New MT12 Surface Radio Controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even need to read this or any documentation.

Radiomaster, OpenTx, Surface Radio, Multimodule or elrs

SOLD!!

I've been making OpenTx radiomaster videos on my channel for 3 years now. I know all I need too. :ROFLMAO: This is Epic!!

20220802_174059.jpg

I like the built in voltage telemetry they provide. What if you want temp sensor telemetry. Can you use an s.bus temp sensor or something preexisting for that?
My EdgeTX Radiomaster TX16 supports any sensor you want via sbus, not sure about this radio, but the OS supports it. I will say this radios menu's for me leave a lot to be desired. I'm used to EdgeTx on a full blown flight radio. But regardless I was hoping they had ditched the monochrome lcd crap.

The big bonus for all the flight radio peeps with EdgeTx was touch screen support, I really wished they had done a high quality touch screen here. The radiomaster tx16 base model is only like $160 lol, and its a 4 or 5" touch screen. So I know they can do it for the money.

I went ahead and ordered a MT12 so we will see how it goes. Of course I did the Multi-module I don't need elrs like on my drone, im not going 5 miles away. :ROFLMAO: Even though my current Radiolink RC6GS does on-screen voltage telemetry, I use it on 70% of my vehicles, I figured I'd try this radio out and see what its got. I've not been disappointed with a radiomaster so far.

I bought MT12 ELRS version LBT for europe. Not tested on field yet, now learning.

I bought three receivers with internal ceramic antenna, maybe need buy more with external antenna... wait for test.

For big range we need off telemetry because receiver have only 10mW transmit power.

Hand radio in EU version allowed to work 100mW.

We need use 50Hz refresh rate to better receiver sensivity

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zJWHoznFtgPvzm8a8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5v4oW3KmJGat5KCC9

on first constact very "crazy" radio

https://edgetx.gitbook.io/edgetx-user-manual/b-and-w-radios/main-view

Not yet compatibile on EDGETX COMPANION, but will be.

Now I try to find how set up THROTTLE DELAY :)

For me very promising radio.

I bought MT12 ELRS version LBT for europe. Not tested on field yet, now learning.

I bought three receivers with internal ceramic antenna, maybe need buy more with external antenna... wait for test.

For big range we need off telemetry because receiver have only 10mW transmit power.

Hand radio in EU version allowed to work 100mW.

We need use 50Hz refresh rate to better receiver sensivity

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zJWHoznFtgPvzm8a8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5v4oW3KmJGat5KCC9

on first constact very "crazy" radio

https://edgetx.gitbook.io/edgetx-user-manual/b-and-w-radios/main-view

Not yet compatibile on EDGETX COMPANION, but will be.

Now I try to find how set up THROTTLE DELAY :)

For me very promising radio.
Looking forward to your review of it Jaroslaw!

Alright fine I just ordered one.
I debated between ordering on Amazon or direct from them, but wanted to get some extra parts and just ordered direct from Radio Master.

I hope it comes in within 2 weeks before I move.
I have ordered from them direct when I dropped my radio and busted like 3 switches clean off. It wasnt 2 weeks.

I would assume it does RSSI data, even may radiolink does that. Anyone know for sure?

For sure in ELRS version RSSI is :) and "link quality" can be addes to custom defined telemetry screen - but ;-)

For long long range will bot work because hand radio power is 100mW
And receiver have only 10mW, on long distance you stop receiving telemetry

1000018815.jpg

For sure in ELRS version RSSI is :) and "link quality" can be addes to custom defined telemetry screen - but ;-)

For long long range will bot work because hand radio power is 100mW
And receiver have only 10mW, on long distance you stop receiving telemetry
Cool I assumed it did rssi, just wanted to be sure haha. Thx

If you switch off telemetry in receiver - RSSI not available.

I try to "test" refresh signal PWM.

