Senton New Senton 4X4, a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking at the universal dusty motors covers. Did you get the medium or medium plus. Just wondering if the large with be sufficient for covering over top of the mud/dust guards?

Just looking at the universal dusty motors covers. Did you get the medium or medium plus. Just wondering if the large with be sufficient for covering over top of the mud/dust guards?
I actually got the size large, and it fit with a bit of side length left. Height under the shroud shouldn't be a problem, I elected to only run part of the mud/dust guards because they would have made connecting the shroud extra difficult. I'll try to get better images this evening to explain my thinking. Maybe I'll do a quick DIY write-up on how I made the shroud work with my side impact bars and mud guards in place?

That would be good. I'm tired of my senton filling up with snow haha. Lots up here in Alberta, Canada

Hey Bmansdad, I actually did go for the cover, worked out beautifully. I got it through T-Bone Racing, ordered the universal fit medium size. I'm only running half the side guard extensions because they wouldn't fit under the shroud. Also, I had to cut the bottom edge of the shroud where the side impact bars attach, I wanted to keep those. If you do like I did, be careful, the mesh material is extremely delicate when its cut! I reinforced it with hot glue after cutting, it's holding up great. I have run it about 6 times with the shroud in place with 2S, no heat problems. Ran it in the snow, kept everything clean and almost totally dry too!

Now I have a question about the Granite wheels and tires, because I've been thinking of trying that. Did you have to change the spur gear? Looks tough as hell with the bigger tires in place.

View attachment 14495 View attachment 14496 View attachment 14497 View attachment 14498
Did not change any gearing. The drive is exactly the same as the Granite's, only the Granites come with a 14T Pinion. I'm brushless in the Senton, tock 17T, and loving how it runs (though I did put its original tires back on already...kid was bitching because his Granite looked silly with the Senton wheels/tires LOL). It was a test. ;-)

Did not change any gearing. The drive is exactly the same as the Granite's, only the Granites come with a 14T Pinion. I'm brushless in the Senton, tock 17T, and loving how it runs (though I did put its original tires back on already...kid was bitching because his Granite looked silly with the Senton wheels/tires LOL). It was a test. ;-)

I actually thought it looked cool with the tire change. What wheels and tires were they?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Had an opportunity to run the truck at lunch, and I'm very impressed! Sorry I didn't get any photos of the truck running, but I was a bit busy. Even with stock NiMH power, this truck has plenty of giddy-up for a newb, I'd guess the 30mph claim is not overy-imaginative! The run time was a solid 15 minutes with lots of top speed running.

I found the handling on pavement particularly impressive, very planted and easy to control without being sluggish. Also ran through some grass and leaves, did an admirable job with that as well, considering the smaller tires. Found some handicap access sidewalk ramps to hop off of, and it was remarkably balanced in the air and landed flat and controlled each time. Even on pavement at full chat, the truck never rolled, but did poke that front inside wheel in the air a few times on corner exit. :)

Only negative I could think of relates to the stadium truck body, any and all debris picked up by the tires wound up in the chassis. I worry slightly about long-term reliability of drivetrain components when exposed to all that debris. I think I'll actually put some heat shrink tubing around the telescoping section of the driveshaft, maybe that'll help?

Anyway, very impressed after my first outing, looking forward to many more fun lunch sessions. Time to pony up for a LiPo soon!

Hi I had the same problem with gravel filling up the chassis so I cut 2 shields out of clear plastic sheet, shaped to the inside body contour but leaving about a 50 mm gap front and back for air flow and stuck them to the side of the chassis with double sided tape. Works well
P1010154.JPG
P1010155.JPG

I got my dusty motors cover I got the medium + size. Took off the side protectors and it fits nicely over the mud shields. Works very nicely. No more cleaning salty snow out of the chassis just the wheels haha.

Panty hose. Cheap, breathable and sexy, but mostly sexy:love:

Attachments

• 20181214_003301.jpg
    20181214_003301.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20181214_003321.jpg
    20181214_003321.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20181214_003334.jpg
    20181214_003334.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 70
What's a pair of cheap nylons cost now days? A couple of bucks?
$3 for two pairs at the dollar store. Not exactly the thing I like to show up at the register with, but it is what it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back