Outcast New lipo required

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwblue00

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
My 4s lihv gensacearespammers lipo I think is on its way out. So im looking at SMC batteries. Debating on going 4s again or going 6s and tuning down the esc a little. Let me know what ya think. Looking to purchase asap.

Hey Woodie, yeah I'm looking at SMC. I figured that if I go 6s I can tune out some power out of the esc to save the diffs also having more voltage will require less amps from the battery....'in theory'. So is it worth it to go 6s or stay on 4s?

Hey Woodie, yeah I'm looking at SMC. I figured that if I go 6s I can tune out some power out of the esc to save the diffs also having more voltage will require less amps from the battery....'in theory'. So is it worth it to go 6s or stay on 4s?
If you only have one pack and your replacing it, I'd go with 6S. Lets the motor/esc do what it's supposed to do instead of pulling excess amps out of 4S.

If I didn't have so many 2S packs, I probably would have gone 2x3S for my outcast. Issue is, I have 2 other MT's I run 2x2S in because that's what works best in them, more is too hard on them. So, I run the same in my outcast.

The hitec pro x2 with soldering station. It has 2 ports will charge 1s to 6s lipo. It also charges lilo, life, lihv, nimh, and pb batteries

that's my charger there.

Looks like B may be throttled to 100W max with 200W total for both if using both at the same time, hard to tell as they write specs so weird for no good reason.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hitec-x2-ac-pro-ac-dc-multicharger-hrc44238/p465657
https://hitecrcd.com/products/charg...s/x2-ac-pro-2-port-acdc-multi-charger/product

I have the D7 that I use for my 3S packs, but since I'm running 3S 7200mah, even my 4x100w/4x10A charger can handle those, but it would hit the wattage limit if I was charging 7200mah 6S packs.

When charging 4-5--6S lipos I generally only use 1 channel. If i have to use both I'll charge at a lower amperage on both channels. It does the job very well for what I use it for.

When charging 4-5--6S lipos I generally only use 1 channel. If i have to use both I'll charge at a lower amperage on both channels. It does the job very well for what I use it for.
Yeah, I didn't mean anything by it. Just that running large 6S+ packs, charging capability comes into play more than if you were running 4S or 2x3S.

So when charging one 6s on one channel what amps do you set? I have the same charger and are struggling with this very thing.

Well I don't have a 5 or 6s lipo. But home laws still apply. I'm able to set a 4s lihv at 7.5 amps to charge. And it does. You may need to go into your chargers settings and see if you have them set right

I have the same charger works well for 6 S. I only have 5200 though.

5.0. Is what it says. Just following instructions. Seems to work well. Roughly 45 minutes +/- for charge.

Attachments

• 30E3BA70-F442-4A74-BB0C-1703E2466D35.jpeg
    30E3BA70-F442-4A74-BB0C-1703E2466D35.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 49
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back