. There’s two vids, just look at the channel.
I did not use my own channel, I don’t have one. Maybe I should tho…

Edit: you can’t see on the channel. I’ll link the other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back