Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its over geared... I was having almost the exact same problem with a 17t, I put the 13t back on, problem solved. I know you're speed freak Moirae, but put a 15t on and call it a day lol, you literally have a dozen other wild rigs already!! (y) I think 14t might be the sweet spot, gonna experiment a little more when I have time.. 17 was too much, the 13 seems a little conservative, 14-16 is where it's at depending on battery/motor choice

I've heard it referred to as teal..IDK, but I like it.
I doubt is teal. Teal is more of a greenish color.

It is very close to this one might even be the same.

Duratrax PC252 Polycarbonate Spray Can Blue Flash

1660835694330.png

On the Kraton, it looks like the rear battery retainer can be moved all the way back to accommodate larger batteries. And that is why part of it is hinged, so you can still remove the red power module retainer. But what about that rib that is left? Are you really supposed to cut that out and then you can never run shorter lipos again? Or you leave it in, and your lipo gets cracked or dented by the rib. Seems like a really bad design if that summarizes what is intended.

On the Kraton, it looks like the rear battery retainer can be moved all the way back to accommodate larger batteries. And that is why part of it is hinged, so you can still remove the red power module retainer. But what about that rib that is left? Are you really supposed to cut that out and then you can never run shorter lipos again? Or you leave it in, and your lipo gets cracked or dented by the rib. Seems like a really bad design if that summarizes what is intended.

You don't need to swivel that rear piece to get the red piece out on the Kraton. As far as I can tell, they just reused the design for the Outcast and just decided to keep the same swivel part to use as the backstop for the back of the battery.

You don't need to swivel that rear piece to get the red piece out on the Kraton. As far as I can tell, they just reused the design for the Outcast and just decided to keep the same swivel part to use as the backstop for the back of the battery.
Ah I see. Maybe what this person on FB Arrma RC Arrmy is doing is not intentional then. Weird it has provisions on the chasis for it to be moved back though 🤷‍♂️

1660843627850.png

Its over geared... I was having almost the exact same problem with a 17t, I put the 13t back on, problem solved. I know you're speed freak Moirae, but put a 15t on and call it a day lol, you literally have a dozen other wild rigs already!! (y) I think 14t might be the sweet spot, gonna experiment a little more when I have time.. 17 was too much, the 13 seems a little conservative, 14-16 is where it's at depending on battery/motor choice
You talking about the problem of the truck acting "starved" for power? lol man I thought 17t was low enough. Dropping it even more is literally stock speeds while I have much better electronics than stock. That is bonkers to me, like what is even the point of upgrading to a max 8 g2 and tp motor if I can only get stock speeds even with a much better setup. This whole 4s truck thing is putting real bad taste in my mouth lol.
Ah I see. Maybe what this person on FB Arrma RC Arrmy is doing is not intentional then. Weird it has provisions on the chasis for it to be moved back though 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 237198
I had to remove that piece completely to even fit my 4s batteries.

You talking about the problem of the truck acting "starved" for power? lol man I thought 17t was low enough. Dropping it even more is literally stock speeds while I have much better electronics than stock. That is bonkers to me, like what is even the point of upgrading to a max 8 g2 and tp motor if I can only get stock speeds even with a much better setup. This whole 4s truck thing is putting real bad taste in my mouth lol.

I had to remove that piece completely to even fit my 4s batteries.
Lol, I hear ya, I was thinking the same thing until I put the 13t back in, and I'm using a Spektrum 150a esc so real close to what you are working with. The truck moves out, even with the 13t, if I can run a 15 or even 14 with no issues, I'll be happy. I bought it for more of a lightweight stunt truck so I was never really looking for the speed part of it, but I understand, it's definitely frustrating when an idea doesn't turn out like you imagined to..

Received mine today. Colour is gorgeous. The suspension feels way too plush but im putting 6s shocks anyway on it. The tires feel good. The diffs feel nut smooth like hole crap. Didnt remember the 6s diff or the v1 diffs to be this smooth. I did find s problem. My body has a gew defects like a blob of lexan on the front and the rear of the body near the shock towers its already scratched the paint off:/. Hope i don't find other things wrong on it
20220818_193333.jpg
20220818_193343.jpg
20220818_193423.jpg

Is that line also normal?
I can already hear people say its going to be scratched up first fun. Nope i shoe goo and dry wall my bodies before use so the paint doesn't chip away like that

Received mine today. Colour is gorgeous. The suspension feels way too plush but im putting 6s shocks anyway on it. The tires feel good. The diffs feel nut smooth like hole crap. Didnt remember the 6s diff or the v1 diffs to be this smooth. I did find s problem. My body has a gew defects like a blob of lexan on the front and the rear of the body near the shock towers its already scratched the paint off:/. Hope i don't find other things wrong on itView attachment 237250View attachment 237251View attachment 237252
Is that line also normal?
I can already hear people say its going to be scratched up first fun. Nope i shoe goo and dry wall my bodies before use so the paint doesn't chip away like that
Mine was same way. Added some thick gorrila tape to the underside where it rubs.
And mine is crazy quiet and smooth when driving. I love it.

I have put 6s notorious shocks on and they feels exactly like rhe stock shocks for the rear. The front ones have longer springs even wirh no preload the truck sits too high and springy. The black springs look nice and fel a bit beefier in the rear but its not noticanle on the truck. Best would be to keep the shocks springs.The stock shocks are heavier by a few grams vs 6s shocks.
Fronts
20220818_212524.jpg
20220818_212511.jpg

The rears are the same lenghts tho
16608729203188033260574312548492.jpg

The frobt noto shocks berely bottom out when the chassi slaps so keep that also in mind

Last edited:
I had a set of kraton 6s shocks I was originally planning on using but I also think the stock shocks are nice. Would be perfect if it was threaded and easily adjustable though.

I really like the stock suspension on the new rigs. Handles really nice.
Seems to be a common sentiment from most of the YT reviews thus far..stock suspension is really good.
For me its about not having to buy propriatary parts for it
Just curious, what's proprietary aboot these shocks? I know using spacers instead of threaded collars sucks,but I find them sufficient. Are the shock bodies 16mm?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back