New MT12 Surface Radio Controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where it wont impact the reverse to neutral
In practice yes, but its not the perfect way. (The x<0 can only be set up under model inputs and affects expo and stuff, so you can have expo under throttle and linear under braking, but there is no slow up setting there.:confused:)

So I can only think of a momentary button that switches from normal throttle channel to slow up throttle channel when pressed. (Just hold it pressed when you need it) In my use case, I prefer to switch from "launch control" to normal throttle quickly anyways:).

Here is how one can setup this "compromise":
Press MDL go to the mixes page - long press and edit the throttle channel - set your slow up - set the momentary butten you want by pressing it.(arrow down and S for slow can be seen)
IMG_20240101_172345.jpg

To have normal throttle while the button is not pressed: long press and copy the channel - remove the slow up - set the momentary button to its opposite setting (arrow up for not being pressed down)

IMG_20240101_172348.jpg

In practice yes, but its not the perfect way. (The x<0 can only be set up under model inputs and affects expo and stuff, so you can have expo under throttle and linear under braking, but there is no slow up setting there.:confused:)

So I can only think of a momentary button that switches from normal throttle channel to slow up throttle channel when pressed. (Just hold it pressed when you need it) In my use case, I prefer to switch from "launch control" to normal throttle quickly anyways:).

Here is how one can setup this "compromise":
Press MDL go to the mixes page - long press and edit the throttle channel - set your slow up - set the momentary butten you want by pressing it.(arrow down and S for slow can be seen)
View attachment 340382
To have normal throttle while the button is not pressed: long press and copy the channel - remove the slow up - set the momentary button to its opposite setting (arrow up for not being pressed down)

View attachment 340383

That seems like a good work around.
We don't use reverse all that often if we are driving correctly ;)

EDIT!!!! BELOW INFO ABOUT BUG

Launch Control for speedrun done :)

Chan1 - steering
Chan 2 - theottle with petfect pass launch control
Chan 3 - throttle direct

:)

Last edited:
Internal antenna receiver vs dual external antenna receiver.
IMG_20240102_113648.jpg

Both have around -30dbm (how loud they can hear the signal) when the MT12 is nearby. The low signal warning starts at 95dbm and the limit is 105dbm.

But at a certain distance (only a test inside the house) the ER3C has -74dbm and 98% of the data is understood.
The ER6 has -58db and -66db on the second antenna and 100% data is understood. (all values are jumping a bit of course)

So the ER6 definitly has better range but in this case there would be no difference since both understood ~100% data.

Launch Control for speedrun done :)

Chan1 - steering
Chan 2 - theottle with petfect pass launch control
Chan 3 - throttle direct

:)
I do not fully understand how you did it but it sure works good:)

IMG_20240102_113541.jpg

IMG_20240102_113129.jpg

EDIT!!!! BELOW INFO ABOUT BUG

And on picture documentation how to set

I just split throttle to two UP and DOWN
next one positve modified with delay
and finnaly mixed

That all tricks

1000019306.jpg

Last edited:
IMPORTANT UPDATE

After testing found some serious error with finding ZERO

I suspect problem com from this formula

Need find where report on github.com on project page

We can choose only three formulas
-----
>0
<0

should be two more
>=0
<-0

Available to choose

WARNING - now function is still usless

1000019322.jpg

In meanti.e i searching for 100mW receiver telemetry module

ELRS PWM naturally

Now only found 17mW ... continue searching
1000019329.jpg

For speedrun if we have only 10mW receiver - in my opinion better off, will not work telemetry properly.

FIXED - problem with LaunchControl - perfectpass ==> solved.

just used different function and works OK with no bug

result of testing here :)

View attachment 340524

View attachment 340526
Great job

@SP3SWJ was working on this night and day to get it figured out.
He is also working on a range and latency test that should be really interesting.

As always great contributions to the RC hobby!

Last edited:
Next function added - up to 10% work with fast response imediate

Additional MIXER with 10% weight

IF we will add we can set gentle ramp 2 second ;-)
Can work smooth and quite responsive

1000019349.jpg

1000019350.jpg

This radio is really amazing!!!

Another spam ;-) about MT12

Curve and voice feedback

[

I have to take a break from playing with this device ;-) because it has too many possibilities and I wouldn't be able to leave it for a week or do anything else.

I received the mt12 days ago and the initial impression is that it is very well balanced yet light in your hands. Also seems incredibly well made. I am excited to test the range with the internal ceramic RX.

I also like that it games that you can play 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back