New Spektrum Smart batteries and chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Just got this email from Amain. Guess the future is now. It was mentioned in the Arrma founder's interview, that this is what can be expected in new models.

Sounds more plug-and-play, but not very compelling if you are already setup. I'm not sure battery type and charge rate qualify as "unique information".

I literally just bought a new Hota D6 Plus charger from SMC yesterday because my old Durtrax only does up to 3S.

I will have to pass on this for the foreseeable future. I would rather they focus on making better telemetry products. That is the stuff I want to know about!

Edit Hota, not Hoda

Telemetry would be really good. Need to be careful how far that stuff is taken though. It would be handy to mix it with the batteries so you have some kind of an idea how they are going from your transmitter when driving about though. Ideally much of that would come from a "smart" ESC where they could actually "dump down" the battery a little maybe

Telemetry would be really good. Need to be careful how far that stuff is taken though. It would be handy to mix it with the batteries so you have some kind of an idea how they are going from your transmitter when driving about though. Ideally much of that would come from a "smart" ESC where they could actually "dump down" the battery a little maybe
I agree. To add on to the smart esc, I’d like one that can read individual cell voltages, so if one starts to get low it can go into low voltage protection.

My Super Rock Rey takes two big 4s batteries. The way the battery compartment is designed , it makes it tough to find a good spot for the balance leads. I ended up smashing one on one of the batteries. So I’d welcome a battery where everything was on one plug.

They still have a balance port, but there is an extra wire on power lead. The main problem I see is with the battery, it has a circuit board in it. That would make it more expensive and may have more problems.

They still have a balance port, but there is an extra wire on power lead. The main problem I see is with the battery, it has a circuit board in it. That would make it more expensive and may have more problems.

Ah - ok, disregard my post. I thought it eliminated the balance lead.

Didn't realize that. Figured it was like the traxxas ID plug. Power and balance all in one plug end. Hopefully they conformal coat the board or people that have relied on lipo's ability to get wet and survive won't fair too well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back