Notorious New notorious wont turn on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydmech

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
I just got my notorious and ran it on a fully charged 6s batt for about 5 mins and it quit. Now it won't turn on at all. The power switch does nothing..really new to this stuff and don't know what to do...id hate to think the controller is fried for some reason..

I just got my notorious and ran it on a fully charged 6s batt for about 5 mins and it quit. Now it won't turn on at all. The power switch does nothing..really new to this stuff and don't know what to do...id hate to think the controller is fried for some reason..

I doubt it, but you'll be under warranty. I just got mine today and I am also fairly new to the world of bashers (coming from crawling) and let me tell you one thing: this thing is unbelievable. Once you get it going, you'll be very, very happy.

I hope that the guys here can help you figure it out.

Maybe dumb question but did u check to make sure that ur battery was all the way pluged in and that loop connector also? And all the wires where plugged in. Nothing got in the spur gear ⚙️?

Yea I have about 5 mins on it and Holy smokes does it fly! So here is a pic of the charged battery I tried plus a matching one. I assume this voltage is good to go.

16142111782409077155223665293698.jpg

Maybe dumb question but did u check to make sure that ur battery was all the way pluged in and that loop connector also? And all the wires where plugged in. Nothing got in the spur gear ⚙️?
I double triple checked all that.

Ok so more info..I went back to it and it came on..so I was going to go drive it and as I was moving the fan power supply wires i moved the motor supply wires and it kicked off. Now won't come back on....so I will wait again maybe the controller has a reset timer or something. But I think maybe I have a bad wire in the controller that's shorting out...more to come

16142118320861521530955583885560.jpg

If the throttle, steering, fans and LEDs on the ESC aren't working, it sounds like the ESC is faulty

(sorry i won't be much help because i have the v3 talion power system) check to see if all the wires are plugged in including the ones in the receiver box and maybe remove the esc to make sure all the wires are not damaged

So I can't get it to turn back on..I think the controller is toast or something..well here goes the warranty process I guess..it literally has 5 mins on it

And more...
So I went back to it after a few hours and dinner. It turned on no prob. The little buzzer was doing its thing and the code it beeped out was capacitor over volt. I used the spektrum s2100 charger and this what it took them too. Any how took the truck out and ran for like 20mins and I called it a night...zero probs! PUZZLING!

Thats super weird, electronics have minds of their own sometimes. Did they send you a skynet infected esc. lol. don't hook it to your computer :ROFLMAO:

If it works now, my guess is that water was affecting the ESC or receiver. I've had very similar issues after running in the wet, and it worked again after a few days of drying out

Ok..so I have given it a few days and on Sunday I went back to it. Now it turns on and right back off. So I emailed horizon hobby. Gave them all the info they requested. My reply was we will send you a new esc..but...oh were out of stock.. so great now I wait till who knows when.

Ok..so I have given it a few days and on Sunday I went back to it. Now it turns on and right back off. So I emailed horizon hobby. Gave them all the info they requested. My reply was we will send you a new esc..but...oh were out of stock.. so great now I wait till who knows when.

I just had the same problem after a week of owning the Notorious. The problem is, I believe, that the seals around the batterie wires are cracking, letting water in. I suspect that the internal board is not varnished, so it turns off. Whether it is going in protection mode or simply shorting, I have no idea. Once the ESC dries up, it works again.

I sent mine back to the place where I bought the truck and they will ship a new one this week - I was lucky enough that they had a couple in stock. That being said, I expect the new one to do the exact same thing unless I do something about it.

I will email Arrma about it and see if they have a long-term solution.

If it works now, my guess is that water was affecting the ESC or receiver. I've had very similar issues after running in the wet, and it worked again after a few days of drying out

I think we've got a winner.

Mine just did that. Problem is that water infiltrating the ESC is not good news for the long-term longevity. I sent mine back under warranty, but I will email Arrma/Horizon to get a long term fix, if not, I will be replacing mine every couple of weeks. Water in the ESC will end up damaging the electronics long-term and that is... well... sup-optimal, to say the least.

I am living in snow conditions were salt is used to melt the snow on the roads. I am not playing on the road themselves to avoid the most of it, but with snow blowers, it basically sends it everywhere. That will not be good long-term inside the electronics. It is already not the best for the overall truck, but I'm fine with replacing bearings and such, but the electronics on this truck are quite expensive and also, hard to find sometimes.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back