Question On Spektrum Smart Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Granite Mega
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon Mega
Just picked up a Big Rock from a pawn shop. You can check it out here:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/look-what-i-found.62449/#post-937022

It came with a Spektrum 3S 5000mAh 50C Smart battery. I don't have a Smart charger, so I can't check IR. I do have a voltage checker like this one:

https://rcbattery.com/lipo-battery-...DrQhSRBVS3LrhbdLyd7Z8x686pgPwMEsaAi-lEALw_wcB

According to it. Cells 1-3, respectively.....3.83, 3.85 and 3.85. I can only assume they put it into storage. I know nothing of it's history or treatment. What do I do with it?

Ultimately, I'd like to give one of you a good deal. They're not cheap. Don't need it. But, don't want to rip anyone off. Nor do I want to pay for shipping. Plus, how do you ship one of these? Never done it. Or do I trash it. Seems a waste. Lots of questions.

Why don’t you keep it and run it? It has a balance plug, right? You don’t have to have a Smart charger to charge it, you can use any balance charger, right?
It has a balance plug. Different than all my other batteries. And think they have a microchip in it??

If someone has a solution to use it, I'm all ears.

Why don’t you keep it and run it? It has a balance plug, right? You don’t have to have a Smart charger to charge it, you can use any balance charger, right?
It has a balance plug. Different than all my other batteries.
Yeh treat it like a regular battery. The balance leads are the same just different color.
I have some 3s and 4s and the charger and other than the history I don't really see what the hype is all about. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeh treat it like a regular battery. The balance leads are the same just different color.
I have some 3s and 4s and the charger and other than the history I don't really see what the hype is all about. 🤷🏻‍♂️
OK, Just thought it wouldn't work. I'll give it a go.

Thanks, guys. Didn't know. Love this forum.

For sure, I have the same battery. That balance plug will fit in a standard charger.

Nothing special, but the battery works good on 3S cars.

Thanks. Learn something new every day. I'll stick it on a charger. See what the results are. Hopefully it makes it an even better deal.

Thanks. Learn something new every day. I'll stick it on a charger. See what the results are. Hopefully it makes it an even better deal.
Definitely, batteries aren’t cheap. And it was nice to see that the person who pawned it actually balanced charged the battery first. Run that thing until it’s toast!

Definitely, batteries aren’t cheap. And it was nice to see that the person who pawned it actually balanced charged the battery first. Run that thing until it’s toast!

Well, the battery may have done it itself. Believe that's why it's called smart. I'll charge it this weekend and use it in one of the other RCs. See what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back