In ELRS we need set up SPEED in receiver for every channel selectively

1000018817.jpg

And we need set in two or three places in transmitter 333Hz, maybe my servo is to slow to show differences, but for sure I heard some differences.

Finally I back to 50Hz - because of bigger range (better receiver sensivity on about 10dB)

1000018786.jpg

For speedrun 50Hz PWM refresh is enough.

Testing in progress...

I try to find how to set up "throttle delay" aka "perfectpass" in MT12.

Generally found this parameters - but work totally different than in other surface radios - and is usless for speedrun in current form of working.

1000018863.jpg

1000018861.jpg

More on video, work bad for values below "zero" position

Function must be written manually as new specual LUA script.

Detailed manual for MT12.

https://device.report/manual/10579375

I configured the SC momentary button to be my "launch control" button. While pressed it activates slow up 3.5 (1.75 seconds until full throttle is reached) and throttle expo and sets a certain gyro gain. So one button sets three settings (y)

I think you can set slow up for only x>0 or x<0 if you only want slow up when accelerating only...

Are there any good guides to all the settings on the MT12. I'm new to this side of it, not being involved in aviation RC's at all and was wondering if there was a noob or beginners guide to understanding the complex functionality.

I am currently hooking up mine to my fireteam (MT12 ELRS FCC - ER3C-i)

My pre-order arrived 2-3 weeks ago, but weather was like nah, no rc time. I really like the build quality. Unlike the NB4 it's mostly plastic, but it feels very solid (unlike my old radiolink's)

Never cared much for the 4-in-1 module, used it quite a lot with my drones, but most have become ELRS anyways. Why care for obsolete protocols ;)

tests and findings likely will follow

I configured the SC momentary button to be my "launch control" button. While pressed it activates slow up 3.5 (1.75 seconds until full throttle is reached) and throttle expo and sets a certain gyro gain. So one button sets three settings (y)

I think you can set slow up for only x>0 or x<0 if you only want slow up when accelerating only...
;-) i have own prpgrammed DIY "launch control" module and works fine ;-)

https://sites.google.com/view/smoothrottle-jerry-perfectpass

Tested different curves od DYNO and on road too, but now I plan implement this function in MT12.

Maybe good idea to have magic button, but must be good prepared procedure for take over manual control.in any moment, and smooth transition to manual steering.

This radio is super amazing. It can do anything. I ordered mine on preorder when I first heard about it. So far I have added a headtracker module to mine. There are so many people doing so many crazy things with this radio. I cant wait for the next model. Hopefully with a color touchscreen just like the TX16s.

This radio is super amazing. It can do anything. I ordered mine on preorder when I first heard about it. So far I have added a headtracker module to mine. There are so many people doing so many crazy things with this radio. I cant wait for the next model. Hopefully with a color touchscreen just like the TX16s.
Yeah I love my TX16, had it for about 3 years now. Amazing radio!! I am actually surprised they didnt do a better screen on this MT12.

20210113_180120.jpg

This showed that it bound to a DSM2 receiver, not DSMR. That is a dual protocol receiver. DSMR failed in the next few minutes.
View attachment 339425
The only reason it bound to that receiver was because it was using the DSM2 protocol side rather than the DSMR one. DSMR bind attempts fail as shown in the next scene.
DSMR protocol has the latest and fastest latency specs over a DSM OR DSM2 FWIW.

I try to find how to set up "throttle delay" aka "perfectpass" in MT12.

Generally found this parameters - but work totally different than in other surface radios - and is usless for speedrun in current form of working.

View attachment 339902

View attachment 339903

More on video, work bad for values below "zero" position

Function must be written manually as new specual LUA script.

Detailed manual for MT12.

https://device.report/manual/10579375

It is funny that they consider full reverse back to neutral throttle point as "UP". When you program the slow up with the timed delay it also impacts the full reverse to 0.
That seems very wrong.

Are you saying you found a way to make the Slow up only work from neutral point to full throttle where it wont impact the reverse to neutral?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back